opiate withdrawal relief
what can i do to ease the PAIN and overall creepy crawling feeling of opiate withdrawals? i am going to attempt to go cold turkey. i have been taking just about any kind of opiate i can get my hands on. my 1st choice: oxycodone, oxycontin, hydrocodone; 2nd choice: morphine. have been regularly taking 140-180 mg. of opiates a day. what can i do for the withdrawls? i am a 48 YO woman and have high blood pressure and have panic attacks if i don't get the opiates into my system on a regular basis. i still have to work; can't take time off work but still need to be able to function.
Hi there this will be my first time without morphine in about 5 yrs and I'm scared of the withdrawl symptoms can anyone help me with what I'm to exspect?
Ya there is no way but the hard way sorry to say.I have been on 16 80 mg tabs of oxy for almost three years.thatian  1280 mg a day.The Canadian Government is cracking down on Scrips like this.For the last few months i cut myself down to 8 a day then to 2 then to one for a few days.Now for about a week i have been Oxy free .I Know it is very uncomfortable and border line madding.All worth it to be rid of this burdensome drug.
Hello sunny, be strong first off. While im only on day 3 Gabapentin, or Nuerontin as i also see it referred to as has so far been a miracle for me. I mean, i have had no choice but to detox a few times while waiting for refills, and it has always been absolute he double hockey sticks. I was prescribed the gabapentin after i had a seizure....yup and you can imagine what caused it. The gabapentin has been amazing, no rls, sweats, sleeplessness, nothing but a few chills throughout the day, and some sneezing. I dont know that this would work for you, but i wanted to share because anything that can help is worth sharing. Ive learned that we are surrounded by friends here, so hang in, and check in regularly, you will find so much support here xoxo s
glad to here someone just do it and quite complaining about wd its not the worst thing that can happen to you and its not permanent like losing a leg or something so i say to evryone out there just do it do the best you can if you fail try again eventualy youll get there
Find a doctor , any doctor , and ask to speak confidentally to him. Get a professional opinion. Opinions are free. Ask for his advice only. Maybe you could go to your boss and speak honestly and let him know you genuinely want help. You won't be able to hide it for long and at least you are being up front about it. Don't give up, you will get through this.
hey guys im 17years old and i was addicted for oxys for about a year snorting like 3 80s a day sometimes even banging em but i hated to bang em so i jus snorted em, the first day i took oxycotton my life went into a sprial down hill from there..i did things i despice things i thoght ill never do i did..i stole from my loved ones, and many people i did anytthing to get my nex fix it basiclly controlled me for a year listen.. oxycotton changed me as a person my freinds didnt chill with me and it hurt me and everything i did and everywhere i went i needed oxy it hurt me so much it hurt to see my dad and mom cry..i cryed to my self many times for becoming what i thought ill never be, so my mom decided to send me to england to detox and im oringally from canada my dads live in canada and mom lives in uk so i took a flight to england, and now currently im on day 3 of withdrawl, and i cryed everyday of my withdrawl and just want this **** to end man, u might say im weak, but i jus broke out and was very vulnerable and jus wished to go back to canada and grab another 80 but i knew this  was the best thing for me that itll be hard but itll be defiently worth it in the end, because i spent so much money on that **** man i sold weed to pay for my habit and it was ****** up man.. i spent atleast 20grand on this **** man, ima be in uk for about a month i hope when i go back to canada i dont turn to the oxys again, because thats the worst thing has happend to me and never wanna get addicted again... i hope i feel better on my 4th day but whatever il get through this i guess.. juss gotta be strong and handle this **** like a man, all that good i was feeling from the oxys is punishing me and now im gettng all that bad basiclly karma from what i did to everyone.. i jus wish this **** cud end man and im glad im not alone through this that actually makes me feel alot better to be honest, things i wud to help is take sleeping pills blaze up and benzos and **** drink alot of water man u need to flush that **** out of your system, take immodium for the *****, to be honest i didnt get the ***** but people do.. i got prescribed tramdol for my withdrawl, and been taking those.. i hope i dont withdrawl from those... would i? i dont know ****. but they barely help i still feel my withdrawl when i take em but whatever. i hope everyone gets off this devil drug, trust me this drug is the devil trust me when i say that, it takes the devil out of u too..i jus wish i never got onto this, because my brother was on it before me and he banged like 3-4 80s a day and only banged him, i guess i was doing better then him, but he went to england as well to detox and he told me his withdrawl lasted a month but i knowm ine wont he got back on it cuz i started doing it and i guess he got tempted to do it again, and me and him did 80s everyday and if we cudnt get that we gotta go get the other stuff, the H the herion yeah.. i was on methadone for about a week but kept relapsing so i guess sending me to uk was the only thing to make me quit and my brother quit, but hes in canda now on methadone and im in england detoxing, hes been clean for a while now from the oxy but hes still on the methadone, and i didnt wanna get on it cuz i kept relapsing so i jus went to uk to handle this **** and i am currently doing that as im typing this ****, i feel for all of u guys trust me i do.. i hope the best for everyone and hope that u guys get clean, peace out good luck -1-
