Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
naltrexone/revia implant

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

naltrexone/revia implant

I went through rapid detox and had the naltrexone implant inserted on April 15th, it is a 6-7 week opiate blocker. . . .there is quite a lump and after physical work is it somewhat sore . . doctor at clinic prescribed a steroid which took away inflamation (inflammation) . . it does feel better, but it itches towards evening time. . .i am just surprised at the size of the lump . . and wonder if over the next weeks the size of the implant reduces as it desolves . . have been off vicodin almost 30 days and feel wonderful . . i was so out of it went the implant was inserted i am not sure i really understood what it would look like . .. is this normal? I would also like to say thank you for this forum it has been my life line back to quality life and some sense of sanity!!!  thank you very much!
Tags: Addiction
Can I please jump in here and ask you about your rapid detox.Had you tried anything before the rapid way? What was your usage?Did you have any withdrawals afterwards? Was it expensive? Sorry to blast you with so many ?? but I'm new and I'm going to start CT Sat. and I want to know all the options. I have read and re read everyones post.I just want info from all directions. Glad to here your doing so well. Hang in there. can't wait to here from you
Hi everyone:

I posted a NEW thread  on May 4 (see c-6).

I would really like some feedback.

Great to read all your posts.  

solveig
A member here, MrMichael67 responded that he would get back to you later today about your methadone post. He is probably one of the foremost experts on methadone here. He will probably post when he gets home from work, that's what he said anyway.

Burn
I just got your post under "Can I take Cough medicine..."  a few questions down... I replied just now; just wanted to make sure you guys read it since it's way down there (I think it was from 5/1/03)
thanks so much for the reply, to the doc/ you have eased my mind i have absolutely no urge to use again . . but will never say never .. i know i was a junkie and do not want to travel that road again . .. to passenby:  rapid detox:  4 days - needed constant caregiver - basically knocked me out for 4 days - worst of the withdrawls painless - but blurry... $1000.00 - cheap compared to street prices . .. implant $400 . . .as of day 30 clean. .tried tapering .. LOLOLOL. . .worth every penny .. . the implant blocks any effect of opiates . .leaves no option of using  . . .they said 7 weeks . .. doc says maybe longer .. .i feel i have my life back . . to refrase "i am alive" . . . passenby feel free to email at ***@**** .. .the lump from the implant is somewhat bothersome . .and itching (which i am hoping is a sign of healing) . . PEACE/LOVE/UNDERSTANDING ... any more feed back is welcome . . .thanks so much to all of you that have shared my boat .. ~~
I posted down under your post on the other thread.  I work all day, so I am sorry for the delay.
tried to email you, but it was returned!
Thanks so much for the info.I am very happy for you I would like to know when your implant gets better. rapid detox is my second choice if CT doesn't work this next week. when I get back I will use that email address.I don't want to sound weak about the CT but I'm not doing so well about tappering. I guess that hurts my confidence with the CT. How is depression with you is that good too? It's sounds like your in pretty good forum. I guess I would be to 30 days clean. congrats and I'll look you up when I get back.
hi, i  have checked into the rapid detox myself and there are no clincis that are close to me ( im in pa) but the prices that i was giving from the dr's and clinics that i have talked to was more like 4500.00 and up, i dont know about many of you  but i simply CANT afford it if i had the money i would be there tomorrow ! honestly i would, and i have done alot of research on the naltrexone by either implant or taking the pill and i think that it is great that it is working glad to here some positive feedback about it, i wonder if after you take the ( bup)  subutex (not sure of he spelling)  if they give you the natrexone ??  i there is anyone here that  has gone , or is going through (bup) please tell me if it is as great as im told it is .DOES IT STOP THE PAIN OF WITHDAWL ? that is my biggest question, cause i know that if i can get past that part i can make it all the way!!  keep up the good work wish i was there and can say that it has been 30 days without any narcs maybe someday...
Hey how are you doing?  Do you have a good "plan" to go with when you take your trip to get off the vikes?  I was just reading some of the questions way down from a few days ago.  I saw you said your problem started when your son died, from overdose.  I have two comments for you and I hope they help you and not hurt your determination to get off the pills.

