narcotic withdrawal
I have been prescribed Panlor SS tablets for the last 3 years. I get 120 a month, which I do take all. I have back issues and 20% nerve damage in my neck. The work I do entitles lifting elderly residents, and I do work 16 hour shifts. I dont take more then the recommended dose which is 4 tablets a day. Panlor SS is acetaminophen, caffeine and dihydrocodeine. This may sound bad, but somehow I am out of my script 5 days early. My doctor wont renew my script till the 13th, and Im trying to figure out what im going to do for pain. Im scared to go thru a withdrawal period these next few days, but more so, the pain Im going to occur. Ive tried to supplement using excedrin since it has similar "ingredients" ( acetaminophen and caffeine). This is the first day without taking my prescribed medicine. I dont have a headache, nausea but I do have pain.

Is there any suggestions for the withdrawal I may experience and the pain?

Thank you.
Doesnt matter that the excedrin has the caffeine and acetaminophen.  It needs the narcotic (dihydrocodeine) or equivalent to keep you from getting sick.  I would try 800mg ibuprophen and...alternate heat and cold for the pain.   Good luck to you also....... dont know what the strength of Panlor is - - - -
The excederin seems to help, unless its a mind thing, which is quite possible. Ive been trying to read up on dihydrocodeine.. to find out really how habit forming it is. I really dont want to be on pain pills the rest of my life... I had been on vicodin for 4 years straight when the accident first happened, and realized I did indeed have a problem with the vicodin and told my doctor I knew I had a problem. So, he gave me the PanlorSS stating it was less habit forming. The Panlor Im on, doesnt have a strength to it. Although Ive read that they do make panlor with certain strengths. I guess its fair to say that Im dependent on it, or I wouldnt have even posted something, but this is the first Ive been out of my script and still honestly, dont know why. I actually have 4 pills left, but am hoping to break them in halves, in hopes I wont have too much of a withdrawal.

Thank you for responding.
The stuff in panlor is similar to codeine. Good news is that your doc isnt totally lame - - it is not as bad as the hydrocodone..But if you changed from the hydro you may have brought a little tolerance with you. The excedrin will help with the pain. And it may be the caffeine that also helps when you use those excedrin. Using the 1/2 pills is a good idea.  4 years can be a long time - - Seems like you are on the cusp as far as withdrawals go- - - Wish you all the best - -