morphine addiction how bad do withdrawls last
Im a 56 year old male Im trying to kick morphine I started vicodine about four years ago for a bad back but started seeing a pain specialist who put me on morphine (damm him ) ive been taking anywhere from 60 nto 180 mg a day for almost two years now i took my last dose monday night and withdrawls are just getting worse almost unbareable now what can i do please help
Look at the bottom right hand side of this page. The Thomas recipe, Amino acid protocol are listed there. Try to follow those as much as possible, expect 5-7 days of being uncomfortable, sorta like the flu. ( get the ace bandages )!

Force yourself to excercise, eat, (banannas are good), and drink to stay hydrated.
Post and post and whine if it makes you feel better.

Stay on here and talk to people who have been there and can help you through this, it will help, there is a lot of info and helpful folks here.

Good luck.............
You can expect up to 2 weeks feeling cruddy....probably 7-8 bad ones....use a heating pad for abdominal cramps...drink plenty to keep from dehydration ..... use emetrol for stomach and immodium for runs .... ibuprophen 800mg for aches.... benadryl for sleep as needed .... watch a lot of whatever movies yo like t keep your mind off things .... use hot showers/baths frequently .......check out the Thomas Recipe and the Amino Acid Protocols and think about following them .. they are valid.....  and good luck to you - -  keep posting......
I COULDNT HANG WENT TO DR. HE GAVE ME LIQUID MORPHINE IM SOPPOSED TO START AT ONE UNIT OR FIVE DAYS AND KEEP DROPING BY ONE OUARTER EVERY FIVE DAYS TILL IM DOWN TO ONE OUARTER UNIT OR EVEN LOWER IF MED ICATION HOLDS OUT.ILL LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW THIS WORKS FOR ME.I PRAY IT DOES MY HEART GOES OUT TO ANYONE IN THIS HELL OF ADDICTION.THANKS TO THOES WHO HAVE OFFERED ADDVISE.GOD BLESS..RAUL
I HAVE BEEN A MORPHINE ADDICT AND THE TRICK IS TO GET MORE MORPHINE AND DROP THE DOSAGE DAILY UNTIL YOUR OFF IT, NO WITHDRAWALS
LOTS AND LOTS OF LUCK
JEM X