First, If my son died I would probably go off the deep end with my addiction and never look back, but that's coming from the viewpoint of being an addict before he died, which is not your case right?  I guess I only wanted to tell you this as a way to make you feel less guilty, and I'm very sorry for the loss of your son.

Also, I ODed on oxycontin a couple of years ago.  I was in a coma but came out of it perfectly fine to everyones amazement.  There is a reason I did, I don't know what yet, maybe just to raise my son...I don't know.  Anyway, since then I think my mom has become addicted to percocets also.  She's been to doctor after doctor, all kinds of dental work, diagnosed with fibromyalgia...everything results in her filling another script.
Sorry this is off subject, kind of, but no doctor or website has answered this question.  I have a history of knee problems.  Not exactly sure what it is...one doctor told me I had chrondromalacia, another said I had messed up alignment that made my knee caps "track" to the side a little, causing rapid wear of the tissue padding my knee cap to my leg bones (so I guess he was saying the pain came from almost bone to bone contact).  I'm not a doctor but I would probably say the second is more correct.  I've seen the X-Rays and can tell my knee caps move differently than everyone elses.

So here's my question, and sorry that it's stupid:  Everytime I drink more than four alcoholic drinks, I have severe knee pain the next morning that lasts the whole day.  Alcohol is not my DOC, and knowing how the next day will be if I drink too much, I'm not willing to get drunk, ever.  There is no hangover because the knee pain takes over.  Why?  Anyone?
Thank you so much for your condolence. It seem like I'm on here day and night just reading post. No I wasn't an addict before but I have used dorocets for headaches for years but always with control.I guess most people think my problem is not to serious on this forum I get little response but I'm still learning from everyone and it's very serious to me.Number one I can't imagine this happening to me I was so dumb about all this I just thought you could stop if you wanted to. Boy did I get a good taste of what I am going to go through next week.I had RLS hot and cold sweats and I couldn't control my muscels from jerking and I hadn't told anyone.I was really scared. Then the guilt hit and I remembered all the things my son said about this stuff and I was so ashamed for not truly understanding him. Don't get me wrong I had my son in and out of clinics rehabs and on the phone all the time trying to find help for him. he had so many problems with drugs and drinking. he was 25 and still attached to my hip but I just thought it was mind over matter. How wrong I was. Well I think I have a good plan.I'm taking the Thomas recipe with me Ive taken notes from anyone here that as given me any advice, Ive got my anti-depressents, distilled water and if you read my other post a whole **** load of xanax. thanks for the response catch up with you later.     Passen
I'm trying to stop taking hydrocodone (10/750) and norcos. I don't think I need them anymore and I've been taking them for 3 years. I have about 16 left....any advice
taper, with 16 ,
take 3 a day for 3 days
then take 2 a day for 3 saya,
while taking the 2 a day ,start taking the thomas's receipe

which is a vitamine receipe here at this fourm  that helps with withdrawls, best to take the receipe in the morning
L-tyrosine 500 mg 8 a day week 1, 4 a day weeks after.
b-6 100 mg 2 a day
vtamines -  A-C AND E
calsium-magnesium
copper- phosphous- magnesse
a strong multi vtamine.
imodium (immodium) for the runs week 1
lots of water or gatoraide for lost electolites/
xanax or valume at night for sleep . week one.
hot baths for restless leg and body at nights week 1 and 2.
after 10 days  start to exersize as much as possible
to get the endorphines up and running/
sorry to break in here but i think i figured out how to post a link... here goes...

http://forum.onecenter.com/friends_ah

wow, hope this works, lol! hope this doesn't **** anyone off but someone had asked me to post a link so i have!

peace,

amber
my rapid detox was actually a medical assisted . . did it at home . . that's why the price difference. ..  .the $4000.00 is in-patient . .. . i was using 4-12 vicodin a day for almost 2years . . they felt i did not need to do the inpatient. .. i had to have a constant caregiver who went with me and had to sign a contract to administer meds and make sure i didn't hurt my self . after 30 days i am still using part of the thomas recipe and believe it is helping . . exercise is helping but makes the implant sore . . i really feel good . . . . .PEACE/LOVE/UNDERSTANDING
I am from PA too!  Northwest part Erie, PA.  My husband who is an addict like me used Bup for maintance for three months and then tapered off of it completely.  He swears by it.  He is a chronic pain suffer so he was able to get IM Bup.  Suboxone is the tablet form that is prescribed for detox.  Anyway yes it does work well for withdrawals but it can be hard to find a doc and a pharmacy that will write and fill it.  Good luck!  

