methadone
I have been recovering from an opiate addiction for 3 years.
Six months ago I entered a methadone clinic. The only thing it has done is, stopped the withdrawals and the cravings. Now, I have felt tired and and depressed everyday since, not to mention I have gained at least 13 pounds since. I feel like the opiate addiction gave me energy. I was spending way more on the opiates than the $80 a week on the program. Methadone programs are great in a bind, however I hate the fact that everyone you talk to says the withdrawals are worse than heroin! Holy ****! Anyway, I wanted to try to switch to suboxone.
My question is Can you wean yourself off methadone with percocets or etc. And what does anyone think about it.
I would appreciate feedback, I am also a mom of 2 small kids, and Cripes I was happier on the damn pills! AAGGHH!!!
i guess alot would depend on how much meth you were on,but generally hydros or percs wont do much for meth withdrawal.methodone is one of the most physically dependent med. invented in the 20th century.the reason is because of its long half life.24 to36 hours.it is a synthetic morphine
Im sorry you are going through this. Some days without pills can be difficult but I think its worth it. You might be feeling worse because of the methadone. I would not use percocets to get off methadone thats for sure. There are alot of others here who have more experience with meth than I do but there are alot of people here who have gotten off the methadone its hard but you can do it!