mixing klonopin and methadone
I'm wondering what the effects would be (if harmful) if one is taking Methadone and Klonopin at the same time?  Please answer soon.  Thank you for  your time.
I hear ya, I have been on Methadone for 3 years and I now coming off it slowly, it is a real pain and I hope to god I can come off it. I really want to, thats for sure. Mixing the two is absolutely dangerous. Always tell your doctor the truth, unless you prefer spending your days in a casket.
What doctor do you go to? Im in tulsa oklahoma got stabbed 5 times and tired of being the doctors ginny pig. And with soonercare they give u 6 scripts per month so i run out quick along with my carpal tunnel. Im 30 and disabled. I heard it worked pretty good for chronic pain but hard to find a doctor. I dont like tabs or morphine or percs or injections. Like to try it.
Stay away from methadone with a 10 foot poll for pain management it has a evil withdrawal like no other I was on it for 6 1/2 yrs for pain management kept bombing up my dose from 30 mg all the way to 150mg then it quit working all together leving me with a huge addiction to break....you cant just go off it it has to be tapered it took me 8 1/2 mo to taper off and I did it fast
methadone should be left for the most chronic pill habits (25) or more or heroin addiction other then that it serves no useful propose........Gnarly      
I started reading this thread -- so happy I had found something about mixing Klonopin and Methadone. A few posts in, I was sobbing. This sounds so hopeless.
FIRST I want to say: DON'T TRUST YOUR DOCTOR (the one who's prescribing these nasty drugs. They do not know what they're doing, unfortunately. You start off, so glad to have something to stop a pain, and then you descend into hell.

15 years ago, I remember saying: "I don't take pills." Stupid and arrogant of me.
I have had "Restless Legs Syndrome" for a long time. The first drug I was offered as Klonopine -- people thought it was the best answer to help you sleep. Of course that wears off.
A few years back, after being a guinea pig for any drug a doctor thought might help, a doctor said to me: You're at the end of the line on these drugs. You should take Methadone (and by the way, keep taking the Klonopine).
Now I take 20 mg of Methadone. I'm trying to get off the Klonopine first. I've taken.05 of it for probably 12  years. I went down to 1/2 a pill, now I'm down to 1/4 a pill. I will try to get off now. then I'll try to slowly get off Methadone.

Those docs?  The one who prescribed Methadone never told me about how it depresses breathing. I'm already on a CPAP because I don't breathe enough. why in the hell didn't he ask me, or check my record.

God, I'm so scared. I'm so glad I found this and invite any comments.
(Oh, I also take a puff of pot every now and then -- when the restless legs gets too bad or I'm in pain from arthritis -- I've been telling my friends (I'm 68) how wonderful pot is if you're in pain. I got mad at my doctor for telling me not to use it. I'm in Colorado and get it "legally."
I'm going to agree with this post.. having buried too many in our family also due to this mixture.. the last two within months of each other and both only 19... the youngest being 14... I would never think about this mix :(
come down slowly from the klodopen ( i didnt spell it right) because if u just stop cold turkey! u will most likely have a seizure..I was abusing xanax about 7 years ago..and i was like f' it ! im done with these..and didnt know that If I just stopped like that it was dangerous..when I woke up my then bf was like crying and said..u really scared me..u just started shaking like a serizure..and I was asleep and didnt remeber any of it! so, please be careful and talk to your doctor that gives u the pills or the methadone.
