Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
methadone..withdrawls!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

methadone..withdrawls!!!

well I've been on oxy's for a full year..then switched to methadone.."the helpful drug", well now I'm hooked to those!! I've tryed to quit many times..this is my BEST effort. Its been 2 days..with nothing!! I feel better than the oxy-withdrawls, but boy I'm still sick..I need any info on how long I'll be feeling so bad, or any info or help on my problem..Just so you know I took no more than 20mlg a day (dones)...so help .please?????/(I HAVE to do this at home..)
Tags: Addiction
I don't know about methadone.  But I wanted to say well done my friend.  I'm working my way off of hydrocodone, and that's hateful enough.   But my heart goes out to you, and I've added you to my prayers.

Go with God, and stay strong.  Many of us here love and care about you.

Peace

Korg
thanks Korg!! Its a really bad day...I'm having a harder time with this than I thought. I have never prayed so much in my life....today I just sat in the shower and cryed..I want so much in life, most of all my freedom!!! thanks to all who listen.And bless all of you who share this battle.

erotisy..
Hey, how long were you on oxy for, how many mg a day, and how long have you been on the dones for.......  I was on oxy for a long time, then I tried to quit with the dones before, then I started taking the oxy's again, now I have been taking dones for about 6 days and I'm going to be done tomorrow, so I'm curious as to how this happened, fill me in.  Best of luck.  DON'T GIVE IN, just think, if you start back up, your going to be worse then where you began.  Keep it up, its DOABLE

GWH
well I was doing oxy's for about 14months or so..by the end of it I was doing uo to 80-100mg. a day..As for the dones, at first I started with 20mg aday..I've cut that in half then in half again, so I didnt think I would feel so bad...I DO!!! I just keep thinking of my kids and my freedom...How can a person have 2 "people" fighting in there head? I'm always battleing with myself..Do you understand..I'm having the worst right know>..WOULD DO ANYTHING TO MAKE THE HURT GO AWAY!!  I'm sticking it out..I asked God last night to help me find strenght,He brought me to all of you!! thank you!! erotisy!!
Hey guys, keep up the good work, I know it sucks, I know its tough but you can do it and it will be well worth it.  Erotisy I was taking up to 120-160mg a day of oxy, I just finished the dones yestereday and I'm doing well.  Trust me, when you realize how incredible it is when you can just relax with no worries of withdrawal or finding your next pill, it is amazing!!! Plus, the money that is left in your pocket!!!!!! well atleast with me, I was buying off the street.  Anyway, I hope all is well, please kepp it up, my life sucks at points and all I want to do is take a pill but I CAN'T, I WON'T LET MYSELF  and neither should you.  Good luck, write when you can.

