Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
my vicodin/vicoprofen story

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

my vicodin/vicoprofen story

hello! new here! this isnt a question its more of a story i thought that if maybe i posted my problem having support from peeps on the same boat would help me stay on track :D
about five years ago i began having lower back pain it was pretty bad went to a neurologist and he explained that i have  a slipped disk not too bad but enough to cause pain that sometimes kept me from going to work we began treatment with physical therapy and some antinflamatories (did not help my pain at all) so next step he prescribed this magic little pill vicodin 5/500 of course it worked and i was so happy to be able to be a mom a wife and a good employee without the horrible pain months later is when the magic pill turns on me what started off as 4-6 pills a day is now 10-14 a day i want to stop its soooooo expensive and i know deep down its not just for pain that i take it it started off as just for pain but then i realized how much energy it gave me and i could be super mom, super wife and super at my job too. 2 1/2 years ago i moved from Florida to Colombia SA (yes im half colombian) here i take vicoprofen instead of vicodin it worked better for me but OMG! much harder to stop here I DONT NEED A PRESCRIPTION to buy them and to top it all off any pharmacy i call can deliver it straight to my home anytime i call, 1 of the pharmacies even gives me a super discount people here have no idea the abuse potential of this medicine or the horrible WD it causes, i work from home so no sick days so CT is out of the question between me and my hubby my income is the highest and i did try CT but with all my responsibilities it just wasnt possible so my goal now is to taper down 1/2 pill a day each week and hopefully get free from this crap, im not too worried about the pain my disc is not herniated and i have been taking other measure to deal with pain and im sooooo happy because its working my pain went from being there everyday to 2-3 times a week only, i need to stop i worry all the time about stomach ulcers, intestinal bleeding and who knows what other stuff i need to worry about my taper plan begins tomorrow i already bought the things i need for mini WD during my taper. i really hope that masking my story public will help me keep motivated to do this. wish me luck i will try my hardest to stay on track for me, my hubby and my son!
Hey & Welcome! Congrats on your decision to stop. If you're in Colombia, SA, you probably have the option of taking the Ibogaine cure. Have you considered this?
omg! that os great didnt know about this plant but just read about its anti addicting properties on a wiki wow so after i stop completely i could use this to reduce cravings? or how is it used? i imagine the name for it here must be ibogaina, theres a market place here where they sell medicinal plants so maybe i can find it there
thx so much for the info!
No, you don't even have to stop. You go into a treatment center, they do a couple of panels on you to make sure your heart and liver are OK. I'm going to go into YouTube for you and get the links for you. I'll send them to you via Private Message (PM). If I could do my detox over again, I would beg, borrow and steal to do the Ibogaine way. It takes 72 hrs. and there are no cravings after or during. It's illegal in this country but is used everywhere else. Including Canada, Mexico, off shore, Europe & India, to name a few.
Hey belle. Love that Avatar you just posted. Very cool with the 'silence gesture' and you smiling.
Welcome and congrats on your decision to stop... This is a wonderful board and you'll find so much support.
Just wanted to wish you luck on your journey. Hang in there!
thx everyone! im glad i got the courage to post on here words of encouragment help the only person that provides some kind of encouragment in my family is my hubby my mother thinks im a pill popping junkie and she is an alcoholic i didnt want 4 this to happen i was unaware of the kind of withdrawals i would go thru when it came time to stop. but so far so good been taking 2 pills every 3 hours so i can do just twelve today keep it at 12 or 12 and a half this whole week im gonna keep cutting down by half each week it will be slow but less painfull, ive been looking into the ibogaine thing and it seems like there are no treatment centers that offer that here but ill keep looking i might be able to find the plant at a shop but im kinda of scared to try it at home seems like u really need to know what u doing cause too much of it can cause deadly problems, it sounds like a very weird trip thou lol but hey if i wake up and im cured im up for it