Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
nasal and face pain from snorting pills

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

nasal and face pain from snorting pills

Trying to stop snorting pills, but can't do it. without it the pain in my nose and face hurts too bad. Any suggestions? If I stop completely, how long will the pain last?
The longer you use the worse that is going to get I would get off it asap if you are already suffering with pain like that .You would need to probaby take an OCT pain reliver I do not know if something like a triple antibotic (antibiotic) cream and salane drops would help but I  would give it a try how long have you been using  and what are you snorting?
How long have you been snorting? did the pain come from that? If so, then the pain should stop soon after you stop. There is a great product that uses saline to rinse out your nose -stick it up one side, squeeze and water pours out the other. Kind of weird, but it really works. the saline heals and use antibiotic cream as well. Once you snort, does it numb the pain or did you start taking the pills to deal with the pain?
This is the first time I've heard of this, but there has to be a simple answer (I know, stop snorting), anyone's nose will hurt if we jam enough crap up it!
hope you can find a solution!
Often the body tells us when enuf is enuf...seeing a dr would be ur best bet cos i am guessing snorting isa chrnic problem for u or u would not be worrying

Hopefully u have not done any permanent damage but snorting eats away at the nasal mucosa//cauing tracts to form oropenings due to the drug eating away the membranes and when u snort it goes into places it is not sposed to go//altho drugs were never meant to be in ur nose anyway
An ENT is who u need to see///stopping cos of pain only is not a really good reason//altho if u have done permanent damage to ur mucosa//which sounds likely.///to me it would be a great reason to let go

Narcotic wd is usualu les than a week physically from most narcotics//snorting is a very mental routine tho so the mental part will be much longer for many//we r all different//when peeps snort or shoot dugs//doses get high fast and the habit of doing this is hard to break vs swallowing pills as intended

