opiate addiction
I'm new here and just wanted to say what wonderful people you all seem to be!  I'm starting my first day opiate free, and it is tough, but I'm determined.  My Dr. prescribed Librium to help with withdrawals.  Has anybody any experience?  Does it help at all?  Thanks!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have never heard of Librium, but good luck!  Stay strong and you will begin to feel like your old self soon enough.
You know, I was desperate to get off of opiates, I hated taking them, yet I kept on taking them, and when I finally had to sit in front of my doctor and take my first dose of Subutex I cried. I cried because it felt like I was breaking up with my best friend - you know the best friend who is a bad influence but you love them anyway?

I am on day 9 and I am not looking back - and this forum is amazing. A really great support system.
Do you have the support of your family?

Keep on posting - questions, comments, updates.

And be proud of yourself.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
303824 tn?1294875001
I don't know anything about Librium, but i wanted to post to bring your question back up to the top in case someone else can answer it for you....

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi Sarah,

Librium is a benzodiazepine, a class of drugs used primarily to treat agitation and stabilize mood, particularly in cases of acute anxiety (like when going through a crisis, such as withdrawals, or before surgery).  Klonipin, Xanax and Valium are some other benzos you may have heard of.   I think it will help quite a bit with those aspects of your withdrawal, and maybe help you to get some sleep, too.  It's powerful stuff, though, and habit forming, so use with caution.  

Good luck!
Magpie
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
306455 tn?1288865671
Very happy you have made the decision to get clean. You have some ruff days ahead of you, so be strong. It will be well worth the effort. Keep us posted on your progress. We'll help you thru this.
Good luck,
Magi
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank