Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
nurofen plus and codeine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

nurofen plus and codeine

Hi I have known I have a problem with codeine addiction for a few years now ,I feel lethargic and just can't be bothered with anything.I go to work and do my job Ok ,but as soon as I'm home I just want to sit and watch Tv .I am prescribed 200 x 30g codeine phosphate per month (initially for a back problem that went a long time ago) and take 4 two or three times a day until they are gone - usually 14 days ish then buy nurofen plus amend get through a box of 32 every day till the day comes when I can get some more codeine phosphate .I am not proud of my addiction and even whilst writing this I'm not even sure if I want to stop.any advice is welcome
Hey Friend,
I think you are writing this because you know you want to stop?
Where can it go from here? It can only get worse. My advise is to jump off now and get that life into you.

Hugs,
Lily
yeah, the apathy and feeling lethargic are symptoms of our addiction... it will only get worse.. I know, we all know the fear of quitting, of living without our crutch in life but it is also our destruction, the sooner you quit, the sooner you are saving your life so please, jump and make the decision... You can read the thomas recipe ( health pages, bottom of the screen) where you will find some advices to go through wds and you will have the support from us... keep posting :)
Hi and Welcome,

I can fully understand where you are coming, however what you have described is addiction in its true form. I suggest you search and read about codeine addiction on these forms there is a lot on here. Even have a look at what I've posted. I'd consider a taper to lower dose before you take the jump.

However you need to make the first step of wanting to stop, everyone one here will help you once you have made that decision and will be there each step of the way. I too, am happy to help you through this.

It may also be helpful to talk to your doctor has a plan get off codeine.

Keep us updated.
Cheers Lily I am thinking of trying to find a local addiction group where I can meet people who have taken the first step .I need help I know that,but I'm no where near telling my Doctor who may stop my prescription .I live in a fairly large town so I'm pretty sure there will be face to face help about ,Thanks for replying tho x
Thanks to all who have replied ,I'm shocked at the number of people who are living through this ,but kinda comforting to know I'm not alone if that makes sense
no, you are not alone, we will be here for you every step of the way.

If you want to quit you are going to have to cut all ties to the drug, owtherwise you will relapse.

Hope you make the right choice and jump off now before its years and years wasted.

Hugs,
Lily