GWH
I have been away for a little while. I guess you must have done a little bit of reading before you decided to post here like I did. Some of the wonderful folks that were here I think have gone to a new forum. Some are still around though. Anyway, I want you to know that I hope to the heavens that you stay your course. The more of us that have a success story the more we or you can give hope to the new ones. I had a horrible night myself last night. From one bed to the couch, to the other bed, back to the couch,looking out the window, watching info-mercials and hating life and myself all the more. I have been here before but I have never had the "whatever" to make it stick. I suffer like you, like thousands... It is a horrible thought. I lost another friend too. Dead at 22-too many oxys, I will be cripple for a long time-too many oxys. It happens every day and night. We do not have to be another statistic. We have kids to raise and yes a life to live. We can be the ones to come through on the other side, and then help people who come here looking for "an it is ok, you can make it" and mean it. Maybe? Nothing about it is easy, vitamins and creature comforts help but yes it is hard. IT CAN BE DONE.It has to be possible, I want to live a little bit longer.
ahhhh....i woke up last night with a bad case of "willy's"..I had to take some muscle relaxers..it helped alittle.. I still don't think I'm gonna make it!! its 4 days...and i dont care i just want something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!erotisy
You have made a great decision to quit. I do not want to bring you down and/or contradict GingerLee for it is great that she took her last methadone. I didn't have a good experience withdrawing from methadone. But different folks experience different things; mostly all suffer from lack of sleep so it is best to accept that one and maybe get into astronomy LOL. My boyfriend had ticks in his legs.(By the way, he is dead, drugs.) My arms would feel something I can't put in words, but probably racing neurotransmitter stuff. I went through six months and many go about that long without sufficient sleep. That doesn't mean non-functionality, just that there are still some problems that are best cured by diversions by six months time.
I don't know how old you are, but I am 44. I got off Methadone 25 years ago. Unfortunatley, I broke my back and had 7 operations. So when I wasn't self-medicating with drinking, I hurt and barely could walk.That was a horrible time. Now, my back situation has deteriorated and I am on 180 mg Methadone from the doctors who wouldn't give me a thing when I broke my back. I am glad I have it and I wish I never took it
What is six months even if you do have trouble that long? NOTHING. I didn't have cable at night, hopefully you do. Try to detox and watch Joe Franklin (NY) I think he died. Try to take Vit.C. Any you don't use is voided out. You have to keep your health. If I can do anything for you, like not tell you what I went through,(LOL) let me know. I think you can do it. Don't wait
Metalback
I hate myself...I couldnt do it.. I'm so discusted with myself I can puke..my guilt is so overwhelming, and I understand if you all don't keep in touch. I feel like I've let so many people down..including myself..I DID!! I'm so weak, I just wanted to feel better.. How can my mind twist things around? I thought....  "I cant keep feeling this sick and moody with my kids"...HELLO DUMMY..I cant keep being an adict and a mom..god forgive me..you forgive me..I cant even see this fu*:en screen..gotta go.......
                       sorry for wasting your time and prayers.!
                                        EROTISY
Listen Up! Okay so you stumbled. It's okay. It happens. And it doesn't mean it's a no go.
I'd like to know if you've been afforded the oppurtunity to taper off your med.? Sounds like your trying cold turkey?
There are several varibles that can be used to help you thru this. I don't know if you heard of Thomas' recipe? He has many advocates to it's helpfulness. There is also another forum that you can utilize to help you thru this. I'd post the addy but I'd probaly screw it up. And forewarn you, it'll take a couple of times to get registered for some reason.
I know someone will come along to help you also. From what I've read the fourth day is the toughtest. You should give yourself credit. You made it to then. But not all is lost.
The only one that needs to forgive is yourself. Give yourself that gift. And realize you were actually doing it.
Hang in there. Maybe we can get some more help.  Shotsy
Wanted to send you a wish for a Happy New Year. Hoping all's well with you. Sincerely, Shotsy
Please use the e-mail.
Sounds like some nutritnonal supplements could be helpful for you. I've a feeling a large part of the problem is your neurotransmitters. And Thomas' recipe is a godsend according to most people.
Just please use the e-mail. I think you'll also enjoy the format at the other place too.
SHOSTY..you have no idea how good it felt to see that people still care, even though I lost control and let that demon take it..I should feel great right? I finally got what I've been DIEING for..I'm not feeling good at all. I hate this ****..I hate these pills..I want this sooooo bad, I just have NO will power..no strength.. I've forgotton how it feels to be sober.. I've used these pills for many reasons..mostly for my emotional problems..I feel I can't return to "life" without them. they have been my everything!! I used to be so emotionaly ****** up I would not leave the house for weeks..I've been on every "mood-altering" drug..they dont work..I've fallen into a bad trap. Im lost within myself..have been before this and worse now. thanks for listening..really!! erotisy........