As I read everyones stories I can't help but think that mine isn't as bad, but today is my first day of cold turkey. I weined myself off last week and it worked, but I live with my boyfriend who also does them and he got one, so obviously I did it with him... I have been hooked on perc 30's. My older brother was really bad with heroin for most of my life and I watched him go in and out of rehabs and go through the withdrawals which has scared me so I guess that's why I haven't gotten into anything worse.. But I am still pissed at myself for doing this. I have always been into pills here and there but it has been every day for almost a year now. I stopped for a week in october and only wanted 1 for the weekend that turned into doing them every day until today... I've asked my parents for money to get them, which they are struggling with money. I feel horrible. I used to be such an honest, goal oriented person, and now i have no friends really except my boyfriend who is my enabeler.. I am a college student that has school and work every day so I need to feel "normal" to get through my day. I am hoping I can be done with these though. I would say I have been doing about 60-90 miligrams of percs a day.. I think back and don't even know how it got that bad.. I am about to graduate college in December and landed an awesome job. I don't want to mess any of this up and I want to be CLEAN and feel the actual "normal" a person should feel.. As for tramadol, that stuff is awesome !! and it is non narcotic so it is not addicting, and you do not have withdrawals from it.. I wish I had some, or anxiety meds at least. That's the worse part to me.. The anxiety gets to me really bad and that's why I started using these because i felt like I could be social and in public without feeling anxiety. I also did them I think because I supressed the pain of my past, I've lost a lot of people close to me and have been through more trauma than anyone I know at least at my age. I know that is no excuse either. I am studying to be a psychologist so I can use my knowledge about this to hopefully work in a rehab center and help others.. I'm gonna try my best to be completely done for my families sake.. Wish me luck :/ ..
Hi This is a very old thread.If you want you can go to the top of the page and click on post a question and then yuo will have your own dedicated thread and lots of people will help and support you.Also,tramadol is an opioid and is a narcotic complete with withdrawal symptoms(actually horrible ones) of it's own.
I understand your position. When I went through the same, probation and a serious oxy addiction I finally got the nerve to be honest with my probation officer. I was worried she would throw me in jail. She didn't, she helped me get into a proper detox, and it was hard as hell but I have been completely oxy free for 123 days. I feel great and am starting to get my life, my health and my proper sleep back. Get the help you need before it is too late, and being honest as scary as it is, will be your best bet! Good luck
Narcotic withdraw/opiate withdraw is the worst feeling in the world, i would rather have a hundred babies and go through a hundred labors than ever feel like that again, well thats what I told myself after the first time I went cold turkey from any pill I could get my hands on, plus shooting morphine/dilaudid/fentanyl multiple times daily. But being an addict and completely ashamed of what I had done, I told no one and pretended I was sick for like 2 weeks, which I honestly was the sickest I had ever been in my life.  I don't know what was worse the constant restless legs, the sweats or the non-stop diarrhea.  It was the worst way to lose 27lbs ever.  Don't be fooled by doctors weaning you off with tramadol or subx, they are just as addicitve.  I am now going to very quickly be coming off tramadol, yeah its not narcotic but it is an opiate, and your body reacts exactly the same.  My advice is, stay hydrated, no matter how much you don't want to put anything in your body, lots of vitamins, and get some anxiety meds to help you sleep.  Also juice, benadryl if you get a tons of itching, but careful cause you can get hooked on that too.  Go to an NA or AA meeting or find a number and call someone, you don't need to know them.  They don't judge, and nearly all of them have been addicted to drugs and alcohol.  They are literally waiting for you to call so they can help you.  If you have medical problems like HTN and are embarrased to tell your doc about the addiction, make sure you are taking your BP meds on schedule and monitoring your vitals.  Always make sure there is someone else around, even if they don't know why you are sick, just in case something goes really wrong.  Remember you are not alone, obviously you can find millions of people online that have been addicted to any substance and know what you are going through.  It felt impossible for me the first time, I think because I was using so heavily, but walk or run, it really is the only thing I have found that helps the RLS.  I would be in my basement pacing at 3am so I didn't wake up my husband and daughter.  You will get though it, it may be a few days, or you maybe like me and feel like hell for a few weeks.  But eventually you will pick yourself up, and fell better and wonder why you ever started in the first place.  When that happens, I strongly suggest you go to NA or AA, not much difference really.  Work a program and make friends who know your first name and don't care what terrible things you have done, they only want to see you succeed. Oh, and DO NOT FOR ANY REASON KEEP PILLS OR WHATEVER IT IS IN THE HOUSE JUST IN CASE! YOU ARE AN ADDICT, MAKE NO MISTAKE, OUR BRAINS ARE SICK, AND YOU WILL BREAK DOWN AND YOU WILL TAKE THEM TO RELIEVE THE DISCOMFORT AND YOU WILL JUST START ALL OVER ONCE THEY ARE GONE! Good luck, to anyone who reads this, its not comforting, but pray to whatever you call your higher power or whatever you believe in and you can do it.
i am going through detox from a doctor that i went to see today.  i walked off of a methadone clinic because they are just as bad as the drug dealers out there all they want is their money.  so do what this guy says and get some help with a doctor.  if you are serious in wanting help it is there you just have to find the right doctor good luck and i know that it ***** i have been through this many times and hopefully this will be my last.
I would like to say that I have struggled with addiction to opiates for 6 years now, and I am now 25. I'm one of those semi functional addicts, where my life almost seems 100% normal. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and finally figured out that this whole time, all these 6 years, I have been my own worst enemy. I chose to get high every day and blow my money. And I very well could have stopped myself. Ya it ***** for a couple weeks but damn, think of it...only two more weeks of suffering compared to how many more years if you don't quit?? You will be surprised, if you are one of those strong people, that once you stop and a month or two goes by, you'll notice that no matter how bad off you were when you were using, your life will seem so much better, quick. That guilt that you carry around every day, and that self pity is gone. You now are your own person again, in charge of your own life. You actually ARE HAPPY again, that happy feeling that you get naturally over little things come back and you start to fall in love with life again.It's AMAZING to realize that these pain killers only provide us one emotion, and that is euphoria, but its a fake happiness, and it's only one degree of happiness where as when your sober again, you get super excited by some things, while other things may give you butterflies....you get your excitement back. And I also realized that all this time I was depressed because the chemicals in my brain where ****** up. So I hope each and every one of you will atleast give yourselves a day of being clean and by the end of that day, realize that you made it through one day, and try another, and another, and before you know it, you're happy again. Everyone can do it, it's just a matter of wanting your life back bad enough, because it does come back. It does. It's up to you. Suck it up and grab some weed, some pepto, some icecream and sweat it out. Keep moving around, doing stuff helps keep your mind off it and with every accomplishment your hope starts coming back. Realize that you have to do this. I'm not a religous person, but I pray for everyone in this situation. You can do it.
I know how tuff it is to come off opiates its not the easiest thing in the world! But when your in cronic pain everyday and all the over the counter stuff doesn't work you really don't have a choice. My suggestion to you is ween yourself off the meds because if you just stop taken them the withdraw is horendious just start off with what u do then take away a few. Miligrams a day it might take u a while to do it but atleast you won't be going through major withdraws and that way your body will adjust to it
Hi, I have been on every opiate on the planet, I was in a catastrophic accident 5yrs. Ago(was hit thrown 80 feet on foot by a transport truck) I have God's Grace's on my side but am telling you. I've sold as well every opiate known to man. I am currently on Fentanyl Transdermal patches, and to just wear?, they are great!, too bad I don't just wear em .. Anyways due to a thief in my house, they went missing. I had to go to a methadone clinic & am on (immidiately) 20mg's of methadone. Now I don't feel as Hellish as b4 but still am a pile a ****. Tomorrow @ 12am(or later) I need to get my refill (Tuesday) but July 27th have a meeting w/ my pain Dr. and want to be put on Buprenorphine & subtext as I hear they are the best for opiate w/d's & pain mgmnt. I am on currently 150mcg's of Fentanyl
heroin wd. felt like i was dying for 5 days 6th day i felt better. your post is identical except i swang 7 days of 2 days of them on my schedule normally and i ****** up going into work sun feeling the sickness and wanted to function at work normally. mon i had off and messed around at 4pm now tomorrow i work and am scared ill start thw wd but if i can get through tues and wed thurs i have off and sat also possible i can detox 2 times in 2 weeks and still have my job. wish me luck
Hey it's Renee,
I live in Fairbanks Ak and I was an opiate addict for 10 years so I know what your going through but you can get better like I did... I'm on a methadone program and I've been on it since Febyary 4,2009... I've stayed clean... They have a methadone clinic in Anchorage Ak too it's on 4 th ave downtown righ next to the job center... I wish u the best of luck...
