Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
neurontin for tram w/d's?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

neurontin for tram w/d's?

I know people have taken neurontin for hydro w/d's and it helped,I wonder if it would work for tramadol w/d's.Has anyone ever tried it?
I tried it.  It probably helps the RLS a little bit, but nothing will take the WDs away completely!  
Hi macks,

I remember you from before. It's been awhile since you have been on here. What is going on with you?
Will neurotin help with oxcicotin w/d????????????????????????
Same answer as above.  It helps opiate WD in that it helps RLS but nothing else.  At least not for me!  Neurontin isn't something you just want to get and take for a while and stop.  You need a doc to supervise it and taper you off after the WDs subside unless you're taking it for something else, in which case you would just stay on it.
Hey Gizzy how are you?I am doing ok.I have a problem with these darn tramadol's and want to put a end to it.I used neurontin for the vicodin w/d's a long time back and they worked pretty good.I slept,no body pain or rls.It has been a while since I used it.I remember not feeling like 100% but it was way way better than going cold turkey for me.I remember it making me feel drowsey some what and I remember my feet would tingle but other than that it worked well for me.I think I would take 3 300 mg a day and did it for 12 days and then droped the neurontin.The person that told me to try it told me to take at least 900 mg a day of it.That sounds like a lot but for neurontin that is not a very high dose.Now I am trying to get rid of the trams and wonder if the neurontin would work to help out some.The only think that I wonder about is the antidepressent quality that the trams have and wonder if the neurontin would help with that part of the med too.As long as I can go to work I do not care about anything else.I know I am not going to feel like myself right away and I know I will need vitamins and such but if it can help even a little I am willing to try it again.I just wondered if anyone here ever tried it before.Thanks for the replys
Glad your gonna put an end to this. Welcome back and hope to see you keep posting.
Thanks Gizzy.How have you been?Glad to see your still around.
Yup I am still around, 3 years here now wtf, time flies lol. Im doing good, but went through a lil rough patch a few days ago. Not all days can be good right? Keep in touch, we are all here for you.