Please, please don't be so hard on yourself!  I know what you are feeling!  I never took any illegal drug and I only take what is perscribed to me by my doc for chronic pain, but, I take all of them too quickly.  I go through withdrawal very often and I of course hate it and hate myself at those times.  I am on the forum often, but, usually I read a lot and don't post a lot.  I have tried getting on the new forum, but, just can't seem to get registered.  I too use the drugs for emotional issues, like being shy, etc. I don't do that now though.  If I did not have the chronic pain, I feel I could stop taking them altogether, because I really feel good when I am sober.  That is until the pain gets really bad, which is all the time especially in the past year, it has gotten worse.  Do you have pain, or just addicted to the drugs???  Being an addict is an illness , just like any other illness, such as cancer, etc.  How easy is it to get rid of cancer???  Erotisy, I know that if you want to beat this you can.  A few people can do it at home by themselves, but, it sounds like you need help. This forum has helped me a lot, but, maybe you should think about rehab.  It is not something you should be ashamed of.  There are many addicts who have gotten addicted to painkillers , some of them are professionals such as doctors, lawyers, and therapists like myself.  You are human, life can be hard and I too when I was feeling emotionally let down or when I wanted to be able to talk in a large crowd, I would take the meds, as they helped me to talk . I think that is why I got addicted 7 years ago when I first started taking them.  Now, I just want to take as needed for pain, but, that is not easy.  I willstay with the people on this forum and try hard to do what is best for me.  Take care, I am here and if you need to post to talk about your situation, just keep posting. Believe me, people here understand.  Some are clean, but, they too take it one day at a time to stay clean.  I am with you all the way!!!  Start liking yourself and stop putting yourself down.  
Love Butterbeans
Thank you butterbeans..and shotsy!! I do beleive that I do need that extra help..rehab..ahhh I cant believe I just said that!! Anyways..the first steps are the worst right? I feel so many things right now... I listen to a song called..."outside", by staind/fred durst..it really is how I feel towards my problem and how I feel towards ALL of you..Please if you can, try to find it and listen ok? As for one day at a time...I have the most hard time with that..Its tommorow Im scared of!!  I wish all of you the same thoughts that Im going to have come 12am tonight.......THIS YEAR I WILL LOVE MYSELF,I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE THINGS I NEED TO..I WILL FIND THE STRENGTH TO QUIT..4 GOOD!!
I pray for all of us..and the people we share our lives with..thank you all again. ohh ya..butterbeans, Im glad you can be totally honest with me..telling me I need rehab is very touchy..Im sure you understand..but thank you!!Happy New Year my friends..((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))erotisy
Eroticy, Please don't feel the guilt you have. It's not real but part of this incidious addiction we all (regretably) share! You have tried and you know what you want and will make it there. I have had a steel will when it came to self disapline (athletics) before surcumbing maney times to the power of addiction; to these f****** pills. I have depression and Bipoler and emotional probs just like you. I found these pills and thought I had found a cure for everthing. Like you, none of the phyc drugs did **** for me. Now I've got this addiction too! Someone on this forum wrote: " I found an escape and now I can't escape the escape". That is so true. Also a GOOD Rehab is a way to let you down easy. They know what their doing. It is nothing to be ashamed of.Please post if you have a ?. Ill try to help as, will so maney great people on this forum. Collectivly we have been through it all. God bless you and stay around! Shane
thank you...your so right about the escape thing.. Its like I feel I deserve these pills..cuz they make all the other bullshit in my life better..man!! dont these pills screw up thinking.. Thats what I mean about feeling I have two personality..ya know? Its so easy to find the excuse to go back... I've read all the letters.. and have heard many times not to be so hard on myself.. I truley cant help it..and to tell you the truth..if I dont start getting my ass straight..and forgive myself......well its really eating me up. I need help...Im scared of everyone finding out, family, friends..I mean it wont just be admitting myself..its admitting to everyone else.. Im a coward..Im so frigin worryed about what everyone will think..BUT MOST OF ALL.. loosing my kids, I mean I look (maybe I am) like an unfit mother. ohh god...I gotta go.........erotisy
Everyone here and every addict in the world has felt the way you do.  What you need to do is take a deep breathe relax, realize what your situation is and know what steps you need to take.  You have to take it one step at a time.  You already know you have a problem.....now you know you want to fix this problem, you also know that if you don't, things will only get worse.  The next step is moving in direction of getting help.  Once you figure out how you want to go about it, thins will be much easier.  You don't have to tell everyone, pick someone who will help you through this, let them know what has been going on and tell them you need to get help.  Don't feel like everyone needs to know, because they don't! just tell one or two close friends, people you can trust and have them help you through these tough times.  Always remember that this forum is filled with people you can trust.  Two weeks ago I felt suicidal, I felt like I was in an awful downward spiral, that is when I confided in everyone here and 1 or 2 people in my life.  I went through withdrawal both physically and mentally, I still am going through it but I am 2 weeks clean with the exception of one set back.  The one thing I learned here is that recovering isn't one single happening, its a long process, it has its ups and downs like everything else.  So don't ever question yourself as a mother, your doing great, if you weren't then you wouldn't care about how this might effect your kids.  Trust me, we are all here for you and believe it or not, although it may not feel like it, you have already started in the right direction and you will MAKE IT!!! stay strong and remember to relax, ok? If you need help let me know, just post a thread and I will respond.

GWH
Im feeling like there is a spark of hope for me tonight..maybe because its new years eve, maybe all of you..I dont know. But its like a peaceful feeling..telling me its gonna be ok..not easy..but ok!! I could have a chance to go to a methadone clinic..everyday..I DONT WANT IT..isnt that weird? God, I could get it everyday.no worrys about where,how,when I can get it..Just go to town and sign a paper.. It must be a good sign that Im really gonna make it. On the bad side, the only re-hab around me is known for its harshness. I have a couple of "friends" that went there for help, and either left in the middle of there stay, or went to the clinic for dones... Im soooo scared. Not of the pain, or emotional bullshit, im scared of being sober.. Im scared its gonna make everything clear..I wish I could fill you all in on my history..(we all have one) but its very ugly and very BAD!! Im scared to have everything there for me to deal with.. I know Im NOT alone.. I'll be back on later..erotisy....
I guess it is the nature of the addict to see only the pain inside ourselves and think it is the worst. I am ashamed of myself for feeling so sorry for myself after I read your post I cried and cried. You have seen much more physcal pain than I have and I am sorry.I come here to try and feel better and then I always end up feeling kind of hopeless...there is so much pain in the world. I am 37 and I am sorry.
I tried so hard allday to be able to post, but, my computer wouldn't let me.  Erotisy, believe me all the emotional stuff comes out, and I cried so hard reading your pain, feeling your pain, and wishing I could do something to stop your pain!  The past, on the sweet ole past, what has happened to us!!!!  If I had to tell it all, you wouldn't believe it.  But, let it go!!  It wasn't you!  It was someone else, it was the pain of the past!  Right now, think only of getting these pills, who are also causing you pain, away from you, far, far , away!  I know what yu mean about feeling you deserve the pills to deal with pain, but, sometimes they make it worse, especially when you finally get sober. So much has happened to me since yesterday, and now I am totally alone. I am detoxing, have bad cold, and started working out at gym.  To top that off, my long distance romance is over, because I lied to him and said I may go on a date with my ex husband of 21years.  He told me to go date, so I knew he wanted to let go, so I gave him the thing that would help him to let go.  Now he won't even email me, and I truly loved him, but, hey they say if you love someone, let them go!!!!  We just couldn't be together because of differences, distance, and I could not leave here now!  So if I wasn't alone before now I am.  But, I am going to be strong, as I always have pushed myself todo.  Erotisy, if you want to email me to share your pain, you can!  But, don't let the past be a reason to keep using the pills.  How do you feel when sober?  Think about that question for a start!  We all love you here, and know part of what you are going through.  Telby, thank you for your kind words. It is you who is kind and sweet.  Gingerlee, I don't post often, but, I do think about you, and I post to include you , even if I didn't use your name.  There is so much pain in life, and so much comes out on this forum. I wish I could help you all. That would be my ultimate goal,and would probably help me help myself!
Love Butterbeans
Email me at  ***@****.  I know these things are hard, and Ihope i can help in some way.  I wish I could get on the new forum where my frieds, Withywoman  and skippper had gone,but, I  have tried so many times and  it hasn't worked yet.  I love you all.  Peace be with you!
Love Butterbeams
You are a very special soul,I truley believe that.. Its like I felt you with me tonight when I read your last comment. Thank you very much.. It always seems when life gets to be unbearable God..shows us a tiny spark of hope...its just sometimes we are so blind in our selfishness, or lies we cant see thru to the spark..ya know??? I asked god one night..(the worst w/d ever) sitting in the bottom of my shower crying..praying for help, praying for strength..the very next morning I dragged myself out of bed and honestly I have no clue how I found this website..all of a sudden..my prayers were answered. I seen that spark of hope and I want it more than anything in the world. I pray for you tonight..to keep holding that spark in that big heart of yours.. I'm hear for you also..e-mail me...
As for the bad stuff..........I don't know what i'm gonna do.I guess I need help with that...BIG TIME...to much truth for me to see inside myself is very dangerous..I can't decribe it.. I'll be on for awhile, I'll check in later..love!!erotisy((((hug))))
ahhh haaa.... thats why it didnt work..lol
I wrote you and it kept gettin sent back to me... I'll try again
erotisy
HI ..thanks for your addy..you'll hear from me!! About the other forum..I've talked to skipper and WW.. there great people.. It took me forever to get on there and register.. I finally got it..Keep trying ok..If you have trouble again write cindy at...***@**** is the one that helped me finally get in there..You probably already know her huh?? lol!
Well hun, I'll be written you a letter soon.. it will probably be a book.. thanks alot for everything.. keep close and remember IM HERE!!!!!!!!!!love erotisy  (((((hugs))))))
Erotisy I forgot to add the letters to my email address.  It is catloyo24.  Sorry.  I am praying for all of you!  
Lover Butterbeans
Bless your heart, I have been where you are and although it's hard you can get out of this.  I think what the Dr. gave you sounds like a good plan, the morphine patch is of course an opiate but may be given for you to lower your tolerance and have consistent relief insted of being sick every four hours or so, you'll be able to rest.  The diazapan (spelled wrong) is a benzo like valium and is helpful for the willies and anxiety, the others I don't know enough to tell you.  Please stay with you goal to detox and work with the clinic, it sounds like they have options to methadone which is good for you.  I would suggest taking a good multivitamin and a couple thousand mg's of Vitamin C - take them together and be sure the multivitamin has magnesium, zinc, and a full Bcomplex. You sound very bright and strong and you must not give up or allow yourself to get discouraged.  The medication may help big time and be sure to go back to them for help in tapering off of the morphine patch. I once used Darvocet N100 to detox from heroin, it's hard on the kidneys so if you use it take no more then two at a time as far apart as you can and get off of it after no more then 10 days.  Keep posting so we'll know how your doing sweetie, love, Telby
I am trying to quit heroin, this will be the 3rd time i have tried, and the longest i have made it clean is about 5 days. i don't want to go on meth, 3 of my friend did (we all got hooked together) and they are still doing heroin and now have become addicted to the meth. since i didn't have much luck quitting cold turkey, i finally broke down and went to the clinic that my friends go to, and asked the doctor for some help, other than meth.  He prescribed: morphine patches (duragesic), chlorpromazine,trazodone and diazaepam.  Has anyone had any experince with these drugs? I will start to take them tomorrow, i am hoping to be able to make it through the worst of the withdrawls by monday because i have a full time job and i can't miss days. If anyone knows anything about these drugs, or has any helpfull tips on quitting, i'd appreciate any feedback.
I went quit this weekend, it wasn't as bad as last time because i had the sleeping pills, muscle relaxant, etc.. I didn't use the morphine patch, i managed with out it so far! I may use it tomorrow since i have to work.  But, it's hard, i keep thinking about picking up, but i just keep thinking of how i suffered the past 2 days, and i don't want to go through it again!  
To the person asking about meth withdrawls:
I have been told that the withdrawls off methadone are worse! my friend did it, and he said it was bad, but he also just locked himself in his bedroom and sweated it out, he didn't go to a dexot center. So, if you want to quit meth, i would do what i did, go get some medicines and lock yourself up at home.
Is is possible to go "cold turkey" at home to get off of methdaone?  What are the symptoms?  Should withdrawel be done in a hospital?
I am new to this and have some questions.  Is it possible to quit Methadone "cold turkey" at home.  What are the withdrawel symptoms and how long do they last?  Thanks....
need some help in locating the right residential treatment for my son. He also has had a traumatic brain injury when he was 11 missing right frontal lobe.  Alcohol was doing better and then got mixed up with some bad people and methamphetimines.  Has social problems making friends--low self esteem.  Dont know wether just alcohol and drug treatment ot some nuero/treatment.  Anybody have an idea.  Hes a great kid who has alot of underlying things going on.

