Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
my friend needs help with his klonapin addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have a 69 year old friend that is on his way to jail for a year for a drug charge.He has an extensive non vioent and non drug past. He had been helping someone with suboxne and it was found in his house. He has bee PRESCRIBED KLONAPIN for years and just found out that the jail no longer allows any kind of xanax or klonapin medication. He has severe COPD and uses a nebulizer as well as oxygen. He is also on various heart and lung meds. I am afraid that cold turkey withdrawl (withdrawal) will kill him. Any suggestions?