i lost 2 friends mixing xanax and methadone
suboxone is definatly a better way to go for wds rather than methadone,i have been told this by many ,though i also herd you can also get high if performed the rite way but if taken properly it is much safer ,,but the downside for me was my insurance wouldnt pay for suboxone
in my opinion 135 is way to much unless yer a hardcore user of say heroin etc i used everything and have a great doctor and it was a long tapering system to  get me to where i felt comfortable on 100ml,,i have been on for a couple years and have had it with methadone,,this is my second day not taking methadone and still have 3 bottles in the fridge ,,i know ill cave eventualy so i ask others on here that have said they kicked fairly easy please tell me how ,,am i rite to just quit totaly ???i felt terible yesterday and slept 2 days to help skip a dose and i guess this is day 3 ,morning ,,and as for useing any thing like clones or xanax any benzo can plain old kill ya one day or another from resperatory depression even though i myself took ten clones last night ,,and ussualy 6 on average even though i know i can die from it,,i agree most doctors and shriks dont know squat about methadone and benzos ,it sais rite in the guid do not take any benzos or you risk dieing from resperatory depression,,
i finaly caved and drank a bottle of methadone after 3 days ,,after reading how the side effects go,,i thought i could do it cold turkey because i havent been that bad after 3 days but after reading some **** on here i changed my mind and just took my dose instead of waiting for bad wds which is what i read,,,that it can hit you a week later and make you sick as a dog ,,i dont need that ill be debateing on slow ly cutting my dose down over a year since it took that long to get to 100 ml,,i guess im also a lucky one living in canada and after that year i can take home my weeks doses every thurday,,instead of going everday,,i dont think i could have kept going everyday after that year was up,,,
Hey I know this isn't helpful for the conversation- but I was also prescribed the two drugs together and have heard about the interactions between benzodiazipans and opiates. The combination can be deadly but always keep in mind that there more then just one out there that can cause such a drastic sometimes fatal mixture and reaction. I have been attending a methadone clinic for about 3 years now and I've come across several people who lost family or friends due to the use or combinations of drugs with their methadone doses. Its a very shady business they have going on some of these clinics, and sometimes I feel like they are no different from the slingers and pushers we have in the streets. Have of these places only except cash and it seems to be getting a little more regulated but in the wrong direction. Its much too much to explain. I reccommend only taking advice from a certified medical doctor; not that lorigurls info wasnt accurate or helpful. It was extremely accurate and helpful. I just mean in a general sense, cause you don't know where that person heard it and how much they have dramatized or even fabricated their own twists and theories. But most importantly guys is just to be honest with yourselves cause this medication is severly addicting and grab on to you and never let you go if you don't fight to do whats right for your mind and body. Its so hard and you will suffer that is part of the process for you to get back on track. I was born with a serious neurological birth effect and Ive under gone multiple surgeries. So I know how hard it is to let go and start on the path of recovery. I have done pretty well though, I went from 115mg of methadone to 20mgs of methadone in a matter of four months. To me it was a huge accomplishment. So don't give up and let this drug get the better of you and control your lives. Cause that is exactly what it does. There so many different alternatives and treatments other then addicting narcotics that the cheap health care in the country shoves down our throats rather then ficing the problem that is causing all the pain. You have to be prepared to fight the urge of excepting the pills and demand that you get treatment that is going to work permantely or atleast long-term. Pills and drugs just mask the problem and while we are all numb. The problem is only getting worse and the pills are only getting stronger and more abundant. Good luck everyone, and Im very sorry for your losses lorigurl. That is very unfortunate and such a shame that a person with so much to give and experience had to be taken away from her ambitions and dreams cause of tiny little pill. Its very sad and I am truly sorry that your community and friends are struggling with what I belive to be an epidemic. Stay strong and you should try to reach out more cause your feed back and information is very helpful to others who are looking for some answers. Great suggestions and advice. Take care!
