naltrexone implants
I am interested to hear from anyone who has had a naltrexone implant and what their experience of this was.  Did it work for you?  How long did it keep you off heroin?  Is it a better option than methadone?  If it didn't work for you - why not?  Any problems with it?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me by telling me their experiences with naltrexone implants.
good morning...

i goggled this about two weeks ago and was shocked...kind of scary going there.   i was interested in it after reading someone's post about heroin addiction...and remembered some talk show doing a program on these implants....that was years ago.    but it seems to me...after searching for info. that most think they are not safe.

i hope someone can help you with this question.   are you a heroin addict and considering this?   there are quite a few ppl on this site that were once addicted to heroin...only to kick that habit and be here for another one.   strange how an addict will continue to strive for that high...just substituting one drug for another.  

have a good day and hopefully you will get some answers soon.

kim  
Sorry to bother you all again but I was hoping to hear from some people who have had naltrexone implants, I posted this a few days ago : I am interested to hear from anyone who has had a naltrexone implant and what their experience of this was. Did it work for you? How long did it keep you off heroin? Is it a better option than methadone? If it didn't work for you - why not? Any problems with it?

Thanks to Lizzielou for your reply.  I am looking into this treatment for 2 purposes:

1)  My partner has had one before but it was only a 3 month one and he stayed clean for 9 months.  He then relapsed and now is aiming for a 12 month one as he says that it takes about 12 months to get heroin out of your head.

2)  We are thinking of setting up a business providing implants as they are not well known and are not available on the NHS (we live in the UK).  These implants seem to be much more effective than methadone and other heroin treatments that are in the mainstream.

What do you all think?  Is there anyone out there who has had one?  Please let me know.

Thanks again - Vron.
Hi ya
  I had 2 x 6mth implants and had no problems with them, I stayed clean  for 4 years and then sadly relapsed. I have started taking the tablets again, but keep using once and a while just by forgetting to take them. I want to get another implant for 12 mths but cant afford one at the moment.I am trying to see, if I can get one on the NHS. I think implants are the only way for me, because it gives you a long break. I have not had problems with changing addictions. But suggest some kind of drug support.From UK Bournemouth