methadone and xanax
if I took a 1/4 diac of methadone at 7 this morning could I take some xanax only a little, like 1/4th of a bar tonight areound 9 or 10pm. Also, I have been hearinf so many ways of taking the discs of methadone? under the tounge, swallowing like a pill, dissolving in water, which is the right way?  Also does anyone know the difference between suboxone, subutex and methodone. I heard subutes strips your body of opiates which makes you w/d faster and that its the same thing as naltraxone(sp?) whats the deal, im on day three of no oxys and I have one methadone disc, one subutex, a few xanax, and a few suboxone, and some clonidines. My main concern is sleeping at noght and being able to function because no one knows im in this spot again ang i have 2 small children,,any sugestions?
It sounds like you rounded up some drugs from a friend or you bought them but you want to be careful in mixing these drugs. If you main concern is sleep than the xanax will help with that and 1/4 bar or .50mg should help you sleep. I dont think you have enough of the M'done or Sub to help you but the Sub would be better to take providing you are into pretty good w/d's right now, if not it could be worst w/d's. The clonidine will also help relax you providing you are not on other blood pressure meds. The fact is you are going to have some w/d no matter what you take but if you just take all the meds you have you could make it worst so be careful and keep reading for more advise.  
you disolve the methadone in water.  you put the subutex under the tongue.  The methadone disolves quick and you drink it.  It takes about 30 minutes to an hour to feel better.  You will not get high.  If you have subutex, suboxone its really the same.  It is an opiate BLOCKER.  It will go to your brain and knock off the opiod receptors.  These opiod receptors are what causes us to want and need opiates.  Subutex -Suboxone BLOCKS these.  If you have a large amount of opiate in your system and you take these you WILL get SICK.  If you hold out as long as you can---I mean as long as you can get a little sick then when you just cant take it anymore then you can take the suboxone-subutex.  DO NOT take any opiates after you have started the suboxone.  You will notice that you wont even have the desire to take methadone or any opiates.  Subutex and suboxone is good stuff meaning it helps get you through the Wd's.  I took it for a week 8 mg every 24 hours and it worked wonders.  I waited until I was sick bc I knew someone that took it to early and screwed herself.  If you take it when you are already sick you will feel alot better.  For me I felt almost instantly better.  Subutex takes an hour to kick in and about 10-20 minutes to disolve under your tongue.  If you can make it today without any more methadone you might be able to start the subutex tomorrow morning.  I would start with the lowest dose like 1 pill then wait an hour and see of you need another.  Methadone will take 24 hours to begin breaking down in your system so try not to take anymore.  As far as xanax...it wont affect the subutex or suboxone so I would guess it is safe but I am not a DR just a very very very experienced addict.  BTW congrats on kicking oxy-perc been there.  That was my nightmare.  Just be prepared to feel crappy.  Tell the kids you dont feel well.  There is no painless way to kick.  I tried to do it as painless as possible and I still had to go through some things.  The soma should help with the rls.  You still might not sleep with xanax but benedryl worked for me
Whatever you do don't take suboxone with methadone or any opiates! It will send you into an immediate withdrawl so bad you'll wish you were dead. I speak from experience I never was on the toilet so long in all my life while puking at the same time. And be careful mixing benzos and methadone that combo kills more people then any other pill combo out there. Hope this helps!