very do-able//but u gotta w2ant it//often destroying veins or nasal muosa is enuf to make one stop///sometimes it is not///we all have our own bottom`
been snorting hydrocodone for years. started because of of back problems, but now everything is worse. if I don't snort, my nose and face hurts and burns. After a snort the pain there eases off. what is that product that you mentioned? Can't go to the doctor, don't have any kind of insurance, so I cant afford any big bills.
Do you snort pills like vicodin? If so, that's a mountain of tylenol with only a very little narcotic. I hope you can stop!
i have the same problem i want to stop but the burn is to much i just cant take it i can only last about 24 hr before im right back were i started i have the suboxions for withdrall so its not that please tell me if your off n how u did it anything would help thanks cny1984
I am 20 years old and I've just been doin pills for a year or a little over.. I condtanly hurt in my face n neck if I don't have any in my nose.. I get severe migraines from it also.. when I try to quit my nose pours n as I said before I hurt/migraines etc... I am a female n I started because my life when down hill.. I really want to straighten my life back up and get off of them.. please help if u kno any remedies besides saline rinse because it doesn't help, and id rather not go to a doctor.. and how long til the pain goes away?
Hii my husband has a pill snorting problem...his bones ache so bad when he doesn't take them which makes him keep taking them...how long does it take for his body aches to go away??? How can he wiene off of it??? Its starting to get bad and its ruining our marriage? I need help ASAP!!!
Hi, I had the same problem from storting pills. It didnt happen this last time I relapsed though. lashamummy is right though. I know because thats how I got it to stop. It is called NeilMed Sinuflo Ready rinse. It is saline. I bought it at CVS. It works pretty good. I used that for a week. I only did it every other day though, cuz it does hurt if you do it when you have the pain in your nose. It felt so much better, the last few times I storted pills, it almost made me puke. It felt like my nose was too clear and it just went straight to the back of my throat. Im not saying do it so you can snort more , of course. But I would definitly go get some. Its only about 8 or 10 bucks. If that doesnt work, id find some way to get to a dr. Apply for medicaid or whatever you have to do, because it seems like it would have just gotten worse if I never did anything for it. Good luck, hope it gets better !
i have been snorting percocets and vicodin for a long time but now if i dont snort them i get major severe pain in my nose and my throat like ive never felt before please help me on how to stop or if there are any remedies the pain in my throat nose and mouth is so bad . how can i stop what can i use to help with the pain my number is 505-412-0690 please text me or post a solution its the worst pain ive ever felt in my life help help help from new mexico boy
I have been snorting hydrocodone for about 2 yrs now and I never had this pain until about a month ago its a burning in my nose and face, I know this sounds bad but the only way to make the pain go away is to snort more pills, I want to quit more then anything in this world but as long as I have this pain it's impossible. If anyone knows of anything that will help pls pls pls let me know  
I just wanna say that I am going through the same thing with snorting pills up my nose. I been doing hydro/oxycodone up my nose for the last 5 years and have spent the last 2 years with the crazy bad nose pain if I don't snort them! Even taking them orally doesnt help. I went so far as to go to a ENT doctor and of course I didn't tell them that I snort pills. They said I might be possible I have wegener's granulomatosis. I thought about it and did some research and I find it hard to believe cause I don't have any other symptoms all the time. I got a prescription for Lidocaine Viscous which is a oral form of local anesthetic and that gives me temp relief when I put it in a old affrin bottle and spray if up my nose 4 or 5 times. It really helps kill the pain but ultimately I am still hooked on snorting my pills and snorting the painkillers kill the pain in my nose for alot longer than my lidocaine. So i still feel stuck! I want off these damn painkillers I have completed withdrawal 4 times in the last 5 years it is just that hard. I have relapsed every time. I will say this though. The last time I quit i had the lidocaine to help me with the nose pain and it really did help. And my nose pain has never been as bad sinse the last time i detoxed. That is not to say it doesnt hurt now but I think since I gave my nose a break it help. But I am so horribly addicted to my painkillers that I relapse everytime and am very frustrated. The life of an opiate addict ***** so bad. I never get very much sleep and I take more drugs just to deal with the fact that my tolerence is so high to the opiates that i don't have enough to be well all the time.
Have you tried going to N/A classes?
I was a pill addict for three years and once I got arrested I was forced to go to N/A classes. It has completely changed me. They give you the stength quit. It's hard, but if you WANT to stop. You'll stop. Don't let the addiction control you, YOU control it. YOU tell it you want to stop, leave it, forget it, and move on from it. You can do this. :)
The more you snort pills the worse the pain gets.
I snorted pills almost everyday for about three years, once I got clean my nose bled HEAVILY for about six months. I STILL have severe pain, but if you WANT to get clean it will be worth it.
I now have a clear head and now that I am not adding anymore pain to my body and one day it will heal.
Have faith in yourself because you can overcome this.
Have you tried going to a N/A group?
If you want to change your life, you will. :)
Everyone has different physical withdrawals. Mine is a pain in my chest and restless legs. Sometimes my legs hurt so bad I punch them as hard as I can. Which doesn't help by the way.
I also am going through the exact same thing...Have you gotten any advise on how to stop the snorting? If so please let me know.

Thank you,
capefear
have been doing a lot of blow recently and am ready to stop or take a break my nose feels like everything is dry and stuck on the inside of my nose. My nose also keeps running clear snot and I. Pretty sure I have a cut at  bottom left nostril. What could be cut this the coke for that to happen? And I feel like I need to keep it moisturized is it okay to use ky jelly if its waterbase?
Hydrocodone for about 3 years. Have stopped all except what it takes to put the fire in the middle of my face out. I hate it and want to stop completely but cant sleep or function due to face pain and burn. Went to ER a few weeks ago and they cant seem to help.
Yes the pain comes from doing it and yet doing it numbs the pain. Its Hydrocodone and in researching I see a lot of people have the same problem but no amswers. The pain is tremedous, the longest I have made it was 3 days and it got worse and worse. Even ER did not help me.
I did suboxone also. It is not a withfrawal thing it is a pain/burn thing. I have no withfrawal symtoms (symptoms) but the pain/burn in my face is so bad I can not function. I went to ER and they did not even help me. I am also stuck and dont know what to do. I hate it and want to stop so bad so I can live a normal life. Wish you much luck as I do my self.
Suboxone treatment is the best way to stop and not have the withrawals.
Nobody got the burning to go away
Please if you got the pain to feel better please share what u did.
I had the same pain from snorting pills. My face was burning I had sever tooth pains. I figured out it is a sever sinus infection. I had a bottle of anti biotics I never used. started taking them and the pain started easing away the next day! I hope this helps someone. AlsoIf you continue to snort pills use the opposite side of which u were using when the pain occurred. I used the same side and the pain started again a couple months later. Started taking anti biotics again and it went away!
This is a pretty old thread...if you want go to the top of the page and click on post a question to start a new thread...that way we can find you easily :-)