Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
methadone doctors

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

methadone doctors

Does anyone know of a website that has a list of doctors that give methadone for opiate abuse?

Like....for suboxone...it's suboxone.com.............then enter zip code and go from there....

Does such a website, phone number, etc exsist?  If so, where????? What is it??

Are you saying you are considering getting on Methadone to get off of Suboxone??   Using Methadone for almost any addiction, except possibly Heroin, is really jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.  Methadone has a place for very hard core Heroin addicts but almost every other drugs can be stopped with far less drastic measures.  Check out Sadinmichigan journal and see what others have gone through when trying to come off of Methadone.   Wishing you all the best.  Oh, someone will come along with the information you are seeking.
Doctors in the United States are forbidden by law to prescribe methadone for narcotic maintenance.....they are only allowed to prescribe methadone for chronic pain.........sorry .........
not for me...for my boyfriend.  he is addicted to heroin.  all painkillers but heroin too.  he isnt on suboxone right now.  id prefer suboxone (i mean, id prefer HIM to be on suboxone)  but honestly, we cannot afford it.  methadone is cheaper......suboxone docs want TONS of money upfront...i mean like $900-$1,500 and that isnt going to happen.
ok, but there are methadone clinics......so,  i should have clarified.  is there a list of methadone clinics in each county, state, city....etc.

we are desperate trying to figure something out. and, we cannot afford suboxone. even tho my bf was on it before and it worked.
I never have - but you should be able to google "behavioral health" and find that Information. Or you also should be able to go plain language and just ask google where they are ........................
there are  metadome docters just go to google and type in methadome docters in what ever state you live in and look they are out there my docter used to give me metadome to get off herion
Methadone is a expensive pain in the ***!Stay on suboxone!Its better than methadone.Methadone works, but after a couple months u r just taking it so u won't go through withdrawls.Been on it for 20 years and life *****.Try subutex-
U think things r hard for ya right now wait until u get on methadone. It was a nightmare for me. Thought I was doing the right thing but I was wrong. I was on it for two years which were spent in isolation in my bedroom liging n he!!. That was a trap unlike any other drug I'd been on. Please do ur research b4 u make a final desicion.