Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
n/a and a/a
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

n/a and a/a

forgot to mention that I did attend some n/a and a/a meetings. I live in a small town so options are limited. the a/a meetings were so hyper focused on alcohol that I felt like a fraud being there. The several N/A mtngs. were comprised of mostly very young people and I felt absurd. I am alone in this with no support.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
271792_tn?1334983257
The meetings are for you to identify with the disease--not the people attending. Comparing yourself to others will leave you alone. That's not a good place to be. I hope you seek some other form of aftercare to help you to get on with your life. Best of luck.
Blank
Hi, it's me again. I neglected to say that I am hearing impaired so I am unable to hear anything in these meetings. It causes me to become very nervous. I don't know what sort of aftercare options there are besides the meetings; I can not afford a private counselor. Thank you for you response.
Blank
i believe there are online meetings for hearing impaired people. i suggest doing a google search as you may be able to find 1. where do you live? ill be glad to try and find an actual meeting for you in your area.
Blank
I live in south orange county, calif. Thank you so much for your offer to help. I had no idea that these existed. Still in the midst of w/d so not on top of my game, but this kind of support means of lot to me.
Blank
4113881_tn?1401895587
Hey, it just so happens I'm in south Los Angeles....not too far from where your at. There are some great resources for us around here. We ate much more privileged than others with all the recovery based groups going on here. Check these links out.

http://www.ocfl.net/Portals/0/resource%20library/families%20-%20health%20-%20social%20svcs/ADA%20Manual.pdf

http://www.orangecounty.net/html/helping.html

http://www.oc-aa.org/directory/meetings.asp?day=Monday&city=%25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not alone and there is tons of support out there if you grab on to it.
Good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank