Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
nicotine patch dreams!!!
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nicotine patch dreams!!!

along with all the other bad habits i am trying to quit, i figured i may as well add smoking to the list since i feel crappy and nuts anyway. i put a patch on yesterday and wore it to bed. i'm not sure if i hated it or if i can't wait to do it again tonight. i have always had very vivid and sometimes full length motion picture type dreams.(is there a forum for that?) this was so crazy because i couldn't tell i was asleep! any thoughts?   sway
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Are you sure it's from the patch? Dreams are so common after quitting drugs and scary ones too. Are you back on the pills or have you stayed clean? We should have a dream forum, some crazy **** going on inside this head, lol. Last night i had some good dreams though, haha.

P.S. So you want to add on to your craziness by quitting smoking too, good luck to ya, lol. I like reading your posts. Hope you are doing well.
Blank
675923_tn?1296241611
Oopps - I had the same thing happen to me when using the patch. Do Not Wear The Patch to Bed!!! After all, did we smoke while we were sleeping? Take it off at bed then put a new one on first thing in the morning. Sweet dreams should return.

~ El
Blank
I am using the patch now and I've been having those weird dreams where I would wake up from my dreams 4 times in a night and when I do go back to sleep, the dream continues where it left off.
Blank
228936_tn?1249097848
Keep up the tough work of quitting smoking. It gets easier soon. I believe and have seen some new research that people who have quit drugs or alcohol have a better chance of staying sober if they quit smoking too. It's all tied together, all these addictions. I wouldn'r suggest quitting smoking at the same time as dope though. I glad I quit last years and feel better and more mentally balanced.
Blank
Dreams are very common with the patch,it may even say so somewhere on the box. As far as wearing it at night ,no we dont smoke during the night so like pills when you wake in the morn your tanks empty so to speak so your desire to smoke is at its highest. By wearing the patch thru the nite it keeps a certain amount in your system so you wont crave so much in the morn.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...