Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
na

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

na

Did any of you find that NA works? I have tried counsiling but even with insurance I cant afford the cost of what I need to stay sober? I am still using. I had a 2 month break but when i went back to the real world I relaped. MY mother did NA and OA and every kind of A possible but she is just an addiction transfer type person. At this point I am willing to try it. My experience with alnon as a kid was horrible. I had a hard time with people telling me that the higher power could be whatever they wanted like, a jacket. No kidding I heard that. I am a christian woman dispite my sins. I dont know what I need. Also will vitamins help a whole lot if I am tappering and still using? Will they help with the tired, tired, feelings I get in between pills?
Yes yes yes to the vitamin question!  Christians are all sinners hun, we all come up short somewhere, the point is you claim Him.  Spirituality has helped my recovery very very much and I believe it could help yours as well.  Pray for the strength to stick with your taper program, but believe it's happening as you pray.

I go to a therapist who sort of made me start n/a.  It's like giving you another weapon in fighting the battle.  I didn't want to at first, but after a couple of meetings I saw the importance of it and it helped, but only because I wanted it to help.  It's something I had to broaden my mind for, because like you I had a bad taste in my mouth for it.  Now I go and when I leave there is always something I'm coming away with be it knowlege, someone else's testimony, a story or hearing something I may have heard 1000 times before and never dialed in on until now.  Can't hurt to try, right?  

Good luck to you, and don't give up on sobriety or your faith:)
Thank you!
If you plan on doing the program exactly like suggested it may work. If you plan on just attending meetings a couple times a week it probably wont