ADDICTION: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
COMMUNITY
my wife is smoking pain pills. help
by txm85, Nov 20, 2010
my wife has been smoking pain pills for about a month.  she says it was not everyday.  she says she will stop right away but i don't know how i can trust her anymore.  lost of lieing, sneeking around, and did not even admit it when i confronted her with the tin foil she used to smoke them in the trash.  a day later she admitted to me what she was doing.  she does everything she can to blam me for anything to direct the attention off of her.  i want to help her get clean and stay clean but i don't even know were to start.  can anyone give me some good advice?  what to look for?  how to really help her get better?
Member Comments (44)
by believe0509, Nov 20, 2010
She has to be ready to quit and willing to quite and then you would feel like supporting her. Not sure about smoking pain pills. I've had several pain pill addictions over an eight year period and have never! Heard of that. Sounds like she is not ready unless you threaten to leave then maybe she will clean up her act. I'm just afraid it's a lot worse than you think, just saying.   Lisa
by Teetime4u, Nov 20, 2010
Hello and welcome. Does your wife admit that she is addicted? What is she smoking? My daughter is an opiate addict and using needles. One thing I have learned is that unless they want help there isn't much you can do. I didn't even know pain pills could be smoked??!! As far as blaming you for things they will do anything they can to redirect away from theirselves. I feel for you cause I am where you are right now. You may want to check into alanon it will help you to understand the addiction and give you ways to cope. This site is amazing with help and advice. Good luck and God Bless.
by throwindatowl, Nov 20, 2010
Ive heard of smoking pain pills but its rare. You sure shes not smoking something else?
Would she tell you?. Shes not being honest now. If I got caught like she did I may come up with the same story if I knew someone would buy it. If your smoking anything out of aluminum foil,  good chance your an addict. Addicts have to have the want to quit. You cant do anything without her wanting to do something. Shell have to at least be open to help. Sorry man. The people here wont sugar coat anything. We all know it does no good too.
by txm85, Nov 20, 2010
thank you for your comments Teetime4u and believe0509,.  i think she is just telling me what i want to hear.  i didn't know you could smoke pills either and sounded weired to me too.  but i looked it up on a couple different web sites and it is possible.  i found the tin foil with the residue on it.  i thought it was much worse.  she told me it was pills and i believe her. i'm not sure what she is smoking for sure.  she still isn't opening up very much.  she doesn't admit she is an addict.  she says she did it for fun and it's not a big deal and she doesn't need help.  i have a hard time believing that.  but i have never been in a situation like this before and am totaly lost.  i'm looking for any advise i can get.  she has had a drinking problem in the past.  it always came about when with her friend. i know she is a bad influance and she started smoking with the same friend.  i think if she could get away from her she would be much better.  i know if she doesn't cut ties with this friend then there is no hope.
by al0885, Nov 20, 2010
people smoke pills. Suboxine is commonly smoked as thats the only way most catch there buzz from it, I hope this works out for you both
by txm85, Nov 20, 2010
i don't want anyone to sugar coat anything for me.  i want to know what to expect.  i have never had an addictiion or been around anyone with a addiction before.  that is why i'm hear seeking advise.  no i'm not sure if it's something else.  i wouldn't know how to tell.  the residue on the foil is brown in color and completely odorless.  it is most of the time in two lines and sometimes one line.  i went through 3 weeks worth of trash and found 14 different foils like this.  i looked into everything.  found most of them in cigarrette packs.  is there something i can watch for to tip me off that she is still using?  i don't want to just give up on her.  i want to give her the chance.  but will leave if the problem continues with no hope.  but that is my worst nightmare.
by Lucky2bAlive, Nov 20, 2010
I have never heard of anyone smoking suboxone so Im not sure about that. But I used to smoke oxycontin off tin foil everyday. Its called chasing the dragon is a very popular method of using oxys. Does the tin foil have long black lines down it. These are trails of oxy residue as she tilts the tin foil and the oxy chunk falls hench the name chasing the dragon. It is 10x more addicting then eating or snorting them. It is also much worse for your health as the oxy combusts into numerous dangerous chemicals when lit. It is terrible for your lungs and people do not last long with this method. She needs to get help and fast. Do you know what type of pills she is smoking? 99% of the time its oxy. Unless its heroin but that could easily be determained by looking at the tin foil and if theres long black lines. Good luck
by Teetime4u, Nov 20, 2010
I feel for you. The fact that she is smoking the pills is a warning sign in itself. Usually people eat them, then snort them, and so on. She is way up the ladder very quickly. Soi more than likely she has been at it for awhile. My daughter has advanced to needles in the past 6 months. The bad thing about all this is that unless she wants help there isn't much that you can do and her addiction will continue to worsen. I don't have much advice about her friend cause the more you say the worse it can get, if you know what I mean. My daughters bf is an idiot and an addict and I know if she wasn't with him she might clean up but there isn't much I can do. Try to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with your wife. Hopefully you can get through.  Do you have children?
by Lucky2bAlive, Nov 20, 2010
Just notice your other post describing the lines. This is def. oxycontin. The black lines will appear to be dark brown and black. It is not heroin if there is there lines. Smoking oxy is a very dangerous method of use. It all filters through the lungs and can lead to a serious mental addiciton worse then a user who just snorts them. Like IV users they become addicted to the procedure of preparing there needle and the process of shooting up. Well its the same for oxy smokers. They love the process of breaking the pill down and getting the foil ready to chase the dragon. Like I said I did this for a few years and I am here to help so please let me know if you need anything. I hope you are able to turn her life around before its too late. I take that back its never TOO late. But it would only be easier to start now. Please speak with her about your concerns and tell her your there for her and love her. It will help