I have been on methadone for 6 years at 125mg, and I am on 2mg Clonazepam three times a day, and have Ativan 2mg PRN, and I have never had ANY adverse effects.  I know I cannot speak for every one, but mabee one would have respiratory collapse if they just munched down twice the benzo's they're RX'd, but I think its important that methadone and benzo's should NOT be started at the same time.  I was on benzo's 3 full years before I started methadone, so mabee it comes down to having one or the other in your system a while before the other is started..Talk to your Doctor about this, only problem there is every Doctor would give you a different answer.  I tapered down to 35mg meth on a fast taper, put myself into withjdrawal for 5 days(really only need 72 hours), and was started on suboxone, and the Canadian government will cover the cost of Suboxone on a Section 8, mine being they think its much safer being on benzo's and all my other meds that are with me for life, qualified me for covered suboxone.  I  never, though, had any problems with methadone and a fairly high dose of clonazepam+lorazepam..Only go foreward with benzo's on methadone after talking to your doctor.  If you're already on benzo's and are starting methadone, I in all experience and honesty don't think you'll have a problem UNLESS you're on Meth and eating benzo's like candy--
you know your body best, but talk to your doc, if he was to prescribe you benzo's, i'm sure he'd start very low and gradually bump you up based on what sort of reaction you have, if any..take care, and think positively,
don't try to use benzo's on meth just to feel higher, take whatever benzo however the docs given it to you.  I know that in OATC clinics in Ontario that they lose a few peop[le every month due to meth+high dose benzo abuse..key word abuse..take care and hope all works out well with you,
HI  every time you take a benzo with methadone its rooling the dice respiratory failure can occur at any time even well into the use of both a lot of methadone clinincs wont take you if your on benzos in the states for that reason you have been lucky up till now but this combo is deadly iven after prolonged use dont fool your self into thinking its safe it not.......Gnarly  
I've taken both methadone along with benzodiazepines for years and never had a problem. That's because I don't gobble a handful of benzos along with the methadone. I take the same amount of both every day.  
  They can be taken together if done responsibly.
I HAVE BEEN ON METHADONE FOR 13 YRS (1) TIME--SOBER FOR 2 YRS THEN RE-LAPSED AND WENT BACK ON METHADONE AGAIN--IT SAVED MY LIFE-I WENT BACK TO WORK@140MG.-I HAVE BEEN ON IT AGAI FOR 12 1/2 YRS AGAIN. I AM NOW 54 YRS OLD -WENT THROUGH INTERFERON TREATMENT-PLUS HAD OPEN HEART SURGERY--MY ADVICE IS GO TO RECOVERY(12 STEP) AND DON'T WAIT TILL YOUR 54 YRS OLD LIKE ME. I AM NOW AT 20 MG AFTER 1 YR. OF TAPERING FROM 140MG. I AM IN PAIN ALMOST EVERY DAY,BUT NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP. I DON" RECCOMEND SUBOXONE,BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT 5 AGONIZING DAYS OF WITHDRAWAL--YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST GO ALL THE WAY!!!!   I AM IN 12 STEP RECOVERY AND PRACTICE HUMILITY,BUT I AM AND WAS ONE HARDCORE--I AM PRAYING FOR THE DAY OF NO MORE METHADONE--JUST LIFE ON LIFE'S TERMS---WHERE MERCY IS SHOWN MERCY IS GIVEN ---WE PRAY FOR EACH OTHER -"GOOD LUCK JUNKIES" --------------THANKS--HARDCORE-M.G.
I have been on methadone for 8 years now. I am 28 years old and have tried to taper several times but I always go back up. I am at 50mg right now. Do you have any advice on keeping the mental thoughts at bay!
I've been taking 8 milligrams of klonopin1every6hrs and 180 milligrams of methadone 60mg 3x daily and I feel fine
i am taking 160 mg of methadone once a day at 5am everyday, and now was just scribed klonpin 1mg to take 1 at bedtime to sleep. Is this safe since its so far apart?
taking any benzo med with methadone is a crap/shoot you never know if or when you will go into respiratory   failure if I where you I  wouldent take it it just not worth the chance night after night
good luck and God bless.........Gnarly
I'm 29 years old & been on methadone (legally & in a medical facility to receive my daily dose) for 3 years. It saved my life! I'm able to function & do not crave opiates at all!! it is not an alternate to pain pills either! If used for treatment & correctly, it is a great way to get clean and once you are at a stable milligram, you get no"high" & feel like a normal person. It's honestly a life saver! I was detoxing (coming down a milligram a week) then got pregnant....totally not my plan but God's...methadone
Hi I've been on methadone for 10 years or more, I'm 51. I was taking 60mg 3 times a day, doc started tapering me off at -1 - 10mg a week I'm starting my 4th week , lots of pain , sweat attacks, headachs feel dizy dont wany to do anything. I've been in pain sence I was 19. I would just as soon stay on the methadone till I die. At leat I could do things and get a few hours releaf at a time.Don;t know what I'm getting at. Life just ***** today and this new nurse doctor whatever she is ***** too.
