Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
need help! please!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

need help! please!

I'v smoked marijuana last weekend and it affected me pretty badly, so i went to sleep like 20 mins after smoking. (i smoked very little, by a joint)
since then i find it hard to concentrate, and it feels like i drank a small glass of whiskey and just stayed with the feeling of it.
it's like you wake up in the morning and you're a little blurry.
that's how i feel since then, and it's been 5 days since then already!
i'll never ever smoke marijuana again, but i need to know that someone has experienced the same thing and went through it.
the thought of me, staying with this feeling for the rest of my life is SCARY!!!
can someone help? advise?
any help or info would be very appreciated!!

p.s.
the weed was self grown by a good friend
so there were no extra stuff in it (thank god)
I think you need to go see a doctor. Something does sound right.......
I stopped smoking (again) about two weeks ago. But I've been a pothead for 40 years. The first week after stopping was hell. I really thought I was about to die. After that first week I felt 1000% better.

Give it a few more days, and if you're still feeling lousy, go see your doctor. Home grown pot can be extremely potent and it can stay in your system for a long time. Even after a month it'll still show up in a drug test.

Eat some bananas to get potassium, Instant Breakfast for some nutrients, and plenty of fluids to keep hydrated. Very unlikely that you've done anything permenent by smoking once.

Hope it passes quickly and you feel better soon.
that does not sound normal...i think  someone might of put something else in it...just my opinion..Or something else is wrong, and you need to see a doctor ASAP..
Good luck
r2r
That does sound a little strange.  I never have liked to smoke weed very much but when I did, I could take two hits and have anxiety for 2 days afterwards.  It was weird.  I think that's why I never got into smoking.

5 days seems like a long time to still be feeling the effects of it.  

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you.
Avatar n tn
Dont worry, i think you just had a bad trip .. i knw exactly how you feell .. once i had a really bad trip and i constantly felt as if i was in a dream for about a week .. it calmed down a lot .. but then it felt as if it was still haunting me .. its been a month now and i keep forgetting where i am and sometimes paniking but i know ill get through it if i just stay strong ..
good luck!! Think .. Tomorrow is another day .. !
the affects of marijuana can last 1-2 weeks after smoking, but you do return to normal.
yeah, no more doctor feel good.  Just a real doctor.
My friend had the same thing occur. He smoked weed once, and he has never been the same. He calls it bubble brain? I think it's called depersonalization or derealization. Look them up. If that's how you feel, I don't know what to tell you. I can ask him whatever you'd like to know, but I don't know first hand.