Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
not a question, really, an introduction !!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi...

I want to introduce myself as I have been one of those "lurking" on this site for about a month.  I am a recovering Vicodin addict and want to say thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences and your stories....it has given me strength and knowledge on a daily basis.  On April 18th I will have 6 months clean and I am so proud !!  I originally came across this site looking for answers to how Methadone is used for Vicodin withdrawal as a family member also addicted was given this in her detox and I didn't understand why and how it would work.  Now I am addicted to the site !!  If I can be of help to anyone just ask......  would love to share some of what I have learned and I agree with most of you that AFTERCARE is the key to success.....  we never really "have this" without support.  The demon is always lurking....waiting for us to be vulnerable so it can POUNCE !!!  
Thanks and Bless you all !!!  
Thanks for sharing and stick around ! its nice to have new people here always !  Jimmy
Hey, it is nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing you help others! It is so important for your continued sobriety to be involved as much as possible and I think you will have positive contributions that will help others as well.
hi, its great you are clean now, you did exactly what i did, i lurked a lot, and it helped me through my withdrawals etc, then i joined, i think its a really great place, and it helps keep me clean, its a good thing to be addicted to,lol, its really nice to meet you, god bless,   sudie