Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
opiate withdrawal relief

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

opiate withdrawal relief

what can i do to ease the PAIN and overall creepy crawling feeling of opiate withdrawals? i am going to attempt to go cold turkey. i have been taking just about any kind of opiate i can get my hands on. my 1st choice: oxycodone, oxycontin, hydrocodone; 2nd choice: morphine. have been regularly taking 140-180 mg. of opiates a day. what can i do for the withdrawls? i am a 48 YO woman and have high blood pressure and have panic attacks if i don't get the opiates into my system on a regular basis. i still have to work; can't take time off work but still need to be able to function.
Wow sweetie, IM not sure but, maybe you could take a Fri. off and maybe by Mon. you can get yourself up and go to work. For me I couldn't do anything for about five days. And still felt bad up to 14 days later. You should definitely drink lots of water and juices. Make a lot of b and c vitamins. Lots of hot baths and some Ibuprofen. That was what I did when I went cold turkey 34 days ago. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Keep posting there are lots of people here that have done what you are wanting to do. In the long run you will make it. It will suck real bad but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Heather
I know you can't take time off from work but it sounds like your w/d (esp. with high blood pressure) is not only UNCOMFORTABLE but LIKELY DANGEROUS. I would strongly urge you to go to Detox -- even 48 hours over a weekend. They will keep you comfortable and SAFE.
Just read your post... seems as though you might need some professional help.

There is no easy way to DETOX...and your symptoms will vary, by usage, age, and length of time you have been using.

Don't mess with DETOX and High Blood Pressure on your own...

Please take this for what it is worth.   Go to your Doctor and get some help.  I know there is a lot he/she can do to help you... and some of us just don't want to go into a Detox Center.  Cloindine is often prescribed for Blood Pressure while detoxing and various other things... but your DR will help you.  They shouldn't ask where or how you got your drugs... just be upfront and straight forward and tell him/her you want out.

Please let me know how you make out.

Gip
i have been taking pain meds since 2001.  been going to a pain clinic. prescribed 90 in the beginning then after 2 months up to 120. this was ok for a bit. the script started lasting 3 weeks. after a couple more months, the 120 lasted me 10-12 days. when that ran out, i would buy some. when i could not find them, i would settle for percs, then a "friend" fronted me a 10mg oxy, then a 20mg, then she was fronting me 40s. one day the 40s weren't available and she showed me how to crush & toot a 20mg oxy. that was the beginning of my hopelessness. i knew i was already in trouble when my script was only lasting under 2 wks. i tried to quit cold turkey before but i ended up in the ER. they put me on some meds to help me stay asleep for a couple days, even then i was feeling the withdrawals. by the 5th day, i could not hold up my body weight, i felt like the gravity was pulling me straight down and felt 5 times heavier and the PAIN was just too damn unbearable! every fiber of me body was screaming in pain. i finally had to go get some morphine (30mg tabs) because i could not bear the madness of the withdrawal stages. i was ok with them for a few days, now i am back up to taking whatever comes my way. i am afraid of not having any for my system. i have such a feeling of sheer HOPELESSNESS and would rather die than to got throug the withdrawals. i tried to contact the detox center here but they always tell me they don't have any beds available. (i live in anchorage, AK)
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!
I must say i agree with everyone go to the Dr.
I would say go to the Doctors also.
I came off valium c/t and felt okay for the first few days and then after a week felt really ill and by the second week even worse. I eventually went to the Doctors and he has put me on the taper down method.