I am a ex-addict...Heroin & methadone...Methadone is worse...Detox programs can work from my experience...low doses and slow detox over 30 or 60 days.  I did it many times...you will still feel like **** for about a month...no energy etc...I kicked cold turkey in jain from 80 mils to zero...I was useless for a month...didn't sleep a wink for 2 weeks and threw up everything for 2 weeks...after two weeks I started getting better...slow going though...If your not a junkie the detox can work...I found that each time I got into the detox I just went to using heroin....If your detoxing from scrips...you might be able to do it with methadone...
Hi im a 24 yr old male and ive been on and off oxy and methadones for about 4yrs now i know its good to taper off gradually but i need to know what is the best vitamins and proteins to take ive been up and down mg's for a while my Dad passed away about a yr ago this month i was down to one pill a day right before he died i need to get off thiss **** its killing me thanx
Hey, Ive been addicted to pain killers for 5 yrs on and off. Ive recently been taking methadone for the last 2 months, but havent took more than 4 mg a day. do you think I will withdrawl (withdrawal)? and for how long. before this episode I was clean for 2 yrs.
i meant 40 mg not 4mg, sorry
Hey there. Welcome. We all really want to hear your comments. So start a new post (Post a Question). This post is from 12-29-2001 and those people are probably not here now.
If you check back here, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.
You will have w/d's.  The intensity, however, I am not sure of.

