methadone
  Hi, I'm down to 5mg of methadone a day now and I was wondering if anyone knows if the withdrawal from 5mg to 0mg is about the same?  Or does it get much worse when u stop altogether?  I'm so scared I've heard some say it doesn't matter if u taper all the way to 0mg when u stop it's like death, then I hear that it won't be as bad if u taper all the way down.  I would love to hear from someone who has successfully gotten off methadone.  I'm planning on quitting soon and am really scared, so I would love to hear success stories!  
Hi Teri,

I don't have any personal experience with methadone, but I wanted to send my support and tell you that you CAN do this.  It is going to be rough, and there is no point in sugar coating it.  However, the fear is always worst than the process itself...If you surrender to it, it is so much easier.  Our minds are so powerful.  The only way out of this is through it, and you want your life back!  You deserve it.  You've just gotta be okay with not feeling okay for awhile and treat yourself with lots of gentle love.  We are all here to support you.  Deep breaths...Think about FREEDOM.

Much love
Lu
Hi Teri. It will depend on how much you were taking and for how long? If you have managed to get down to 5ml then you can go on and beat this. I have tapered off Methadone myself, so if you would likemsome more info, give us some info on how much how long!! There will be lots of people here who have gone through what your going through, Im sure we will be able to support you through to the end of your detox. Keep posting and best of luck. Blue
TERI check you mail