Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

methadone

i was wondering how the feelin is cuz i wanted to try it is it a upper or a downer
its a nightmare waiting to get you.
I was addicted to Methadone and it was hell to get off.
Anyway, it is a narcotic painkiller.  Some people get tired on pain meds, but I personally get a lot of energy, but not in a tweek way.  Don't drink alcohol with it.  My dealers had a girl come over one night when they were partying and gave her some methadone.  The next morning the coroner came and pulled her cold, dead body off of the couch.
You are obviously in the wrong place.  Have you bothered to take the time to read any of these posts on this forum?  These people are serious about getting off of drugs, these drugs that have absolutely ruined people's lives.  You try that methadone and we'll see you back here with a problem you can't stop, trying to withdraw, miserable, depressed, with your life spiraling our of control, or maybe we won't see you at all because you'll be dead.
Methadone doesn't get you high. The most it will do is make you feel sleepy. It's considered the most unsatisfying drug around, which is why it's so widely used and approved to control addicts.
There is a good chance of death if you haven't use opiates before you'll be dancing with death. & WHY would you want to try such an addictive drug in the first place you must of read post's on hear of how addictive it is & the hell people are going through to get of it. If you've come here for experance's on drug's your in the wrong place mate. Well no i take thet back stay & read what people go through trying to get of them & how they have ruined whole family's then tell me you want to try a highly addictive class a drug. All the best nat xxx
I'll apologize in advance for such a negative post, but I just have to chime in here.  It is people like THIS that are the problem.  There are people trying to get off narcotics, literally going through HELL.  There are people who REALLY need them for legitimate medical conditions and can't get them because doctors are afraid to prescribe them because of people like this.  And inevitably, it's people like this that get them, while people who really need them can't.

jrock, friend, please go somewhere else.
jrock heh your not worth it punk. no post for u
         I,ve been working hard to almost a year to get off methadone, & let me tell ya, its hell! I hate taking it, it doesnt get ya high, nor does it make you feel good, you would be a fool to try it, not to mention it can be lethal.
Methadone does get you high...and then before you know it you are a slave to the ****.  I don't know where you get your medical facts.  I'm not encouraging people to take it, hell no.  I'm trying to get off of it and it is hell.  Just stay away from all painkillers.  They can kill you because they are so addictive.  You just want a better and better high and then BAM...you're dead.  Anna Nicole Smith would know what I am saying...oh wait, she is dead because of the ****.  Anyway, I figure you said it doesn't to discourage people from taking it...but don't resort to lying...unless you've never tried it, then good for you.  Our bodies naturally produce opiates, we don't need to take any, and I would really like the medical industry to find other alternatives to painkillers.  In fact, my wife and I are working on creating all-natural pain reducing pills, she is a biochemist.  We want to find a way to cause the body to naturally produce more opiates for a short-period of time to help deal with pain.  If anyone thinks this is stupid I don't care, it is definitely better than taking opioides and eventually having your body not be able to produce them at all anymore.  

Anyone who wants to try methadone, be my guest.  But, be prepared for hell on earth trying to quit.  And like I said, your body will eventually not have the ability to produce opiates anymore.  That would basically mean that you would never feel happy again.  So go ahead and try some if that is what you want to look forward to.  Ask my dad, he is already there.
what is 10g compared to opiate wisw?
Victim I agree with your post and dhs. While I think what your trying to do isnt stupid telling everyone to stay away from all painkillers might be. Thousands of people DONT abuse pain medication and and your plan to cause the body to produce opiates for a short period leaves people with 24/7 chronic pain out in the cold. Also acussing someone of being a liar is not such an honorable thing to do.