need advice, i just came clean to my parents about my addiction
716
so, as hard as it is to tell my parents that ive been abusing oc for years now was the hardest thing ive ever done.  i have stolen from them, lied to them, and sold meaningful things to feed y addiction.  i always felt bad about it but not bad enough.  i think i finally hit rock bottom when i got caught stealing $1000 dollars from them not allowing them to pay their bills.  these are the people who adopted me as a baby and loed me when nobody else wanted to and it kills me.  i cant explain how good of parents i have, they still stand by me and are trying to help me after what ive been doingto them.    i was at at least 160mg of oc at once and they are willing to hold my oc and taper me off till next week so i can take days off of work.  need advice on a good 7-8 day taper from 160mg.  my plan was 160, 80, 60, 60, 40, 40, 20, 20mg over 8 days, is this too fast?
If u can handle it if you need to make adjustments where u can have you or your parents dicussed your problems with your doctor .also u are going to nedd recovery care to stay off the drugs aa/na a therpist something to get to the root of your use part of which might be feeling having to do with adoption ....i was adopted as a baby as well so know some of the feelings it can leave behind
I have 43 days clean and I am an oxycontin addict. About 2 months ago I got caught stealing a lot of stuff. You're doing the right thing. I would most recommend some sort of recovery program for sure. You will not be able to do this alone. The best part is you don't have to do this alone. Not everyone needs rehab but I suggest you check something out like avisg said. NA atleast. Go there 10 times..if someone hasn't reached out to you after that....ask for a sponsor. talk to someone, anyone. it may very well save your life. It saved mine. I was living out of my car and was very close to death or jail. Sobriety is way worth it.

As far as your taper....Don't waste that 160mg in one shot for the first day. I understand wanting to get high one last time but it will not be worth it. Try 100mg decrease by 10mg each day until gone. Try and get down to 5mg as well. Make sure you are always dosing closer to bed time so your body can rest and recover better. Sleep is so huge. Hot baths, relaxing music, and funny movies help. Good luck.