Hippy and trying to stop are both from Philly...  Pammy
Good luck, and another thing...When I was at the peak of my withdrawals, I took so much xanax that normally I would have been knocked out and not remembered anything.  I took it because I couldn't stand the RLS anymore and wanted to get some sleep.  It didn't work.  I ended up almost in convulsions, because the RLS almost seemed to increase, and the xanax made me have less control over it.  The only good it did was make me not really care about what was going on.  It was still pretty rough though.
Hi thanks for writting back,now i understand the price difference. i did not know that you can do it at home and have the constant care give with you at all times. that would be great for me but i have three kids here at home with me so i dont think that would work unless i went to someone elses home, but i dont want to be away from my kids !  That is why i havent checked myself in to a rehab. im glad that you are doing so well and i hope to be here some day writting here as you are CLEAN and DRUG FREE ...
pammy , just wondeing why your husband did the (bup) and the other drug( i think you said naltrexone) and you didnt ? i would think that it would have been easier to do it together ? Im near the hazelton area in pa (shitty part of the state smile) I just hope for the best for me and my family and i have a really close friend ( best friend) who does this also, we are kind of in this together!We have talked many times about getting help together and hopefully sooner than later, we both feel the same way and depend on each other for the drug and other things as well . thank to everyone for this forum it has helped me more than what you ll ever know.. keep up the good work!!
                                       good wishes to all !
Thank you, Your the first to wish me well on my eventful trip. So may I ask how much xanax was alot so I can kinda tell where to start and where not to go with it?
Good afternoon everyone-I hope everyone is doing well--I am feeling sooo overwhelmed especially at work--Day 17 out of hydro-hell--I guess its just my poor mistreated body trying to adjust to my new life without pills--The last time I went through withdrawal I don't remember having this much anxiety only apathy--I guess it's true that every time you go back it GETS HARDER!--I really just want to vent because to tell you the truth I feel better just getting it all out!--Thanks for listening guys--You are my lifeline! Peace/Prayers-N.O. Lady AKA Mystere

