Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
opiate addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

opiate addiction

i am addicted to opiate since last one year. i tried to quit it on couple of ocassion. i suceeded too but messed up time and again.my addiction is more psychological than physical.i have linked my addiction to all my important works for example if i had to study i take my dose so that i could concentrate more and spend long hours studying, if i go to gym i use it so that i could do more physical workouts.my problem is that i think i use drug only  for constructive purposes and  not to abuse it. i don't know how can i come over this psychological barrier of my addiction. plz advise me.thanks
first i think you need to realize your addicted. these "reasons" you are using are just that reasons. they are the way u are justifying taking the opiates. i dont know pills, just addiction. and the mental part is the hardest with my doc  cocaine. you need aftercare and some other things to stay clean. ru still using, have you detoxed, where are you in ur journey?
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for help and support.
What is your doc(drug of choice) and how much do you take?
How long have you taken it?
yeah i am still using it and really want to quit it.i don't say that there would be no physical withdrawal symptoms but the biggest hurdle in my journey to detox and stay clean is psychological. i am tapering off my doses and have achieved some success too. i have given my self a month to wean off and then go for ct.
i am using opium  2 time a day .  i have just eliminated my pm dose. after little bit discomfort now i am feeling much better and would continue to weaning off.one step at a time.
have you ever gone a whole day without taking the opiate?  Which opiate is it?
Sounds like you have a plan..What are you using? and how much per day?
if you have the will power to wean then you should do ok with w/d's
r2r
You will soon know if you are addicted physically as well if you try and quit and cut your dose as you are doing now....mental addiction is really the worst part tho....I was physically and mentally addicted...keep posting...curious....Do you smoke opium? I havent seen that one on here much...pure opium?
Not something I have ever seen in the hospital so just curious:
Opium is a narcotic formed from the latex (i.e. sap) released by lacerating (or "scoring") the immature seed pods of opium poppies (Papaver somniferum). It contains up to 16% morphine, an opiate alkaloid, which is most frequently processed chemically to produce heroin for the illegal drug trade. The resin also includes codeine and non-narcotic alkaloids, such as papaverine and noscapine. Meconium historically referred to related, weaker preparations made from other parts of the poppy or different species of poppies. Modern opium production is the culmination of millennia of production, in which the source poppy, methods of extraction and processing, and methods of consumption have become increasingly potent
I'm new here too, but welcome...
You will find a lot of answers here and a lot of support. I know I have. No one in my life knows my situation or story. Finding this site was a blessing. You will find yourself reading these posts saying "Yeah!!! That's me!! They sound like me...That's what I'm going through or That's what did!" It's very refreshing not to feel alone. You are in good company here.
Just an fyi, I am tappering and almost done. Like you, I planned a dose around the time I had to do chores so would feel like doing them and get them done and maybe a few more. I completely understand your psychological aspect. Totally. How are we going to fix that? No warm baths will do it for that...
Let's figure it out..
i dont think he is new.  i think he uses opium husks.  he has posted here several times.  he puts it in a drink.  not something we have in the us.  maybe he will come back and give more info.
wow ive smoked opium a several times when i was younger. it was crystalized opium and we put it on weed. i had no clue it had all that worried. great info there
ahhh.ok...
.well i'm heading to bed soon...and cathy...it says you went to bed...can't sleeP?
well, i got up for another smoke...and being addicted to this forum like i am, i jum[ed right back on  lol
mmmmm now i am like gotta go to bed...feel the same way sometimes about the forum....hours can pass   nite
yeah cathy u r right i have here once in a while.i used poppy husk too as it sustitutes my opium addiction at times when i run out of it.poppy  husk and opium r the two sides of the same coin. in my country of origin use of poppy tea is very popular as it has great medicinal powers,it could cure flu and pains. this is a great place here u guys r so supportive i just feel home here.i need every body,s support to get myself out of this hell.
i totally agree...After a yr on here, you would think i had enough!! nope totally addicted to this forum....I just hope that i can help at least one person , like everyone has helped me!!!
r2r
r2r

I'm that one person!!!

I brushed my teeth and came back...any taper plans for medhelp forum?
r2r , you help more than one person a day!! i have been glued to this site pretty much since i found it. but hey , as long as i am here im not somewhere i shouldnt b. never took a laptop on a relapse!! hairy, glad you are posting, and tho i dont know your addiction like some, i will do anything i can to help ya along. if ya just need to talk , or scream, ill listen. best of luck to ya and keep us updated
thank u very much new..... i have given my self a month to wean off my opium doses and after that i would just stop it ,if everything keep on moving smooth.just keep on guiding me plz even if u don't know much about my kind of addiction. u know addiction is addiction the only difference is that it come from different categories.
thats the bottom line, and brother i know addiction. are you with other users? you said its acceptable in your country, so that is gonna be hard right there. like quittin alcohol or tobacco in her in the states. if it is readily accessible, then we as addicts have to step up our vigilance. LMK if you have any questions i can help with, i know wut is working for me. message me if ya need to    much love
thank u very much new... can i plz write u my brief history of addiction?
Of `course you can write that!!!  Go for it....
when i was in my country of origin( i am out of it since 5 years) i used to use opium once in a while but i used alcohol a lot as it is  a very much socially accepted in my country.when i came to this country i just drank over the weekends(heavily) week days i never touched it. i never kept the company of drug users or alcohlics.i always drink my self.u see i had problem with alcohl only in my past.then two years back i got married in my country of origin. i have a very supportive and essentially good natured wife.she is pure vegetarian and never like to be arround a person who drink. she has strong reservations about it. she made it clear to me right from the very first day.last year she joind me here in this country (canada).before 2 weeks of her joining me i decided to quit drinking for 6 month.( i am committed to it till date) wat i thought that by the time she would come to know me that i don,t drink during the week and and work very hard and this way she would not mind of my drinking over the weekends or ocassionally. to substitute my weekend drinking i started using opium or poppy husk(only weekends)and slowly slowly i start using 3 times a week.then i joined part time studies and i had a full time job too.so i entertained the idea that i would use it for a shor period of time and stop it after that.it been a year since and i am still using it. its a small narcotics. honestly i never tried to stop it completely and to see what the withdrawl (withdrawal) hell would do.i just heard the addiction stories and i am scared enough too stop it abruptly.any advise plz
I haven't taken any of your DOC but the w/d's are no fun and i think that we all agree there is no reason to sugar coat anything. You can do it though this is beatable and staying on this site and making all these new friends that can truely understand what you are going threw is the best thing! Good luck and I wish you the very best!