A lot of people take benzos with Methadone to increase the euphoric high of the Methadone. I've done it many times myself.

My best friend died from doing it 3 years ago. It suppresses the breathing reaction and he must have nodded off and just stopped breathing. The guy who was staying with him left to get cigarettes and when he got back 15 minutes later my friend was still sitting at the kitchen table where he left him, only dead.

My Suboxone contract contained a clause where I agreed not to mix it with benzos because of all the reported deaths from people doing so.
I have mixed benzos with about 150mg of methadone. My wife had to give me CPR all night, while I twitched and gasped for air. My old dealer was rushed to the hospital about two months ago for meth/Klonipin combo. He took them to go to sleep, as prescribed, and his wife saved his life. Be careful, please. The Thomas Recipe at bottom right of this page helps with some withdrawals and speeds up brain chemistry healing. Before you do something out of desperation, search for other options. This is not a suggestion, but a testimony, I ended up using subutex for the worst of my methadone detox, because I kept doing stupid things.
i agree, i am on metadone and kolonipin, but my doses are really low compared to a lot of other people i know that take the two, i take 65mgs of methadone and 1.0 mg of kolonipin a day, some people i know are on 120 mg of methadone and they take like 10.0 mgs of kolonipin, thats way more then me, i think they are crazy,
You are right, combing benzos along with methadone is very dangerous! Know couple of people who OD'd or had life threatening seizures with foaming at the mouth, bloop pressure shot up to 255/175. He was taking 170mg methadone a day and tried to detox himself with ativan and librium and the end results were not good! He is now in the hospital on seizure meds, until who knows when...
Absolutely Correct......Ive been a methadone patient for 2 1/2 years and the biggest thing that they stress is NOT to mix any benzo's with methadone and that death is always a great possibility.  I do know this is an OLD post but we all have questions and concerns.  
By the way I left the Methadone clinic 17 days ago and the w/d are UNGODLY and I was only on 43 mgs.  Im not sure how in the hell Im ever going to get thru this insomnia, cramping, lathargic, sweats, etc..... idk if I can do it anymore......Im tryin to wait it out but at times do pray for death.  In another few days detox might have to happen.  For now, Im tryin to tough it out-------GOD, IT IS A B**** tho!
I been on that combo of pills for6 years plus 1mg of xanax i take 120mg methadone its SAFE butt people have different body chemistry like morrr or less than the enzymes in the liver responsible for breaking down drugs always taper if you notice your supply dwindling just test it out by combining 1mg kpin with 70mg of your take home(s) and then see how itvgoes be safecthe people who die are the stupid ones (no offence)  who dont research what goes into their body.
i am 22 years old i take 170mg of methadone daily i also take 3-4 mg of klonopin daily. everything i take is thru a doc and the clinic but your saying i could go to sleep and just not wake up
JenxD, this is my first ever online post.  It was that important to me, to tell you the facts, as I have experienced them.  I have 4 discs out... in real pain.  Had been on the Norco ( 10mg 6 per day) and when that didn't work after 11 years, methadone seemed like a reasonable alternative to oxy or morph.  My ortho put me on it, 10 mg 4 per day.  It really knocked out the pain.  I moved, and the docs here send out to pain mgmt. When  I didn't have $250, for a visit, I was told so sorry....  no wean down script.... nothing. I have been on it for 7 years.  My primary is tapering me down, now...  as we speak.  I have done it before and if I had known the danger of the effects of the withdrawal, I would have asked for something else when I had the chance.  50 lbs heavier, embarrassed at looking strung out a lot o the time, unable to take any kind of cough med when sick, and struggling with near constant kidney infections due to dehydrative effects, I am facing (with the withdrawals) the worst bone crushing pain, GI symptoms that rival food poisoning, anxiety attacks and possible seizures.  Please....  choose another med for your pain.  It looks a whole lot different from the end of this road than from the beginning.  I wish you the best!