please stay strong angel. push through the pain so you can finally make it to a life with out constant concern of figuring out how to numb something out. face it and forgive yourself. you always have today. dont get tied up in the past and pine away. focus on the beauty of it all and push through. in our darkest hours its then that the light shines the brightest. im here if u need someone ***@****  sending wishes for love light and bliss <3
I have been addicted to almost every pain medication there is over the past 10 years I would say,the withdrawals are always terrible!about four years ago my adoptive mother passed away and a month later my daughter was born.from the point I found out I was with child up until almost a year ago I was sober and happy.my fiance lost his job and we were left with no choice but to move into my birth mothers house,she began bribing me with her tramadol to clean the house or pretty much do whatever she wanted.my life has been hell ever since the moment we moved here,I don't have the money to leave,I have told her several times to please stop giving them to me,to please stop bribing me.everytime she gets angey at me for anything she cuts me off and I'm forced to withdrawal hard.my daughter is my life and I manage to force a smile even when I'm suffering.not to mention I've never had a babysitter because of the awful things that happened to me as a child,I'm afraid someone will hurt her.I just want it to stop,I was doing so well and I still want to,I feel powerless and even though I keep saying no she still leaves them lying there every single day.I just don't know what to do
Every one says to taper down and get off of it? If your an addict like mysel, how do you stop yourself from taking all you can.
I was able to get off of a 7 year dependency/addiction of roxy's with no physical withdrawals. My Dr put me on a liquid cocktail, consisting of methadone, phenobarbital and clonidine. Each bottle contained one weeks worth and he would lower it by 10% every week. I did not get sick once. It's been over 2 years now and I occasionally still think about them... both emotionally and because I live in pain due to breaking my back and a massively failed surgery. But... after getting off of them, my pain was reduced by 50%. Worth checking into, as I've done c/t a few times, but this was a breeze. Just remember you will have PAWS and that can be difficult, but each day gets better.
Hey There scaredlittlegrl - I am also withdrawing right now. You have been through withdrawl once before in a rehab. You know what is coming for you. You are going to have to stand strong and say do i really want to be a junkie the rest of my life? Those words put in it really opens up this addiction to what it really is. These opiates should never be perscribed to anyone they are too addictive. They should be illegal. Stand Strong you can do this but I hope and pray you will push through this... Let me know how it goes....
I was on percs, 10/325 8 a day for 3 years, then put on dilaudid 6 a day and oxycontin  20 mg twice a day a couple months ago. I took my last oxycontin at 6am Monday morning, and it is now 1:38am Tuesday morning. Around 3pm Monday afternoon is when I started to feel the withdrawals. Not fun! Then around 11:30pm Monday evening I took 20 mg ridlin (adhd meds) to help take the edge off, which it did. Still doing alright. A lot of you talk about this withdrawal process lasting a couple of weeks. I hope not. I see my Doc on Wednesday morning. Maybe he will suggest another route to take instead of just stopping cold turkey :) We shall see. I was hoping there would be something over the counter I could take to help feel better. I did see the post about the berry motrin. I will have to try it. I have a positive outlook and I know I can do this! I started taking them for my lower back. I have djd, a bulging disc, and some other stuff. I rather deal with the back pain than be on pills forever :) Good luck everyone and may God be with you! Just keep in mind, this is mostly mental, so positive thinking is a must! The mind is a very powerful tool and can either do you in, or pull you through with no problems. That all depends on you and how you choose to think :)
It started for me with a construction related back injury . Taking 15 30 mg of the blueberries. I spent 10,000 cash and went to a 24 hour detox center in nyc . I was clean for 15 days . I think I take the pills to calm down and because they give me energy. I don't get ripped or high off of them. They do kill my pain . I was clean for 3 months with subs. Then I screwed up again . Now I am back on the subs . A 30 mg pill costs $25 bucks in nyc . I am tired of wasting my money . Good luck to all . My advice is take suboxone! And don't take a high dose !  And then get off of the subs !
i love ur post AMEN
I recently went through withdraw from Oxycontin 80,  Percocet 10/325, Backlofen 20, and Ambien.  (I took all of them except the Ambien three to four times a day) Ive had multiple back surgeries and still have genuine, chronic pain, and this is the reason Ive been on these medications for so many years. Now with that having been said, the reason  for my withdraw was because I am currently in between Dr.s.

Before I offer information on what helped me, I just want to point out that there is a difference between being dependent upon opiod medications and being addicted to them. (A wise Dr I had several years ago enlightened me about this) If you are addicted your road will be much harder than someone who is not abusing but simply using the medication as directed. I will also say, it is easy to go from dependence to addiction. The important thing is being able to identify which is which and be completely honest with yourself. Either way, if youve been taking this stuff regularly, you are going to have withdraw when you stop... the opiods dont discriminate when it comes to that!

Ok, moving on. All the things Im going to mention next are either things I was told by a Dr, a nurse, or is something I researched on my own and worked for me. Remember, everyone is different, and no matter what you do (besides taking more opiods) nothing is going to completely eliminate the symptoms. Im not a healthcare professional, this is simply what helped me stay as comfortable as possible.