Because you have problems with high blood pressure, I would be  talking to your Doctor first as mentioned. I would not be messing around with going c/t when there are other factors involved.
withdrawils suck ***!  My advice is to ween yourself off the shat.  It won't be fun, trust me but at least it dosen't  feel like the end of the world... This is the third time I have gone through this...having to snort 2 80's a day and attempting to go c/t it is no comparason to going c/t off valium.  Ask the doc for some relif if you feel comfortable.  There is also a methadone clinic you can ask about.
I have been taking oxycontin, percocet, tylenol with codeine, darvocet, anything i can get my hands on. i am now broke and cant buy anymore pils. i am also on probation but have a script from a month ago for vicodin so that will save my *** from going to jail. i know i am gna have withdrawls. i just started a new job and i cant afford to miss work. i already called in todat, and i had to lie to my parents and say my boss called and said not to call in. i am doing all these crazy things. i dont wanna hurt my parents anymore. i just got out of jail about 2 months ago. i did 103 days for violating probation. and now i am back at it. its a vicious cycle. i just wanna curl up in a ball and cry. some one please help.
I am going thru withdraw right now. I was taking suboxone though ao the symptoms are very few but still enough to be uncomfortable. But Im a big girl and I can handle it. I got myself into this mess now I have to deal with what ive been doing to my body. I dont want to be a pill head anymore. I cant tell you how many times ive been thru withdraw and have even been in rehab twice. my advice to people withdrawing or need to is pray and grin and bear it. It will be worth it once your not a slave to those damn pills anymore! You got to really want it. And really believe in that light at the end of the tunnel. cause it is there. Good luck. God bless!
Glad you found this forum, Welcome! I do hope this time you have a plan for aftercare. NA or counseling helps to get at the reasons you use.
Also this is an old post so repost this. (Top of page, 'Post a Question' button)
So i am about 17 days away from giving birth and nearly 5 months ago I asked for help to get off of opiates. I was addicted to any kind. I have a severe back injury and that was the immediate cause for the physical addiction. I have been on the Suboxone for the last few days and now going turkey. I am saddened that I was unable to get the help I needed when I asked for it and now I am scared to death I will not be able to go home with my daughter. I have the restless leg, and involuntary leg movements. . . I know its going to get worse before it gets better. Plz pray for me
smoke weed seriously it helps or colondine will take the edge off but will put you to sleep very quick
what are u concerned about?  that  u will test positive for opiates/suboxone at the hospital?  im confused.....
I went off morphine/oxy/demorol etc. 6 weeks ago.  I have researched tons of info and have talked to 3 different doctors.  There is no easy solution.  It is one of lifes hard lessons.  The most important thing I think is that someone - a doctor or a partner who is understanding and there for you.  I honestly recommend seeing a doctor as you will experience many uncomfortable things and need the comfort to know what you are experiencing.  Clonidine can help, and I highly recommend sleeping meds to assist in falling asleep.  I stayed up for 7 days straight and it was the worst.  RLS, nausea, headache, joint pain, fatigue and anxiety are all going to be present.  some OTC drugs witll help but do not take too much!  You can OD on Acetominiphen if you take too much.  Also some OTC mixing will make your headache or RLS worse.  Hot baths and fruit smoothies are a godsend.  You will not want to eat - your sense of taste will be hightened and will bother you.  But you need vitamin replenishment.  When you are restless, get some excercise - trust me - at least it will pass the time.  Do NOT go to work for 7 days if you can swing it.  You are sick - so dont feel guilty or pressured - pressure will be unbearable and you may relapse.  If you need to take off the minimal time from work then do this - Stop taking meds on Wed eve. Thursday you will still be able to function but take Fri. off - trust me.  Sat and Sun will be awful, but by Mon, some things will start to normalize.  Possibly by Tues. you could swing it but I dont recommend it.  Take as much time off as you can - (2weeks) - you can get a doctors note.  The most important thing - stay strong - this is a test of will and ethics - you can beat this.  At the time you will think you cant possibly take it - but you can.  Just think of all the young innocent lives in cancer wards across the nation suffering.  They dont understand what they are going thru and have months and months of pain to endure.  For you, life will get better, and it will be great.  It will be better than on drugs!!!!  Thousands of us have beaten this and are so happy to be on the other side.  You can too.  Come take our hands.
Do not screw around!  See a doctor immediately, - NOW
if that isn't food for thought i don't what is
I have been abusing pain pills for a couple of years, you know a couple to help me through that double shift, then a couple to just feel normal which led to 120 to 160 Mg a day and to be honest I still didn't feel right. Anyway I am not trying to quit I am quitting. I have quit smoking cigs,pot, drinking no problem but this is much worse. those were habits this is an addiction. I had a hell of a system too in buying, reselling working the doctors. In 2 and a half years I have not ran out once.I am not quitting due to being broke I am fine there I am quitting because I am tired of the vice....( and sick of feeling like s***)  Sneaking behind something to pop one hiding milk of magnesia from my wife so she wouldn't be suspicious ? Now to be honest the only time I feel normal is if I can get some oxycodone. I took 120 Mg on 11/11/08 I cut down to 60mg on 11/12/08  and I am now down to 15 mg a day. I dont know if this is the best way to do it but I cant miss work I am in management and I just cant miss a whole week. To be honest though I have been useless at work this week, some of my coworkers know what I am going through because they helped me get there. I kinda think this method prolongs the pain but it does help you to work.  To everyone trying to quit god help you this is tough and i feel for you deeply and wish you the best.  
Hypertension is deffo something you don't want to mess around with opiate addiction or not.  Add the WD's to that and you're looking at a potentially serious situation.  You don't want to hurt yourself trying to save yourself!!!!

