Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
opiate addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

opiate addiction

i am now taking about 20 10 mg percosets a day for about 2 years i am going out of my mind i am about to have my first baby in 1 week i have to detox i cant go to rehab is there any one out there who could give me advice how i could detox at home with out loosing my mind

please some one help me
read all the posts and can someone please give him the thomas thing for detoxing read that and follow it hope it works and good luck
what is this thomas thing i keep hearing about?
There are outpatient Detoxes available. Look up Suboxone Doctors in your area. Either a Suboxone Doctor or a Naltrexone Doctor. Those are two effective ways to quit opiates with minimal w/d....

Good luck and continue to come to this forum...many on here will befriend you and help you in your time of need.

Also, Look up the Thomas Recipe...That will help you out with some energy...as u will need it..

Good Luck...
PLEASE READ HER POST PEOPLE.  She is about to have her first baby in about a week.  The Thomas Recipe is DANGEROUS for a pregnant woman.  VERY VERY DANGEROUS.  You need to STOP dishing out generic advice about suboxine or the Thomas Recipe to everyone who posts here.  It's not the answer for everyone, particularly here.  Sedatives like valium could be DEADLY for a fetus.
If you are pregnant and taking that amount it is a very serious thing.  
PLEASES TALK TO YOUR DR AND BE HONEST, BE VERY VERY HONEST.
I am not trying to scare youu but the baby will most likelyy be born addicted and will have to go through withdrawals, which can be taken care of relatively easily BUT the doctors HAVE to know aboutit.
Also, if you are not honest and the baby IS born addicted they might get child services involved.
I wish I had kinder words for you and I wish I was able to tell you that things will be all right but I don't know that.
I was prescribed pain killers while I was pregnant but stopped WAY before delivery.
My heart goes out to you and you will be in my prayers but I think your ONLY optionis to COME COMPLETELY CLEAN with your ob/gyn so they can help the both of you.
PS
DO NOT detox now before the baby is born.  You can go into pre-term labor because of the stress it will put on your body.  Your best bet is to keep taking them and detox after the baby is born.
Keep reading keep posting

There is help and yhou can do this from home.lyou could use a support group around you at home and on here...but some dont have it at home I know

become honest and give in..There are a tons of ways of quitting its which one you pick

but be completly honest with yourself..

Happy Thoguths and Prayers
and welcome
you came to a good place
Love
C
I didn't see that you were a male.......
So forget allmost everything I said BUT I still thnk you should talk to your dr.  You won't be any help to your wife/girlfriend and the new baby if you're in physical anguish from withdrawing.
I needd help
I am currently incredibly addicted to any kind of opiate I can get. What I need the most help with is this terrible rls. I am about to lose my mind
This is a horrible and painful sickness. 17 years old and already addicted to vicodin. I broke my arm about 10 months ago playing football. What I can say is that there is a bright side. I feel like the pain and depression has made me a lot stronger in the end. I know I haven't been hooked as long as many people on here, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Many people say that you can't overcome this without medication. By my experience, I was able to overcome this by sheer will power. It gets better, why get off one pill just to get addicted to an even more addicting or more harmful pill.
I used to think addiction was just a made up thing, now I realize how naive I was. You will feel horrible for a bit, and you won't feel right for awhile, but like I said, it gets better