I know that is definitely a truth. To be more addicted to methadone than heroin; but I have only done heroin for 2 weeks with minor withdrawals, and have gone cold turkey off done 8x, and every time it was as bad as dying. Last time I went off of 140 mg. a private Dr. took over and is giving me 70 mg. a day monthly. After 8x detoxing from methadone, I'm not sure my body can handle it anymore. I am 54 years old. But, yes, Methadone is more addicting than heroin. And 10x worse to get off of. If you have no problem with taking it the rest of your life, then it is as good for opiate addiction as insulin is for a diabetic. To all the addicts that still suffer; remember Jesus loves you and will accept you even if you are on methadone. Vaughn22
So it has been 32 hour coming off cold turkey of duragesic patch. Let me tell you it been a rollercoaster ride the last 8 hours. Burning pain pins and my skin burning then freezing. Headache from hell and laying in bed all day no appetite and no water intake, It *****.
Hey bugsey
This is a very old thread. Stick to the thread you started. You got some responses on there. It is very important to stay hydrated. Many of the w/d symptoms are intensified if you are dehydrated. Force yourself to drink,
Water, Gatorade, juices.
Hang in there you are doing awesome.
Move around as much as possible that also helps.
Thanks It been hell since then now I know why people stay on Medication or whatever because its been like I've died and my body is just doing function without me. I have been up since 4:00 am on the 16th of August and the insomnia has kicked in and the extra saliva in my throat and mouth seem like its a slow death the freezing bone chilling then profusely sweeting is un real. I'm crying and when I close my eyes I'm hallucinating very bad things that happen in my past. I have try to hydrate but ice pops are my friend right now. Thank You for responding and giving me hope. My husband is not a big supporter.    
45 and worked for the USPS I had a fall and hit the corner of a step up to a side walk. I lacerated my kidney and liver broke my back at T1 T2 L4 L5 my neck is bulging and tore the muscle labrel in my left arm and had an impigment in that arm also. This happen in 2008 of June My arm hung out of socket for 2 years because of our lovely system the Government US LABOR I was put on several medication 40 in all of opiate's and inset drugs and muscle relaxers and lets not forget the psychotic drugs 10 in all. I'm making this story as short as possible. My Ortho Doctor and Shoulder Doc sent me to Pain management.      
I'm cold turkey coming off duregesic 25 mcg patches and it day 3 but really day 2
SERIOUSLY?! Just because your doctor prescribes them DOES NOT mean they are not dangerous. Methadone and Benzos should not be taken at the same time, if EVER possible. I understand taking a small dose of benzos on occasion, but that result in overdose very easily. Be careful, just because your doctor prescribes them together does not mean they are safe together.
Both benzos and methadone are central nervous system depressants, they cause your heart rate to slow and breathing to slow. When taken together, it can easily result in overdose and death. When you take two CNS depressants together that is bad- i.e. Alcohol and benzos, alcohol and methadone, methadone and benzos, etc.
My son is currently in the methadone program.  He also is being treated for hepatitis c.  Interferon is the medication for treating the hepatitis.  Unfortunately, lots of anxiety come withthe iinterferon.  Hence, the.doctor has prescribed klonopin.  Well, here is the problem.  My son suffers from quite severe adhd.  He took meds for that briefly when in s hool.  You see, when he takes any benzo, it speeds him up like he were on co ain, or methamphetamins.  It is literally too difficult for me to have a conversation with him when he's on benzos, yet he won't tell the doctor his behavior to the benzos because he is an addict and he enjoys the high of these two medications.  I am so frustrated because he won't listen to me and he is a thirty some year old man and I can't just call his doctor and discuss his treatment plan.  Please give me any suggestions you may have to ease his anxiety while on this hepatitis treatment drug and the methadone.  I am so afraid he will od on this combination as he continually abuses his benzo amount and quite frankly, I feel he is loosely grips mentally.  His behavior is so crazy he acts like a tweaked out speed junkie.  Please help me find my son and bring him out of this insanity.  I beg you!!