Relax, make an appointment at a time (if you can) after/before work and explain your situation to your doctor.  

You really, really, really should go see someone.....

Best of luck hon....WD's are no treat but just think...you've been dreading WD that last 3-7 days for years.  Seems silly when you think about it but usually there isn't any logic to our addictified brains!!!!

Best Wishes!!
I am now pain pill dependant nomo. 12 days without and FINALY feeling better. It has been one hell of a ride. Didn't miss any work either. Good luck to everyone.
clonidine will help you alot with Blood Pressure should be eas for you to get. er may give them to you. it will also help a lil with sleep. do not do the methadone. there's nothing good about methadone
way to go pillheadnomo, cute nick too!!!  Hang in there an keep up the good work.  my dee quit working on my laptop so if i type funny, i am sorry lol....:)  God Bless you.
140-180mg's cold turkey.......... its not gunna be pretty. The high blood pressure is going to make it worse. Listen to some of the good advice here.Talk to your Dr. first. Your goal is a good one, but try to make it as comfortable as posible, or you WILL relapse during w/d's.
-Dez
Thank you honey ! I am now taking a good look at the past couple of years and I am disgusted with myself but I have made it. I will never mess with these again, I promise you that. They are a circle of misery ! I am looking forward to a Christmas without dope. I encourage everyone to quit you can make it. Trust me you will think you are dying for 3 or 4 days but you won't. You CAN do it. Happy Holidays !
i dont know what to do, im honestly an emotional wreck trying to deal with this all alone, im a college student 8 hours from home without a real friend  in the world, all of my friends are into drugs, whether its smack, dope or pills, my parents barely know about the problem, atleast they dont know it is a problem, and i just dont have anyone to help me. im trying to do this and some days im okay, ive been abusing pills since sixth grade, on occasion at first, but i got into my routine of things my freshman year of high school.. sorry if im using this post as a sort of self-expression but i dont know who else to turn to. no one knows my situation. there is hardly anyone in the world who knows that i even do them, i have a very straight and narrow reputation.. im dealing with the physical withdrawal better than the mental, although tonight has been the hardest.. you see, some days i can go a day without doing them without freaking out, but only if im sitting at home by myself just laying there, if i have to go out infront of people or to class or do work or anything, i have to do them or i have like panic attacks, its been my whole life, its all im used to. and i blow them, tabs are my drug of choice, blue watsons or the pink tens, but ill take anything, then oc's, i mostly do 40s but 80s when i have the money and 20s if thats all thats around, ill do anything i can get my hands on, darvys, perks, tylenol codein, anything.. and i feel like im completely alone, i know that im completely alone in this and i just dont know what to do. if i go talk to a counselor or something at school im afraid they are going to put it in my record and then call my parents bc they are required to report things about your health if youre in "danger" or whatever. i dont know, im sorry for rambling ive just spent the past 6 hours in my room alone with my skin crawling off my body and im freezing even tho the heat is on 85.. besides that im losing my mind. can someone tell me what to do.. please...
smack, coke, or pills*

and i forgot to mention ive been using suboxin to help and it has been, but i got them from my friends at home who are into smack, will a doctor prescribe them to me for pills? i dont want to be dependent on them but atleast for a little while to help ease my way off?
Please see a doctor. I am 28 and last year ***I'm going to be straight up here*** I got off a years worth of vicodin, percocet and oxycontin cold turkey. Detox was the worst thing ever. the one I went to does not give you any meds to help unless you stay for ten days. I could barely walk, move, eat anything even work for two weeks. My Doctor gave me Clonidine and that did help but it took almost a month to get through it all.