1. IBUPROFERIN: Helps that awful creepy-crawly-restless- tense-twitchy feeling in muscles. (I took about 800 mg 3x a day and again if it got really bad at night)
2. NAPROXIN SODIUM:  Helps with the pain in general and is ok to take with the IBU. It makes a great combo because one is an analgesic and the other NSAID pain reliver. (at least thats my understanding of what I was told by a Dr. - I took 2-3, 220mg pills along with the IBU)
3. BENADRYL: The antihistamine helps with the runny nose and sneezing. The other ingredient (the one that makes you sleepy) will take the edge off of the anxiety, restlessness, and panic feelings. You can also use these to help with sleep. (Benadryl is also ok to take with the IBU and Naproxen. I took one Benadryl with each dose of the IBU & NS)
4. HOT SHOWER/BATH: Like many, I had huge problems sleeping. However, Id jump in the shower and get the water as hot as I could stand it and just stand in it for a while right before I wanted to try to sleep. For whatever reason it helps with the restlessness. Each night I did it, I got more sleep than the nights I didnt.
5. SLEEP AID: Get a bottle of over the counter sleep aid and take a couple before you lay down to try to sleep. Depending on if your system is used to taking stuff like this or not will dictate how well it helps you sleep.
6. IMODIUM: Take one or two of these a day to help with the diariah. It may also help keep the stomach cramps to a minimum.
7. STAY BUSY/EXERSIZE: If you can, get up and do something! Do anything! As long as youre moving your body parts its going to help not only keek you from going crazy watching the endless ticking seconds pass but also helps with feeling better overall. I found it especially helpful for that creepy crawly crap. It  keeps your mind busy and will also contribute to you being able to sleep a little better.
8. CANDY/CHEWING GUM: Your sense of taste may be screwed up for a while. (I think it has something to do with the opiods changing the Ph in your saliva? but dont quote me on that) I suggest stocking up on some of this to help with that wierd taste and (for me) cotton mouth feeling.
9. TAPER DOWN: If at all possible, try to cut the amount of opiods youre taking down over a period of time. For me I was only able to do it for ten days. I went from taking everything 3 or 4x a day to only taking 1 &12 x day. I did this for about the first five days. Then I cut my consumption from that to only taking a quarter of each pill 3x a day. Did this for three days, then I cut it again so I was only taking 1/8th of each pill 3x a day. Did that until it ran out. So basically, I went from taking three 80mg oxys a day to taking the equivelant of 10mg oxys three times a day. Idealy, a taper down should take much, much longer than this, but it was all I had (because I dont buy illegally) and had to make it work in my favor as much as possible. I believe even doing a taper down this quick allowed me to minimize the severity of my WD symptoms.
10.  EAT: Your appetite is going to be non existent but you *need* to eat. I made a point to eat as regularly as I would before quitting the opiods. Its important for a lot of reasons. First its going to help the diariah a little if your system has something in it to process. It will also help with the stomach cramps for the same reason. In addition, your body needs nutriution which is whats going to reduce that "sluggish - dragging *** - cant get up and get started"  feeling. Lastly, if you eat when you take the OTC medicine it will help it work better and will keep your stomach from being any more upset than it already is. You dont want all the IBU, NS, and Benadryl just sitting on your empty stomach. Not good. If you just absolutely can not eat, take a multi vitamin to at least help supplument your nutrition.
11. DONT DRINK ALCOHOL: I tried getting a little soused on the first or second night in an effort to get some sleep, any sleep, but it only made my symptoms worse...  especially the diariah and the creepy crawly twitching restlessness. (If you havent figured it out by now the creepy crawly twitching is my least favorite symptom) Drinking may work for others, but my experience says its not a good idea. =)

Well, that is all... I wish all of you good luck, good health, and strong support from your friends and family. I know my post is long, but I hope sharing my experience can help someone else in some way.
I have lost everyone an everything because i chose drugs i feel so horrible I'm on day two going c/t been a addictfor 7 years in ready to b clean but in scared to death i want b able to do it by my self i have two kids 7 an 2  i just want to b clean fir them an not worry about finding dope every day im 31 now lost my job of 11.5 years  6 months ago an im tired of being this way
Hello......

I'm on day five of not taking em norco 10/325.  The sleep part has been hell.  
Where did you get the suboxone?
