occupying my mind
I am wondering what does everyone do to try n stop the obsessive thinking when u are trying to taper (tramadol) I am not in any WD but I find myself still trying to justify having more pills (I have taken my dose for the day (6).  I am trying to stay busy at work and am thinking of starting up an exercise program.  I keep thinking "if I only had a few more I would feel great"  I guess I need to learn to live w/out the high.  I dread the day I run out completely.  I really want to be successful.  I had wanted to get pg and then stop but since my seizure last week the time to stop is now.  I had read a post earlier about ppl quiting CT when they got pg.  I did this once before w/ liquor and cigs.  I just thought this would give me a good reason to quit.  I have to fill out an "incident report" for work regarding my seizure. It is soo humiliating.  I keep reminding myself it could happen again and maybe next time I won't be so lucky.
trami , it could happen agian it really would help if you took the pills through out the day ,this is just going to make it harder on you if you take them all by 1:00. I am sure it has to be humiltiating filling out the paper work . You have to just worry about getting better . I dont want to see you have another  seizure. exercise is such a good idea thats how I did it ,it made it soooo much easier.
Feel free to PM me if ya ever want to chat.
Avis
Your mind trying to tell you and justify taking more pills is just another way your mind trys to trick you. I call it "mind games". Thats always been a issue with me. I'll get over the physical part and then its like your brain starts fighting harder to get you to take more. Your mind wants those pills, your mind has grown accustome to thinking, solving, and working on those pills so now that your mind doesnt have them its not sure how to react or how to feel. Its not used to being sober or feeling clear so it wants to get back into the "comfort" zone. If that makes any sense.lololo.
It will tell you all sorts of lies like " just one pill wont make that big of a difference"...just one more for this time only...you could get so much done if you only took one more. ..Its hard getting through these times but you just have to stay strong and keep fighting it. Vent here if you want. We all know what your going through and we all understand. You saying how lucky you were with that seizure is right. It might NOT come out ok like that if it happens again. Stay strong, and keep fighting. There IS light at the end of the tunnel!! It WILL get better:)