With your history of high blood pressure, please see someone for this.

wishing you peace.
I stopped taking Vicodin 120 10/335 a month after two years after a serious car accident left me with herniated discs In my neck. Like other people one month only lasted 3 weeks then 2 weeks then 10 or 8 days. So I was constantly detoxing and going back praying for the refill date. I went to a surgeon and he told me my neck was healed and to exercise and quit the pills and In 3 months I would feel better. i wanted to kill him because in excruciating pain. I finally decided to quit 8 months ago and my idiot doctor put me on a massive dose of Suboxone. It works great but Is much stronger than Vicodin. So I wanted to go off and my new doctor cut It down very quick.  I was OK for 72 hours. After that I have been awake for almost 12 days. I am just starting to feel better but still cant sleep and my legs are killing me. Suboxone is great for people who are heavily hooked but It is deceiving and you should Detox In a facility if you can or ween yourself over several months. Cold Turkey Is hell on earth, I would not wish It on anyone. Clonidine Is OK but makes you heavily dehydrated which I was already. Any tips on getting rid of muscle pain in my legs or sleep?  The good news is I have to now stop taking Klonopin 3mg daily for 5 years. Yeah!  But I don't even want to think about that right now. My doctor said he could cut It off In just two weeks, from what I have read Klonopin is worse and takes months at a much lower dose. I think my doctor is a sadist. Good luck to you all!
Im going through opiate withdrawal right now, im on my 2nd day and all i can do is watch the clock and think about getting pills. Im 21 and have been addicted to opiates since I was 18. drugs of choice: 80,40,20 oxycotin, suboxone, subutex (basically anything that has opiate in it! i'll settle for anything really) I have advice for people who want to quit cold turkey... DONT!! DO IT!! its the worst feeling in the world and will only make you use again. Instead, what I did was "dropped my levels" i went from doing almost 3 80mg oxy's a day to now being able to snort 10mg oxy and feel okay for the day. By dropping your tolerence you are able to deal with the "shakes", sneezing, watery eyes, goosebumps, restlessness, cramps...ect.. so really take my advice and cut down first before you attemp your detox. Doing alot of research i'v found a few things that help though, drinking poppy seed tea!! i sware on it that it works! buy poppy seeds, put about a lb(one full jar) in a water bottle with hot water, not boiling just hot, then shake shake shake for 3-5 minutes, take a coffee filter and filter out the seeds, and drink like tea. the tea should look either yellowish, brown or even dark dark brown. poppy seeds are a natural opiate and will help alot!! Also my biggest problem is not being able to sleep, so go to the drug store and load up on sleep aids and benadryl!! they will knock you right out. and if your completely desperate, just go to the ER be honest with a doctor and tell them you need something to help you withdraw, they will give you clonodine, take some of those and u'll feel alittle better. good luck and everyone keep your head up and get threw this. just remember, "This too shall pass" life will be better without pills just keep telling yourself that. good luck! (:
Amanda,

This post is from two years ago and will quickly return to the archives.

Go to the top of this page and hit the green "Post A Question" button. You can start your own post that way. If you need help, let someone know.

