Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
methadone as pain control abd withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I was on methadone for 9 , same dose for chronic migraines and pseudo tumor cerebri my script was stolen someone I knew stole the safe I had I locked in. My dr refused to prescribe more so went cold turkey while waiting to get new appointment at a pain clinic closer to where I live. She did prescribe clonidine which I am positive helped in the beginning she also petscribed some ultram for pain control it has been ineffective and have been to the e.r. 5 times already for my severe headaches. The headaches get so severe that it will be 3 days of nausea and vomiting and such excruciating pain from the back of my neck to my right eye.then off to the e.r for i.v pain meds antinausea nefs and fluids.So my question is this I seem to feel worse now am barely sleeping and have all the w/d symptoms but they seem to be getting worse.my first two weeks I felt fine didn't even get a real severe headache. I go to the new pain clinic in 2-3 weeks and am worried about going back on it cause the withdrawals have been so nasty but it's also been the only real effective med for my migraines. It gave me my life back I  never abused it but know my body was addicted to it. these medical condition can go away at menopause and that's what im hoping for but that's at least 10 years away. I want to go into the pain clinic educated this time. If I had known the withdrawals were this nasty im not sure it would have been a med I ever went on
Hey ang and welcome to the forum!!! I just wanted to say how sorry I am for all the pain ur in while I don't kno anything about methadone I wanted to show my support in saying ur not alone ( in the WD aspect of it) I hope everything works out for u! More will come along to offer advise!
How many Ultram do you take a day???  I ask because sometimes when I took over 400mg (4 pills) I would get that same pain... From the back of my neck to my right eye and real nasty headaches...