It would be best to taper to a much lower amount before giving it up.

I was addicted to methadone a year ago.  I went to inpatient rehab and was given medication, subutex and ativan, for the first ten days.

I didn't get through the physical w/d's, ie. insomnia, the runs, aching body, until about two weeks after I stopped the other meds.  So that makes 3 and 1/2 weeks.

Methadone is an icky f#@*ing drug.  Talk to your doc, if possible and work out a taper plan and stick to it if you are serious about quitting.

Best of luck.
i am 24 yrs old i started using oxycottin just for spring brak snorting a line here and there with friends.when spring break was over i went hm the next morning i woke up with the flu so i thought as the day went by my sister came over here boyfreiend was into heroin and said dude you don't have the flu you are kickin like a mule i really didn't put much thought into what i did next because like all of us i just wanted to stop throwing up shaking and most of all get my body in check so i did my first shot i fighured i have experimented with many drugs and I CAN HANDLE IT!wrong i was 18 yrs old now at 24 yrs old i havebeeen clean for a year and a half from heroin and i is my thrid time on methadone anytime going to the clinic was an inconvience i used so methadone didn't workuntil i wanted it to. nowi am on 65mgs tapering down from 95mgs and once again even with take homes the clinic pissed me off i hate the control it has it effects everyday. everything bi4rthdays,christmas,thanksgiving don't over sleep don't wait till the lasyt minute to go in the morning if you get a flat tiere or in an accident you won't get your methadone-most people will be okay till the clininc opens the next day some won't so friday morning my last day of Methadone why i just decided subutex and suboxoine r supossed to be great and that was my plan but with no insurance it is expensive finally tuesday morning i called 20 different doctors on oahu island and because suboxine is out patient treatment all you get is an answering machine 1 doctor said $300 to come in and see in in the midst of my worst withdrwals but he had no suboxine had to order it won't be in till wed and then $450-600 dependine on the pharmacy you go to and then $100 each doctor visit which is at least 3 for your first week DAMN! SO HERE I AM 5DAYS AGO I TOOK WHAT I HOPE WILL VBE MY LAST DOSE EVERY 4 HOURS I GET THE WORST SPAZEMS IN MY body i can hardly take it but if i can make it threw them one at a time maybe i can get one with my life.it's amazing when your not to religious how much you pray
Hey, post this in a new post so we can all help you. This is an old post.
hi my name is rick i'm 8 days offf the done and i feel like i'm going to be ok now. i was on the pills for years then to the h. and finally got to the clinic where i thought i would get help.and i did until i told them i wanted to come down.they could only tell me i wasn't ready . don't do it. but i did. i was at 60mg i come down to 15mg and cold turkey from there first 3 days was nothing i was so happy thinking i did it. then day 4 hell set in day 5 and 6 same hell makes you want to run out and get a bag. but i didn't and now on day 8 it 4am and sleep don't come easy but i just got 5 hours thank god i'm feeling like i'm going to be ok. the only thing i have used is prayer .i do not hurt bad now.methadone withdrawls are like anyother just last longer. i went and got a room for a week. and stayed there by myself. i'm home now and ready for the mental stress that will soon follow. im ready. i keep god close i don't know if this will help anyone but it helped me to read what you all wrote when i was real sick thanks to all that post
Ive been on oc's now for about 2 years,at the highest consumption 80-100 mg Oc snorted or swallowed a day.Well i finnally realized i was in trouble,doing it everyday,just to keep from getting sick.Then going crazy when i would run out or low.