Hope to see you out there.
honey you have to take some time of work, say you have flu, and do your cluck, no easy answer, but you have to go through the pain, im going to do it too, i know how you feel, but if you do hear about a magic pill let me know, i wish i never started this mess but i did you and me both we just have to suffer no pain no gain, i got some valuim and some grass and im going to try and sllep through my cluck, its a god damm nightmare init babes, good luck xxxxx
Been taking oxys & percs for the past 3-4 yrs,daily. Stopped completely last Sunday. Took 2 percs this past Saturday cause I was sick and needed to ride my bike over 2 hours (I aslo just moved);none on Sunday, 1 1/2 (perc 10)on Monday to take the edge off. Have some job interviews coming up next week. When will the diearreah stop? What about the hot/cold chills & sweats?
Also, I am trying to "flush" w/water & green tea so I can pas a p test if need be. Ultimately, I do not want to be addicted to these pills anymore. Will appreciate your comment; like manoy others I feel like I'm alone in this
I am currently withdrawling from roxy's.  For about 3 years straight i took 25 to 30 blue vic everyday.  I went to detox and medically detox, swore I would never do this to myself again.  Went to rehab and got clean for about a year.  I started a new job and met a guy who had 30mg roxy so I decided to try just a few thinking I could handle myself...within 3 months I was taking everyday, I was at 3 a day and now I am up to 9 a day...I took 40 in 6 days and now am withdrawling BAD! Im on day 4 and just want it to be over with.  How do I kick this habbit for GOOD when I know the person has all those pills and is only a phone call away.....uh I hate being dependent on these damn things!
turn on the hot water and sit in it.. let the hot water sooth you .. it works i came off 30 mil morphine about 9  a day.. to feel better im telling to u get in the tube.. u might find doing this a few times a day or night it helps..
I'm now on day 10 (i think) of going cold turkey off Oxy.  I was railing 150mg on weekdays and 300mg on weekends. I railed them every single day and when i finally wasn't able to re-up, the W/D's started the next day. I wasn't able to tell my girlfriend that i live with because she had no idea i was using in the first place, and i didn't want that ****-storm on top of being dope-sick, so i suffered for 5 days in complete silence. I lied and said i had a cold or a flu or some ********, i don't even remember what i told her, but she bought it. My stomach is STILL aching all day everyday and all i can think about is taking a few Darvocet to make the pain stop, but I'm afraid it will make the W/D's just last longer, but i know better than to go back into that dark lonely tunnel after finally seeing the light. I told myself "NEVER AGAIN" and i'm dead serious this time. NEVER AGAIN. Other than my stomach feeling like a knife is stuck in it, i'm just about over the sickness and i'm starting to feel "Normal" again. Good luck and i hope you ladies and gentlemen are able to kick this nasty habit to the curb. I'm no doctor, but I'll say that smoking weed has not only evened me out, it helps the stomach pains, so try it, it might work for you. This is my 2nd time going CT. The first time I tried to kick the oxy i only lasted 5 days, but I gave it another shot and I'm gonna make it. I'm not a strong person, mentally or physically, I just dealt with it and if I'm able to, every single person in the world CAN do it too....It's up to you though.
Hot baths, valerian root, stretching, walking and occupying your mind.  IT GETS EASIER AND BETTER BY THE MINUTE.  I know it seems horrible but it is do-able!
i didn't read the whole post until now and with high blood pressure you have to be careful!  i experienced rapid heart beat and major anxiety (which increased my heart rate) during wds and this lasted a long long time...actually still occassionally feel it.  Talk to a doc or go to detox please!
I am a addiction professional and a recovering addict. You have a chronic disease which means there is no easy way but if you don't do something you will become a statistic. Opiate withdrawal itself will not kill you but you also have other medical issues that will kill you combined with your problem. There is no easy answer you must get medical attention ASAP.