Please dont dismiss METHADONE so quickly! It has been a life savor for me! Before I was on Oxymorphone. Getting MAYBE 45% pain relief at best. And that only lasted 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs after injestion. So needless to say i was living my life horrid hour by horrid hour. I beg of you talk to your doctor about adjusting your methadone! With methadone i had 85%+ pain reliefe and it lasted for YEARS like this. Your body adjusts to it much more slowly than other pain MEDS. This is because of methadone extremely long half life and the different receptors it works with. Methadone was a god send for me. So PLEASE dont dismiss it so quickly as the "devil". Doctors are finally starting to see the benefit of using methadone as a pain reliever in moderate to highly sever cases. please dont fort those efforts... :/ ask your doc to try a different form of administration. I know when i switched from wafers to the pills i noticed a MAJOR increase in pain reduction with the exact same dose. So your body may be metabolizing it a fit differently. Please talk to your doctor before dismissing it completely. it may take another 1-3 adjustments  before your are comfortable. But i PROMISE YOU. IT WAS WORTH IT IN THE LONG HALL! I was a shell of a man before i found this medication for my pain... It hurts me to see others dismissing it so quickly :/
I so want to get off Methadone. It's been 4 years and i am on a very low dose 20 ml's. I want to switch to suboxon... Am I ready... I hate going to the clinic anymore, the done has me in li quid handcuffs..
I will also be traveling for 6 months by car, I can't stop at every done clinic. I had a wonderful woman docter for three months that gave them to me monthly... that was the best way.. I felt a sense of freedom & was able to wean myself to 20 ml's, she left the office for good. *****. Back at the horriable done clinic... I want to be done. What ever it takes! the withdrawls are inhumane...
Hi. You have posted on a very old (and lengthy) post. You may want to start your own thread by clicking on the "post a question" link at the top. In my opinion, it's best to just stop it all...methadone detox is terrible, I won't even sugar coat it. And from what I have heard, Suboxone is no cakewalk either. So why not bite the bullet and get it over with. It's hard, it really is. But in the end, it's well worth it. The freedom of not having to go see a doc monthly, (or daily in some ppls case) is amazing. The freedom of waking up and not depending on a little pill to make you feel like you can start your day and function, well that's amazing too. After 8 years on methadone, I decided enough was enough. I tapered off in 6 weeks....and here I am almost 420 days later. I had accepted that I would ALWAYS be on one pain med or another, but found out that just because I had accepted it, it didn't mean I couldn't try to change it and make my life better. And you can do the same. You'd be surprised how much better you feel. I thought that I would live a life full of back and hip pain, but soon found out that it wasn't the case. Sure...I have pain, but not every day, and it's nothing I can't handle. Ibuprofen and Tylenol usually do the trick now.

So just think about it. What kind of life do you want to have? One where you know what you'll be doing every day, which is looking forward to your next dose, and thinking about something no bigger than a button, or a life that is spontaneous and full of wonder and fulfillment?? Pretty sure anyone in their right mind would rather have the latter choice. Lol. Either way...good luck on whatever you decide to do. I'm not experienced with the Suboxone, but if you start your own thread with questions about it, there are plenty of very knowledgeable and compassionate ppl here that can help you. GOOD LUCK!!
Im using Methadone in 120mg per day for 3 years now, (earlier was 150mg for 10 months), and i was taking ALWAYS some benzodiazepine. Mostly Clonazepamum (but also Xanax, Signopam, Rohypnol, Lorazepam, Medazepam etc.), Im addicted to poiates since almost 10 years, and for benzos about 12 years. And everytime when i was shooting heroing or fentanyl or something i took bunch of benzos to it. And i must say, for guy who have 0 tolerance to benzodiazepines mixing opiodes with benzos can cause fatal CNS disorder. Remember! Safety first!
I have been on 10 mg of methadone for about 5 years. I never would go up in dosage because it managed my pain. I am now trying to get off because I want to work. This stuff is pure hell to come off. I am a athlete and have faced many giants in my life, but this one takes the cake. What do I need to beg for for the restless legs, no sleep etc. he called in zanax. It don't do anything I am at my last rope. My bottle of methadone is still here. But I need the job. Please help me get over this. It will be 2 weeks on 7/22/2014 how much longer

Hey Bama, this is an old thread from '07. I want to encourage you to click on "Post a Question" at the top of the forum and ask your question. You may get missed on this old thread. I don't want anyone to get lost. Just trying to help.