So i entered into the local methadone clinic.started at 15 mg methadone@ 13 bucks everyday 80 bucks a week.Went up to 40 mgs methadone.

I got comfortable going there for a year ,as i wasnt ready to quit,then 1 day i was so sick of spending the money as my mortgage paymet goes upaid every other month.And so sick of having to driver over their.

I decided to quit.Went to the couselor ,had her put me on requested withdrawl (withdrawal) schedule.Each week i requested 5 mg drop in methadone.It wasn't too bad ,but the medication drop day ,your gonna feel some discomfort.

Going from 10mg methadone to 5 was nasty as was the drop from 20 to 15 mgs,but i was at 40!,but after 2 days of sore muscles ,stomach,my body adjusted to where it was tolerable.

So that brings us to today,i ran out of money for methadone,but was planning on quitting on sun.So today no methadone,im sore ,and feel like **** but its tolerable.

HOW IS IT TOLERABLE U MAY ASK?

Quit the drug at the lowest possible amount,remember if you take more to get high.Thats not the point.The idea is to suffer "SOME" of the discomfort ,and get off the **** ,but not at maximum levels.

Here's a regualar day getting off tha ****,for the past month.

To help alot with withdrawls and specially your receptors i take everyday:

L-Tyrosine and Vitamin B-6 together = "Dopamine"
,your replacing what the drug was providing

A Multi-vitamin ,a bottle of Zinc and magnesium.a bottle of 5-htp which helps create serotonin

Benadryl for sleep ,but it doesn't always work..

Wake up go take your reduced dose of methadone,Go to work ,keep your mind and self busy.Then leave around 3-5 pm when you start to feel the withdrawl (withdrawal) .Stop by the store.

Everynite feelin like **** i take :

2 Pounder beers ....5.9 alcohol
high grade cronic (chronic) - specially indicas-but if not-whatever is available even shwag..

I sit here and suffer through it ,the smoke ,vitamins and beer help alot,but when it gets too much .I take the tinyest sliver ,maby 1-2 mgs of Oc 20.The idea for me is to get really high on cronic (chronic) and beer,then only take a taste if its unavoidable,A few times i have,but my legs are tingling ,i feel like ****,so i know im withdrawling,just easier.

Unless u want to go through unimaginable torture,don't quit any higher than 10mgs.
The main thing is ,you have to really "Genuinely"want to quit ,cause its gonna be painfull.But eventually youll get tired of the cycle and seek help.

Main thing to help you,to quit,cut off your supply/friends/influences .Isolate yourself ,then tell yourself u can do it.Also try not to raise your dose at the clinic,as it will only be harder when u quit

Warm Vibes to all,Bogs Sour Bubble has my back tonight,,
I have been reading the BB and see there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am A disabled vet and have run the gammet of pain meds all provided by the VA. I began long term pain theropy in 1970 and have been on everything out there up to fentanyl and now methadone for pain started in 1992 till present now at a dose of 250 mg daily.  I am tired of the VA errors and not getting them 5 days late up too 3 times A year. I made the decision the stop. Now on day 6 and am pretty sure i have never been this miserable. I thought the bullet was bad enough then in 1991 a brain tumer that cannot be removed so the head aches are terrible, on the good side it is benine and not growing, i am also an insulin dependant diabetic. As I said I have never been this ucomfortable, not only the withdrawal but also the pain that was masked and made tollorable by the methtadone are back in full strength. I am going to stop and am praying God will give me strength to know what I cannot change the power to change what I can and the wisdom to know the differance. I stopped alcohol in 1989 and smoking in 2003 they don"t even compare. So here I go.
I have been taking 300mg of oxy a day for about a year I decided to stop and waited for WD to start then I started taking methadone about 4 days ago I started at 60 mls a day and I'm at 20 mls 4 days into it. I plan on tapering 5 ml a week till I'm at 5 ml then I will come down  by 2 mls a week till im at 0. Does anyone have any input on this and what I should expect? I have not had any WD yet other than a little depression. I did quit CT from oxy about a year ago. I do not recommend that to anyone. But being an idiot I started again after 2 months of being clean.  I have 2 small children and a wife with a job that I cannot miss any of. Any suggestions? I have started taking my b viyltamins and amino and multi vits with lots of fruit tryn to prepare my body for the upcoming battle that I am going to win! No doubt just wanna make as painless as possible.