Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
needd immediate help

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

needd immediate help

Hi. I am 22 years old and have been abusing a cough syrup on a regular basis since last 2.5 years.  Corex Surup a product of pfizer limited....it has condine phospate....in it..... I jst want to get rid of this problem ne how r at ne cost.....

i will be going for my pilot trainning in May...that also to a different country....as it is kow to every 1 tht every pilot goes through n number of medical checks... i also got my urine, blood test done bt there was nothing in it.... nd this also had increased my weight to about 8-9 kgs.... now i m eally serious for my carrier n life......plzzzz people help me and suggest me ne medicine if there is ne required to control the withdrawl (withdrawal) effect....... help help.....
hi mandy, I dont know anything about this med but you are in the right place.. have you tried to google the med and see what it says? I sorry im not much use and wish i could help more but maybe someone will come on shortly that can give you better help... good luck x
This is a great forum with lots of support and information...I just do not have any on that particular med.  As with every med...follow some simple detox guidelines...check out some posts and journals.  A lot of the detox methods are widely used.  But I have no knowledge at all regarding yours so always be careful...someone soon will help more -
Best of luck
You have the first step done, you want to quit.
You have the second step done too, a plan for your life and a backup force to help you stay off.

Depending on how much you have been taking on a regular basis, you may need to taper. Is there a medical professional that you can trust to help you make sure that rapid reduction of this product won’t harm you.

I would understand your reluctance to seek official medical help and have it on your record. Those of us have been a pilot, understands the FAA rules on narcotic use and addiction. With that said, please be aware that being a pilot, especially a commercial pilot is an awesome responsibility and I would be remiss if I didn’t ask you to think about the mental part of the addiction and what influence it could have on the safety and lives of others.