You do not have a cold you have a couple diseases you must treat both medically
This is my first post, but I do have to say this forum has helped a little. Not with the withdrawls, but knowing that I'm not alone. There are others who are going through this same thing, and it *****. Bad! I have been takin hydros for about 2 yrs. I used to get "my buzz on" off 2 or 3 5's... 500 mg hydrocone, that was a couple years ago and that's when I had to buy and couldn't afford to buy a lot. Last year I was in a car accident and my lower back hurts every day. My dr prescribed me 240 7.5's a month. It's too easy to take them when you've got a whole bottle like that and it doesn't look like you're gonna run out. I was taking anywhere from 14-16 a day. That's roughly 1100 mgs a day. I know it's really bad when you're script is running out in about 2 weeks. After I run out, I buy from people I know, but this time I'm completely out of money, I can't buy and I'm day 2 of not having them in my body. Please tell me this is going to get better. All I can think about is when I'm going to be able to get more and make the pain, the sweating, the diharea, the headaches go away... I just want to know if there's anybody out there who have thought the same way that I do and by the time a few days goes by and they know they can get more, if they've stuck with it and ended up just not wanting them? Well, I know I'm going to want them of course, but has anyone just stuck with it and not taken more? This is the worst feeling in the world, mostly because it's not that I have the flu, it's that I made myself sick. I am putting myself through this not only physically but emotionally. I feel guilty because of the way I feel and when I think about the amount of money I've spent on those stupid pills. I just want to ball up and cry and can't because I cannot miss work, I gotta stick it out and be here. I have no motivation, I don't wanna do anything. I've been saying a little prayer when I think it's too much to handle, but I'm craving those pills so badly I just don't see how I'm gonna manage? I woke up about 2:30 am, and didn't really sleep well the rest of the night. This morning was really bad getting up outta bed, will it get better tomoro?
Hi, I know its hard! I am on day 5 without, I talked to my dr. about it on day 3, he told me to just hang in there, and take imodium (immodium) for the runs, and drink lots of fluids, and ensures they will give you plenty of vitamins. He also gave me a B12 shot, which I believe helped tons! I cant tell you that you will never just not want them, but you can always remember how you feel now and know that you are doing it to yourself and you will not ever want to feel that way again! Take hot showers or baths and try to relax. Let all the house work go, I got that advice and I do not care how the house looks, I just tell people that I am not feeling well, and it will be there when I am feeling better.
I have also found that just getting answers to your post will help so much, I didnt think that I could do it either, but I feel so much better today than I did, I do take a sleep med at night so I can sleep, but as far as mentally, I know I am doing the right thing for my kids and husband! You WILL FEEL BETTER! PLEASE just think positive and keep posting, the people here have been through the same things you are going through, let us help you also. Just believe that you can do it, it will pass!
This is my first post.  I'm just fresh outta rehab about a month ago.  And of course, I relapsed.  I've been taking one 80 mg oc like every other day, or sometimes everyday, for the past 2 1/2 weeks.  I can't believe that it's been only a short time and I'm going through withdrawal! I broke down a bought another one today and didnt take the whole thing, stupidly thinking I can kinda ween myself down a little.  I know it takes longer than that, but does anyone have any idea how long this might take??  It's only been such a short time that I've been in active addiction.  I'm looking for tons of support becasue I'm very scared and I really want sobriety.  Anyone have some info, kind words... anything?  I cannot go through rehab again.  My parents can't handle it... and would be devastated if they found out I've relapsed! I live with them too, so it's kinda hard to hide withdrawal symptoms.  Help me.
They can  handle it I..... I know if you were my child I would want to know .Give them more credit you would be suprised what they can handle we are tough.Get right back into care if rehab is still possable TAKE IT  What aftercare are U getting ??? It sounds like you need to get more recovery care in place before u come out of rehab .I take it U have gone back to the same friends same places and habits if so that makes it REALLY really hard .How old are you? We will be here to give u tons of support but plz tell your parents get back ahold of this right away .
I know this is an old post and I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.
I went through this all though I relapsed the thing I found that helped me was xanaflex **SP.. in tiny doses and Childrens berry motrin...The berry motrin wiped out the sick feeling and was a true lifesaver. I was able to function by day 3 with it.
As far as the xanaflex, I barely took enough to count for anything but the xanax usually knocks me out, but taken in this form I was able to function. I took temeazepam for sleep.
I am not sure about mixing these things and I AM NOT RECOMMENDING, just leeting people know it can be done.

