Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
norco help

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

norco help

ive been taking vicodin/Norco (5/10) for 8 years, im 27 years old, at first it started to take the edge off using meth and to help with shoulder pain. i was taking 1 vicodin once a day then twice a day. For a few years i was using on and off no big deal. then i was up to taking 1 norco at work to get me through my shift (i hated my job). i became pregnant 3 years ago and starting having siatica pain i was still filling my RX but not taking vicodin on a daily basis or half a norco a day. once my daughter was born i found myself with close to 1000 vicodin pills and this is where i started to go outta control. i was going through a break up with the father of my daughter and was using vicodin to ease the pain. i found out i have 2 herniated discs which cause severe pain and disable me. i was admitted to the hospital and the DR had me taking 1 norco to ease the pain but it wasnt working so i started taking 2 norco at a time i went from taking 1 vicodin a day to now taking 20 norcos a day (i take about 2 norcos 8-10 times a day and sometimes even 3 norcos at a time). im find im spending $600-800 a month on extra norco because my DR only RX  120 pills a month. its very upsetting to know i could be using this money for my daughter yet i cant seem to shake this addiction. i dont even know where to start! HELP
Welcome,,,,for starters you're not alone,...,..

We all come in here pretty much the same way...

I started with a doctor at first...then  tolerance builds...what used to do the trick now takes twice as much,,,then  script will be short...then you know the rest......

to start,,,,,read old posts if you have time.....a lot of good info in them..some from people that arent around anymore....

make some girlfriends,,,a lot of cool ones here....

make a plan,,,,,set a date .....let us know,,,,we are with u 100%

Free~
Hi emptysound ,
Good start finding this site , Post your questions , people who have been where you are themselfs and ended their addiction will give you ,advise , support , lot's of help .
If you follow their advise you can live drug free again .
You Just have to want it real bad , the people here will help you do the rest .

I am on Day#29  no Norco , Was takeing 100mg a day 50 days ago .
this site offered advise , support , hope , without it i was as lost as you are now .
You can recover to....  
Some say cold turkey others say taper first
Check with your Dr. tell him or her the whole truth ask what they advise .
This site doesn't allow the posting of taper plans
If you are advise to taper , message me and i will tell what i did and how it went for me . Ron
do stick around....you're welcome here,
Welcome empty, Your story sounds similar to most of the members here. No one wakes up and says, "Hey, I think I'm going to be an addict for a living". It is a very sly and sneaky disease. One day, just as you did, you've had enough of having a pill bottle run your life. Not to be a downer, but it only gets worse. You've taken the first step by reaching out and wanting to get your life back to it's pre drug state. GOOD FOR YOU. Have you thought about asking your Dr. to help you? I understand you have a 3 year old, is there support at home to make this easier? Either way, you can do this , it will just take being able to surrender to the physical and fighting the mental at the same time. Tell us more about your work/childcare help etc. and what your thoughts on quitting are...c/t, taper/detox facility. We are here to help. I promise, it will be worth all your efforts and your child will get his/her mom back to her settled self. I'll check for you later, hang in there ok. xx