narcotics and pregnancy
I had an old script of Vicodin, Im 38 wks pregnant, I took 2 yesterday,(Friday) due to so much pain carrying this child, now im scared they will take my child from me because my Doctor is talking about inducing me Tuesday, how long will this narcotic be in my system, and my unborn child's???
PLEASE do not even give it a second thought.  They will not take your child.  It will be WAY out of both of your systems by then and the baby will show no signs of ever having been exposed to it.
I was prescribed pain medication throughout my ENTIRE pragnency andmy daughter is fine, more than fine.
Good luck to you!!
Seriously, two pills is not going to make a difference, you are term so don't give it a second thought. The time for concern is if you are taking them in high doses throughout your pregnancy or not taking them as prescribed. We give narcotics to pregnant women (in low doses of course) for kidney stones, sciatica, pyelonephritis and many other painful conditions that can be exacerbated by the pregnancy!  

Congratulations and enjoy your new baby! May I ask why you are being induced at 38 weeks? Is it elective or medically indicated? Not meaning to be nosy, just curious.

Peace,
Marcie:)