NUMBER ONE ITEM: CHILDRENS BERRY MOTRIN!!!!
I was taking 360 15mg hydrocodone a month, about 180mg a day. They were compounded to have only 80mg of tylenol so I could take more pain meds for my spinal stenosis. I would suggest a DR. or detox but if you want to do it yourself get some xanax from someone {Iam sure you can find them} and zonk out for a few days, keep a pain pill for the first day or two and only take it when it gets too bad. But if you take one a day for 2 or 3 days you can kick them. Good luck!!
Ok, i'm back on the Oxy, even though i said i would never go back to them (SEE POST IN JANUARY 2010), but i was wrong, i went right back to it. Now the W/D is so much worse than i remember. If any of you are able to kick this addiction, please do not do what i did, you will regret it as much as me. Anybody have advice on W/D relief or am i just going to have to go another 10 days of feeling like crap??
There's really not much as far as relief goes. You can minimize the symptoms a lil, but its not that much. You have done it before though, so you can and will do it again. Keep that in mind. Will power can be a great tool in fighting addiction and w.d. symptoms. Look up the thomas recipe for some help with symptoms. Bananas, drinking water, warm baths, espom salt in tub water. Exercise is a must and probably will give you the most relief believe it or not. Good luck.
I am on day 10 of c/t.  Things seem to be getting better, but I have such anxiety and the shakes, especially if somebody needs something from me.  I was on perc 15mg 3 times a day for 11/2 years.  Started out with kidney stones and then I was hooked!  I have 4 children 2 grandchildren and everybody relies on me for everything including my husband.  It was easy when I was on the perc, just pop one and I was super woman.  It never use to be that way, I was fine without them.  I just want my life back.  I pray, take vitamins and drink green tea.  The not sleeping is killing me, but everyday I get up and do what needs to be done very reluctantly!  Can anyone tell me when I am going to get rid of this horrible anxiety?  It comes on in the morning and lasts throughout the day.  I thank go that I do feel better, but I have so much to do and I want so badly to feel normal.
hi, starting to feel very sick, hurting back, very hard to breathe, (isnt that unusual?) it is very scary !!! what on earth can I do, I feel like I;m dying, im done with this stuff, all these oxies everyday, percs mophine!!!! what can i do? someonee.... pleaseeeee.
I'm lying awake at 3:15 in the morning in new Orleans feeling like I'm about to die from not only opiate withdrawels but tramadol also. Yeah did not know tramadol was a kind of opiate also and now I'm suffering double. Isn't life great
This is my first time posting,but have read all the post on here. It is such a great feeling to know i'm not alone in this problem. I have been dependent on opiates for about three years. But I have been taking suboxone for the past year and a half. My problem started when My nine year old daughter died in my arms after a head on collision. (car accident) I messed my neck up in the accident and was put on hydrocodone 10/500mg three times a day. Almost instintly I found out that they had that emotional numbing effect. I went through the meds very quickly. My doctor realized this and cut me off. I then started buying them. I went through thousands and thousands of dollars and put my family and myself through hell. I tried to quit several times cold turkey but by day 3 or 4 i just couldnt take the physical and emotinal pain. I want to get off the subs one of these days soon. I know its going to be hard. I was just looking for some good pointers on how to do this. I wish everyone the best of luck who is going this!
My heart truly goes out to you and what you've been through.  I cannot even imagine what I would have done if faced with the pain you had to deal with.  My Brother committed suicide due to alcohol and drug abuse, and that was very hard for me to deal with.

If you are on the Suboxone I would not reccomend trying to stop cold turkey.  Do a very, very slow taper.  Suboxone can be a very hard medication to get off also, but just go as slow as you can.  It may feel like it's taking forever, but you've been on it for over a year, so if it take six months to a year to get off, that's o.k.