I've quit opiates and subs. In order to finally quit, I used about 4-8mg of Xanax a day (at first), Gatorade/Powerade/Vitamin Water, Tylenol/Advil, Protein Shakes like Muscle Milk, Loperamide, & benadryl. The liquids that I listed kept you hydrated. You need to slowly begin to eat and exercise, even if it's just a little at a time. Loperamide (Immodium AD) is an OTC opiate used for diarrhea that doesn't cross the BBB, so it won't get you high but it'll stop the sh*ts and RLS and stomach pains. The tylenol/advil for any headaches or body pain. The benadryl for help with the sneezing, running nose, watery eyes, & restlessness. The most important factor in a quitting supply kit is Xanax. Be cautious because these are somewhat addictive if overused or used improperly. These completely eliminate all anxiety, muscle cramps, insomnia, & put you in a good mood. It's almost impossible to OD on Xanax, so don't mess around with tiny doses, take enough so that you feel it. 1.5-3mgs per dose should make you feel MUCH better.  Keep in mind, they are addictive,  so proceed with caution. Xanax will also give you the munchies, which is good during withdrawal. Suboxone WD doesn't start for 2-3 days until after your last dose, and heroin/oxy withdrawal begins 12-24 hous after your last dose so you shouldn't start this regime until then. Having something to occupy your time like DVD box sets, books, magazines, ANYTHING. The withdrawal will last 3-5 weeks with subs and 2-4 weeks with oxy/heroin/vicodin, ect, so it'll cost some dollars to buy all these supplies, but your sobriety is worth it so stick to it, you can/you NEED, to do this. Cut down on your Xanax and loperamide use by 25% each week. Also, never take more than 3,000 mgs of tylenol a day, it's awful for your liver. I've helped 44 people stay clean from subs & opiates with this plan and I have a day by day instructional guide to follow and I also provide all the meds that I listed. I'm also available for 24/7 telephone or email support. Your party is over. It's time for you to get your life back!!! My email address is ***@****. Try it my way and set your life free. Your old life is waiting for you. Take care.
Jeff
tylenol or asprin to manage blood pressure, drink minimum of gallon of water every day...find a complete multi-vitamin and double-up on the dosage(opiates leach important vitamins and minerals from your system)  develop a strick sleep schedule, ideally you should take 4 melatonin tablets each night before bedtime. you should schedule 8 hrs of sleep each night..no more no less. when you wake immediately drink 2 five hr energy drinks. these last  2 are very important, once you wake up immediately begin an exercise routine, an hour of something..and really break a sweat(your body will respond and begin producing the feel good chemicals the drugs were providing ie.seratonin) finally and most importantly, your body will respond and you can recover completely and in a reasonable amount of time...it's true and if you choose to buy-in and believe this your body will follow your mind out of the misery you find yourself in...I promise you it will work and your body will repsond, all you have to do is be honest enough with yourself to believe and to give a 100% to this process, do not lie to yourself and you will recover to a point much happier than you ever were before or during your drug addiction. physically you will feel less than great for approx a week, but the harder you exercise the quicker your recovery, emotionally your gonna need to fight for as long as a month(less time if you have access to and anti-depressant) Anti-depressant simply prevent your body from discarding the feel good chemicals your trying to replace.
You are stronger than you know right now, but when you break thru to the happy and healthy side...no drug will be able to replace that kind of joy.  
I was a 20 year opiate addict, believe me its not magic and every one can beat it...even you.  Now go get your life BACK!!!!!

i can totally agree with you on this withdrawl. i have been on pain meds since 1999 and i have been in and out of rehab and detox and now of that helped. i got clean and now im still battleing this crap. i have been thru all these withdrawls way to many times and i should know how i was going to feel after i detox. my life was so much better and everything i lost was finally coming back and then i went back out again and forgot about all the stuff that i got bad. i keep getting worse and worse and cant live like this anymore. i was taken 450mg of oxyocode and 80mg of dudlide and i started to use the needle and it has destroyed me. im on my 3rd day again and my opinion is keep going and dont look back. these pills will kill you. indise and out and EVERYONE is way BETTER then them. keep your mind focus cause anyone can go thru cold turkey. you just need to want it and not have to do it cause if thats the case you will never stay clean if someone fources you to do it. keep up the good work!!!
Have any of you guys tried the suboxone strips or they come in capsules. it takes away all of your withdrawl symptoms and your doctor should be able to tapper you off those. it attacks the recepter in your brain that makes you addicted.
what a lovely and helpful post, it's given me renewed hope for a better future, thank-you :)
I couldn't have said it better u explain this wicked life lesson to a Tee. It is one of the hardest things a person will ever have  to go threw. I know all to will i detox for 31 days it's a very long road you think will never end. I can't have explained it better than you. Thank god for people like you out there. Best Wishes and God Bless you.
I have been on large amounts of oxycontin for two years and I am currently reducing the mgs until I don't take them anymore.  You must be under a doctor's care to slowly withdrawal from these opiate based drugs.The doctor gave me Clonidine to help with the icky flu like symptoms..it takes a while but is finally starting to help, although he reduced it to 1 per day instead of two as it is a blood pressure medicine and my blood pressure got way to low. All I can tell you is the information above to discuss with a doctor; it's hard emotional work and you will have to fight it with everything you've got, but stick to it..eat healthy and try to get some kind of exercise and most important...drink lots of water..get minerals and elctrolytes in your system. Don't give up..eventually you will be free of this horrible addiction and get your life back.
If you want to talk, feel free to email me..it's a rollercoaster to be honest with you, but never give up.
