off to first NA meeting
I'll let you know how it went.  g
Wow ! Thats great. This is day 1 ? right.   Don't expect too much from yourself in the next few days.  Make sure you push the fluids, it's very easy to dehydrate while detoxing.  If you lose your appetite, try some Boost (I drank SlimFast it's cheaper and full of vitamins)  Also bananas will help with muscle cramping.  Let us know how N/A went.  Hugs,   Mary
GOOD for you!!! I think the sooner people get some tools under their belt for learning how do deal w/ life clean and sober...the better their chances for staying clean and sober are!!
let us know how it went...If you feel you didn't relate at this mtg...check out another...they all have  a lil' different flavor altho they teach( for lack of a better word)the same program...find one you feel comfortable at.....

keep posting....
How did it go? If you don't mind me askin...what was your DOC? Mine is/was vicodin. When i first stopped i went to an NA Meeting. I went one time. I felt very out of place. I was the only "pill popper" there. I know there are many different meeting to choose from but honestly I found this forum and it has helped me more than i could have ever imagined. Stick around. You will see how great everyone here is and are so willing to help. I have made so many friends here. I plan on sticking around here till they make me leave! LOL!! Welcome!
The meeting went well..  There were people from all walks of life.  and many different doc.
I felt very loved there but i am also going to another meeting at 6 today.. Some people have been going to these for years..  g
glad you felt loved there, not having a comfortable group would make you not want to go. keep up the progress. staying clean is the hard part. gettin clean is the easy
I went to one tonight as well...been slacking and it is important I have found to go...I actually tried 5 groups until i found this one..it is an AA group for ladies...sweet people....I dont say  I am Laura I am an alcoholic tho...i just say i have an illness similar to yours...they know and many there are both...good going!
Laura: YOU can say you're an addict...i go to an AA mtg. also...i say "I am a recovering alcoholic/addict"

gundo: Glad the mtg/.went well for you and I'm happy to see your're going to try another one!!!  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!      It "works" if you "work" it!!!
congrats, going to these meetings is a huge step and walking in the first time can be tough, i was so nervous. so happy to hear you were comfortable there, N/A is a great support group and i need to go back to some meetings. i relapsed when i first went and the guilt ate me up. you are doing the right thing, best of luck.
With all this wonderful caring support i can't fail..  I won't let up on meetings, family support and of course all here who have been so supportive...  gundo