one week down HA
ok so im no stranger to detox. i actually went through all of this about a year ago. went to a rehab facility. made it about 120 days before relapse.
spent about 6 months on the train this go round before catching myself and wanting OUT.
may seem like a long time for some. but i have been struggling with opiate dependency for about 5 years now. so at least i caught myself a lot quicker this time.. right?
anyway here i am on 7 days clean and i feel muuuuuuch better than i did a week ago. still cant sleep, and my back aches like hell. other than that i cant complain about too much!
i think the last time it took about a week for me to start getting to sleep. this time was a shade worse as far as what i was taking, so im wondering if that one magical night is coming soon or not lol. by magical night  i mean where i can sleep for at least 4 hours straight.
stay positive. if i can do it, ANYONE can do it.
Congratulations!!  I had trouble sleeping too, and I think it took a couple of weeks to straighten out.   Can't stay awake now.   I think I will watch some tv and I fall asleep instead.
Are you doing anything with recovery care?

Congrats on 7 days clean!
well the place i went to last year was great. its free, and faith based. best thing i have done for myself in my 26 years i think.
this week i have just been hanging with my parents. they are on my team. but i have called back and am on the waiting list to get into the same facility. im hoping by next saturday ill be able to go for 10 weeks, possibly more, not sure whats best for me yet..
i have never legitimately gotten any pain meds. i have always just been 'that guy' who liked to be high all the time. eventually i found opiates and they destroyed me.
i have GOT to beat this thing. and i will. god willing and the creek dont rise, ill win.
You can do it.   Don't give up!!  Good luck on getting into the facility.
7 days, great job! A good night's sleep is just around the corner, shouldn't be long now, I think my first night of 6 hours was at about 10 days, and then after 15 days I was sleeping 8 hours. I am on day 29 and I still wake up every couple of hours, but I can go right back to sleep no problem.

Hve you checked out the Thomas Recipe?

keep up the good work, 7 days is great!
hugs,
Lilly
Ha, I like your descript...."A shade worse" .  If you are 7 days out, you may just need the outpatient help right? Very proud of you for catching this nonsense early. You are so young. You don't want to go thru life in and out of detox. Keep posting and go hug your parents. Many are not as supportive as yours....Luck to you...
Glad to hear your parents are supportive!  That is always a huge plus.  Hopefully you will get in to that facility soon.
i have been going over in my head if i just need some sort of outpatient care. will i really learn that much more by going back? i think i know whats right in my head, i just have to make my actions reflect that. full time.
i can just remember being the happiest and healthiest i have ever been after i got out last time. i want that back.
there is no place on this planet like hebron colony. that mountain changes lives. ive seen it. i have felt it. i just dont want to be going back for the wrong reasons.. nor do i want to take a bed from someone who would benefit from being there more.. its still in the air. although i have no intention on using again, i dont trust myself on my own yet.
fine mess we get ourselves into isint it?
Is that in NC?
sure is :)
Ok, I get it. I could throw a stone there right now and hit it....Amazing place....go back if you can. xx