Alexandria
I'm right there with you, hopefully you're doing better now. You might have to bite the bullet and tell your parents, and go to an intensive outpatient treatment which is what I am doing where you go to doctors specializing in addiction and have group meetings. I relapsed and got worse for 3 weeks and promptly put myself back in the program, and my insurance is paying for it. My parent's while worried are happy that I am doing something to stop it.

After that and you have been clean I would recommend shopping around for AA meetings until you find one that suits you, with people that you like. AA is better than NA usually because in NA you get a lot of forever junkies that may be clean (but probly aren't) who just like to talk nostalgically about their drug days as if it was something to be proud of. For example they'll be like "I was ODing on bathsalts and shooting speedballs every day selling ounces of dope" like it was cool and they miss it.

In AA you get spiritual people (I am not religious, and I don't mean religious nutjobs but I mean truly nice, caring, clean people) who truly respect sobriety, and have achieved it. I think that this is necessary to staying clean to have these people that you can look up to who are struggling like you, but have managed to achieve sobriety for longer times than I. I stopped going to meetings and got really relaxed, and went to a music festival thinking "well I'll just do a little x, a little acid, no big deal, smoke some weed, just like the good old days" While I did have fun and turned down dope at the festival, 4 days later after being home I had already found dope and was shooting it up again.

I now realize that I have been an addict forever (smoking weed everyday since 14, I'm 24 now) and to stay clean I need to be fully sober, and I need good role models to do that. Go to meetings, go to a doctor who will prescribe you colonadine (not colonopin) and some 800 Ibuprofins for w/d. Last resort weed and benzos, but then you have to kick them after you withdrawel I'd rather do it all at once.  You can do this. The group meetings are what will allow you really wrap your mind around the benefits of sobriety, and how to keep a positive, non destructive mindstate. Without the meetings your mind will just try to cope the only way it knows how, which is to get high.

Hey Anthony, I was on 3 to 4 MS Contin per day, my dr dropped me to 7 kadians twice per day and is planing on putting me on suboxone after I have tapered down some what, how much should I tapper off the kadians before going on the subs and last of all will I go through deadly wd after a week of suboxone? As you say not to stay on them for more than a week? Right? Please help I'm scard as ****! Have a great family which are all supportive but they don't deserve this hell!
hi is this ost or is people stil on here ? i got 30's and etting shots in the back, all that    ,that comes with pain mgmt. thng is i am having w/d every 3 hours i been taking 8 roxi's a day , i took suboxone last month , but was put back on the roxi;s , why am i having to use so much , is the subxone playing a role in this? i figure  i got 62 left , when i run out 2 weks early this time , i'me thru , going to dtox a 10 day program, they use phenebarbatol and clonodine and one more med i think, anyway either that or right now i gotta cut back to 3 a day to make  it to next refil, i really want off , so really what is best way? c/t or taper? my wife will help or wait on me to do detox , ime disabled, i got bad back and leg problems, but this medicene dont help much anymore, i taking 800 ibuprophen with it and it helps more,i stay in bed i dont wanna do nothing , ime keep having muscle spasm's all over legs ,is it from laying around for weeks or the medicine? i lost , i also take 3 - 1mg klonopin a day , and i cut them back already to 1 in the morning and 1 at night , 5;th day doing this , i trying to figure out whats causing the skin crawling ,cold sweat evet 3 hours or so , i never took more than 5 or 6 in a day until i tried  the suboxone . sorry for all  the type errors i just have 000000000000 patience right now, also scarred and worried, anyone that got any advise  i would  be very thankful for , oh yea i get 120 of the 30 roxi,s every month , so with that said should i just suffer thru a tapper plan with wife and kids helping, my kids are 17 and 21 , yhey no this all started from a bad 18 wheeler wreck, i never even drank , nothing until these pain pills , dr sent me to pain management 6 years ago after reading mri. so been doing opiates 6 years, the 30;s about 4 years the klonopin about 8 months, am i bad addicted to the klon by now? would i be in danger of a seizure quitting or only taking one at night, not been on them real long, didnt even no they were so addictive and dangerous to stop, i just want my life back, to do stuf again , i just so depressed    help anyone
I'm on day seven of self detoxing and still breathin' and just wanna encourage all out there and wish the best with this battle we've been having so much fun with. (sorry but i'm a bit sarcastic this week) i started taking percs about 15 yrs ago, eventually i got up to 4- 80mg oxy's a day. i started taking them because of lower back pain but found out right away that the biggest benefit for myself was an ability to be comfortable talking to other people. i've been to a coupla headshrinks over depression over the years but anxiety has never been brought up. Anyway, i went from the 4 -80mg oxy's  a day to taking a half by tapering down over just one week. The w/d's were insane just like the half dozen times i kicked it cold turkey before. I had some clonazapam to help me sleep and some gabapentin to help with the crawling skin and muscle pain. I also tried weed for the first time in many years, to help me sleep as well. immodium helped the digestive system a bit, but still had a lot of cramping. Day five i finally felt a little better but no strength. I didn't eat or drink much thru w/d's, just tried to sleep it off with netflix running 24/7 to help pass the time. Started drinking boost and ensure to get some vitamins in me but thats mostly what i'm living on until stomach settles a little more