Anne

P.S. I'll try and check in when I get home! Love Ya
17 days!!!!!   I'm so proud of ya - you're doing great (even though you may not feel so great right now)...smile
I'm a tapering fool - just can't seem to get past the 4-5-6- a day habit....You are doing so good; keep on "keeping on", Anne. YOU'RE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!!!  Love, Lisabet
Thanks hippy I didn't know you could use the Thomas recipe while you were tapering.So I can use it now Straight through CT.
Your comment really struck home with me . . .i have two kids ages 6 and 12 . . .#1 reason i wanted to get off the Vic's . . sick of being a **** mom . got to the point where if not for myself but for my kids this had to be done..kept saying i was gonna taper . . lol. . yeah right .. woke everyday wanting and needing just to function .. i know you know what i mean . .. .i did this at home and told the kid's mom was sick .. it looks like the flu . . my bestfried (the caregiver) and my husband took shifts ... had to arrange some help to get the kids to school.. . but in reality it was easier than some of the arrangements i made to get my drugs (i was buying off the street) ...us junkies are really resourseful when we really want something . .lol. after the initial detox .. with the body still adjusting ... just sat down with the 12 year old and said .. mommmy had a sickness and it's going to take awhile for my body to be right again ... lost track of alittle time .. but looking at the calendar today is May 8th. .. it was one month ago April 8th i went through the detox .. i honestly have no craving for the hydro ... maybe i'm blessed or i was just sick of being sick . . gamzz . .. your gonna make it .. i can hear that you really want this .. my assist was done in Michigan ...PEACE/LOVE/UNDERSTANDING . . .. YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS ...
My husband did straight bup because he had a larger habit than mine.  He didn't use the naltrexone implant or pills.  We came up with different treatment plans with our doctor as our habits were different and we had different needs.  I decided to taper and I am still doing so.  I have been at two hydros a day for a long time.  It seems to really help my pain even that small of dose.  When my husband started the Bup he was in a bad state emotionally and he needed a bridge between the oxys and not taking anything.  It worked great!  He was in a severe depression and I do not think he would have been successful with a taper or CT.  Bup has an antidepressant effect on poeple that really helped him get his life back.  There is a good rehab in Hazelton if I am not mistaken?  Good luck, Pammy
Hazelden  is three hours from me-----and it's good, i have heard.  A 28-day inpatient is around three grand or more. So if insurance doesn't cover it, sell the damn farm....LOL
   How're ya doing today, sweets?  We still need to plan your and Rip's Minneysoda Getaway......If he had any idea how you and I are together, I'm sure he'd stay home....so be sure NOT to say anything!!! LOL  We'll torture him.....Love--Peazy
Hi there.  This might sound stupid but what is (Bup).  I have never heard of it before. I am taking the naltroxine.  So far so good.  Its hard though.  My husband left me for another woman this week and I want to use so bad, but I am fighting thee urges. Glad to hear your doing well.
Girlfriend, have been reading your posts, my addiction ballooned for the same reason . .. i know the hurt and i know the pills make the hurt - hurt less. .. email me ***@****. . . . ..
sorry to post here . . . sent lengthy email to you and not sure if it went through .. .
did not get your email try this address ***@****
VICO:  you are in my thoughts daily,,,, wanting to know what's going on with you .  . . sent email to new address . . did you recieve it???????. .. as for me i am 33 days clean(if i am counting right...lol) . . last pill i took was on April 8th . . .. it really feels good. .. hoping and praying for all participants of this forum ..  ya'll have helped me so much . i am amazed at the knowledge and wisdom that is posted . am blown away . . especially the thread about brain chemistry . .holy smokes .. . . Vico. . .get back with me girlfriend. ...PEACE/LOVE/UNDERSTANDING. . . .. .
Doe's anyone know of any "Over the Counter" Medications I could take to over come the withdraw from Methadone.?
Please help if You can.

Thanks for you time and Help
                                       Rick Mc

***@****
I received your email I will email you back tomorrow things are really hard right now.  Thank you for caring.
I found a web site that will find all treatment centers by using your zipcode or address in the United States and would like to share it with everyone.
It's at http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/facilitylocatordoc.htm
Just go to the site and select your state and put in your address and it will display all centers that are in your area.
Some may already know this, but this is for those of you that don't.
And I want to thank you Sundara for emailing me so quick with the Information I needed.

Good Luck to everyone Here and I hope you all reach your goals.

Rick mc
Dont worry it will go away.  My boyfriend had the rapid detox about 3 years ago and it took a month or so to go down.  The rapid detox program is great, he was a 12 year heroin addict when he finally decided to go and have the rapid detox.  Let me tell you that he had never been clean for more than 6 months and in Dec. it will be 3 years.  He still takes the naltrexone until this day and says that he will take it for the rest of his life.  He says that naltrexone is a "Miracle Worker", he says it totally gets rid of the cravings and because he couldn't get high even if he wanted to its a great deterant.
I am trying to help my husband get off the vicodin.  He takes about 30 10/325 a day.  He has run out and gone through all the withdrawals several times.  The last time he came clean about his use, sort of, but started right back at 20 pills a day, like a a week later.  We are trying to taper off the pills and talked with the pharmacist on how to do this safely, but he is really struggling.  He's going to a substance abuse counselor 2x/week.  Any suggestions?  He refuses to talk to his Dr. about this.  He also had major back surgery that started this hole mess a few years back.

Thanks for any insight or help,

Aileen
Hi im new to this, I have done alot of reading & everbody's word really stick with me. I have been on oxys for 3 years & done rehab on sept of 08 stayed cleaned 9 days & back on them. After OD i went back in on jan of 09 and have been clean for 30 days. Detoxed for 3 days & sent home on revia 50mg. I really can see the fog has lifted but my side effects from revia are starting to get to me & im thinking  about not taking my dose in the morning....really need some advise.
You posted on a really old thread and they don't get that much attention.Go to the top of the page and hit 'post a question' and start a new one,you will get more responses that way.I don't know anything about revia,sorry...Keep posting...Peace...Kim