Good thing is, you stayed at a lower dose, but 5 years is a long time. Every body is different, but the pattern I see is, 3-4 weeks acute detox and a couple more months of energy slowly returning. Methadone is a slow detox, I am sorry to say. No meds helped me in acute detox either, though I never tried xanax.  Amino acid shakes, Cal/mag/zinc, multivitamine, EmergenC drink powder, and Epsom Salt baths as hot as you can stand it are what helped me most.
I have been on methadone and klonopin for over 10 years.I have had no problems. If I didn't have my klonopin I would have severe anxiety attacks. Now of course taking any medication is dangerous. And unfortunately if you have an addict popping high quantities of klonopin and methadone then I would react as you did. But for majority it's safe. I use to be on 80mg of methadone and 3 Xanax a day. I felt tired all the time and in 2005 got off both at the same time at a rehab and it was HELL!! I couldn't sleep for 56 days. By the time I went to a sleep doctor my eyes were dialated and just overall pain. I got off for 8 months and the pain was so horrible and I had seizures I decided to get back on methadone 40 mg and the doctor put me on klonopin for my panic attacks (which I use to think panic attacks were a joke. THEY ARE NO JOKE) now I'm down to 10mg methadone and I have been tapering off. It's horrible! I hate it when people say ," You are only on 10mg. I have been I methadone for over 10 years and these last 20mg have been the worst!! It feels like I was on 80 mg and just got off! That's how bad. It's been 3 months of laying in bed crying in pain and the only peace my body receives is from klonopin.
My nephew died this way. His doctor in Vermont would not give him Klonopin, but he returned home to RI and his primary gave him Klonopin. He died 5 months later. He also had Chrone's disease and asthma.
Jesus!!! You are that dumb or what? U dont know that opiodes + benzos = more potent high? Also, Clonazepam is stroneg benzo, it works synergesic with opiates. Im on methadone (80mg) + 2mg x3/ day + 100mg of Setaloft (SSRI antidepressant). When i take my meth in morning, i have to wait to ~14.00 to take 1 2mg pill of clonazepam to be more sober, but i still feel the high effect. Yesterday i took my meth dose + 600mg of tramadol + 2mg of clonazepam + 25mg of promethazine and i was high like hell. Im taking clonazepam for epilepsy and anxiety, i was also usimg Xanax, Lorazepam, estazolam, Valium, Dirmicum for sleep problems and anxiety attacks (midazolam) etc. everybody who know that stuff know that benzos + opiodes = more potent high.
Not for everybody.  I was on oxy for yrs. And clonazapam and I didn't abuse it and had no I'll affect.  And yrs later methadone and clonazapam, again no problem and wasn't abusing the meds, didn't get high. I believe you sound like you are on very high doses and alot of meds.  And I just have to wonder if you are getting so high because that is the effect you are searching for because I used my stuff as prescribed and I did not feel high so not everybody will feel this way and I think I should put that out there for people that use their meds correctly, you shouldn't be scared off by someone like this, if your doctor is aware of all of the meds you are taking and you use them as they are prescribed you should not feel high
CANT GET ANY MORE REAL THAN THAT!!!

CME4ME
Holy Freakin crybabies  This thread began as a question about Methadone & klonopins?  In this area I have a lot of experience. btw I was given 150 mics of Fentanyl every 2 days with methadone as breakthrough. Try kicking that cold turkey. I am presently prescribed 8 mgs per day of kpins , 100 mgs of Methadone, & 350 Somas x3 aday. Do I recommend this NO WAY. I am in a position where I NEED them to survive NO NOD completely lucid & normal everyday. But a **** to be around if I don't havem. It all has to do with TOLERANCE. Joe shmow that don't do drugs would be dead in few hrs. Me I think I need to raise my methadone alil & lower my kpins, due to decrease in weather is reaking havoc on my bones /nerves
I took 20 mgs of meth with 1 bar of Xanax, I was on the both when I started taking them. You will have to ask your doc on this.cuz these 2 meds can cause resptory depression..