I'm not sure if i'm gonna manage to stay off them or not. The back pain has returned with a vengance. Because i have issues with talking to groups or really anybody i don't know ,AA or NA  meetings are beyond my reach. I live alone, have very few friends and nobody knows of my slowly self destructive habit except the family relation that i've been buying them from. Besides meetings, does anybody have any ideas to help a person just stay off oxy's? The little round buggers are just a short drive away, way too close and I will see on a regular basis, the person that supply's them. I also wonder how long it takes to feel at least close to normal. I've kicked for a few months before but went back to them because i just couldn't take the anxiety, pain or depression. Anti-depressants have never worked for me and i've tried a lot of them. I've never taken anything for anxiety. W/d's are hell but you will get thru them,
Nothing about this world we lead is easy. I've gotten myself off and back on so many times I can't even count anymore. My body hurts, my mind is a mess...I can't even think straight. I feel so hopeless, why do I continue to do this to myself? Now I'm trying my ******* hardest this time to do it right. I'm only on day three, I haven't slept, can barely eat and I'm completely alone. So alone that I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I'll be 23 later this month and I feel like I wasted my youth. I have nothing to show for all of my hard work....except the addiction and the pain.
I so understand how you feel. Why do I keep doing this to myself, and family. Me, and my hubby plan on getting back on suboxone after Xmas. Right now we can't afford it due to our children. We want them to have a good xmas. But if you think about all the money we spend...Yeah we could of paid for our meds! I wish everyone on here good luck, and best wishes.... This is day one for me, and I'm scared. I'm going to try my best to fight it, and beat it.
You can do it! I am wrestling the same problem. I have used for 10 years on and off after a pair of heart surgeries. I am 30 years old and want to reclaim my life. Stay strong, look at the little ones and know they are worth it.
u are not alone be strong u can beat this
I'm not an addict but I want to chime in because I have experience with an addict.  I've watched my son's addiction progress for about 6 years now; we found out right before his H.S. graduation.  He's wasted all these years since abusing medication; I'm sad that we waited so long before putting him in rehab.  We tried what we thought was the right way to do things, we went through our family doctor who referred him to a pain specialist.  He took Suboxone for awhile but developed an allergy and full body break out twice from it so we gave up on that medication but It does help incredibly well for allieving  withdrawls... Besides the physical addiction, if you have been abusing pain meds or using street drugs such as heroin for more than a year, you will also have to heal your brain because it's depleted of dopamine; it will feel like nothing makes you "happy" or "feel good".  This is why addicts return to their drug of choice.  It will take over a year for your dopamine levels to replenish to feel normal again.  You will likely feel depressed and empty but know that this is a side effect and temporary due to the drug use.  During this time many addicts return to using.  You should attend a NA program and find a sponsor to help.   I really hope my son returns to rehab, he is currently using and I feel his life is wasting away.  In his group of friends who graduated and those who were using: One is in jail for murder, one is dead from a fatal gun-shot to the head (they claim accidental death) and one is off opiates but using other illicit drugs so not sure I'd say he's ok and there are others still fighting the same battle... I don't want to give you no hope!  There is hope and there are many support groups but you have to be willing to go!..  Find your higher power and fight for your life because this is life or death... Yes,  It will be hard but it will also be worth it!  
Hi there folks,

I'm commenting because I got off of prescription of 270mg a day of oxycontin 7 months ago - at home. I used a 30-year old Vietnamese product that's new to the States called Heantos. I still had some minor withdrawals, but only about 25% of what it's been like going cold turkey in the past. I mean, it was like a mild flu, not too bad at all. My dad helped me out for the first few days because the Heantos made me super sleepy, which was also great - I slept for the first 3 days, almost entirely. I also had a support person named Mary in San Francisco who I talked with on the phone every day. She was so kind and easy to talk to. I don't work for heantos....or anyone right now, actually. Lol. I'm still putting my life back together.  I just wanted people to know that this stuff worked for me, and nobody seems to know about it. I'm grateful to be free from that oxy poison, and I just want to tell people about it. May we all be free!
-Joe
take some klonopin           they help
Someone needs to kill this thread!
Hi, Yeah I would recommend that you go to the doctor, you need put on suboxone or need to be weened off of the pills..... I was addicted bad, taking 5 80mil oxy's a day and came off of them cold turkey and it was real bad, when I was almost through it I could barely walk I was so weak, its going to take you longer than just 3 days depending on what your taking every day..... at least a week to get through the worst.
saboxin it really works