Be good to yourself.  Think how you would treat someone you love going through something like this, and then treat yourself the same way.
thankyou very much for the truely caring response.
It means alot to me that there are people out there that honestly care. That sounda like the best way for me to get off the suboxone. The next time I visit my doctor I will ask him what mg I should go down to to start the taper. I would love to get to the point when I can live without a opiate in my system. Thankyou again for taking the time to respond to my outreach. I will watch for your messages too.
Ive been an opiate addict for about 5 yrs now and know what everyone is going through. Doing wever i had to do to get what i needed to keep from getting sick. ive been fightin the wds and dts off and on for 5 yrs now, ive recently found out that my gf is expecting and im gonna b a daddy. im sooo tired of bein a slave to this sickness but catch myself fallin back into it bout the 2nd or 3rd day of not sleepin. ive recently come clean to my gf bc she has no clue of what im gettin ready to go thru, i dont really know what the colodine or wev it is everyons talkin about that helps, ive tried everything i can to ease the dts but as i and evryone else knows its pure will power. i just want everyone to know that i know its rough and u r an amazing person to kick this im just so overr this and cant wait to get this week over with. good luck to evryone and just keep urself around real loved ones and not ur gettin high buds. god bless
I totally feel for all of you guys on this website.  I started taking Lortab 10's becasue I was diagnosed with Fibermyalgia (fibromyalgia). I never took pills to get high.  I then graduated to 6 Roxy 30's and 3 Oxy 40's a day.  Prescribed by the Dr.....I weigh 115 pounds....thats alot of pain medicine for a little girl.  Then, my prescription started running out in 3 weeks and I'd have to borrow or buy a weeks worth of meds.  I was on about 400 mg of Oxy/Rox a day for about 2 years. Also I was taking 3 Xaney bars a day too!!  One day in January of 2010 I woke up and said I quit!!  So I quit cold turkey off of 400mg of oxy and 4 xanex's a day, and I was snorting them.  Not a smart thing to do.  The opiate withdrawl (withdrawal) was terrible, but the xanex withdarwls caused me to have seizures and landed me in a coma for 3 day and in the hospital for 11 days total.  Once I had been clean for about 3 weeks I went to Rehab....which was worthless becasue I wasn't mentally addicted, it was all physical.  I got out of rehab in March.  The problem is I do have Fibermyalgia (fibromyalgia) which means I'm constantly in PAIN.  Excruciating pain.  So, every now and then I would take a Lortab or a Roxy if my pain was really really bad.  I havent touched the xanex though.....thank god.  Well, I started doing about 40-60 mg of Oxy a day for a couple of weeks thinking I wouldn't get sick if I stopped.  WRONG  I figured I used to do 400mg a day, what's 40-60 mg gonna do.  I am just noticing having withdrawls if I don't take anything and I hate it.....I'm glad I'm smart enough to realize this is starting a problem.  So now, I am on the 2nd day of going cold turkey from the Oxy/Roxy.  The withdrawls are not near like coming off 400mg but they are not good eother.  I want to kill myself because I swore I'd never put myself in this situation again.....so I'm ending it before it gets worst.  I'm hoping 3 days and I'll be ok considering its on ly been a couple weeks of me using again.  I feel against a rock because either I'm in constant pain or I become pysically dependant on pain pills......its's a lose/lose battle. I am sitting here typing this, hating that I put myself in this situation again.  Opiates are SO physically dependant.........once you stop don not start again .......even occasionally.  I would rather deal with extreme pain everyday then deal with going through opiate withdrawls.  Learn from my mistake...I never even did pills to get "high" it was to feel normal.  Good luck all and find someone supportive to help you go through this...don't do it alone.
HI Welcome to the forum...I allways feel really bad for all the pain sufferers out there I started on narcotic pain meds for 2 sliped disks in my back but it lead to abuse a few years in
today I manage my pain with ibuprofine 800mg its enough to take the edge off...im sorry to here you have to go threw withdrawals again...its a viscous cycle med help has a pain management forum you should check out ...theirs a lot of people here that suffer with cronic (chronic) pain...mine is more on and off again then constant there are lots of ways to cope with pain many try  herbal remadys acupuncture and medatation...I use prayer a lot but like you said it sure beets being strug out on the pills and watching life go by in a fog keep posting for support your withdrawals shouldent be nearly as sever as jumping off 400mg but there never any fun....I always recommend a good hot soak it helps with a lot of the symptoms ...we will be here to support you good luck and God bless...Gnarly    
I've been doing pills on and off and yes it ***** butt when I'm coming down :( there is a light at the end of the tunnel! To help me come off I stock up on; coughsyrup, melatonin, valerien, (all help with sleep, last 2 are in capsuls are pill form) multi-vitamins, imodium (immodium)(helps with the "runs") benadryl (runny nose), St. Johns Wort (helps A LOT with depression! :D ) and KRATOM (natural herb that sort of mimics opiates, read about it online) you may also want to look up the "THOMAS RECIPE" that's a good one too. Hope I helped a little. We all just have to learn how to get natural highs :( hot baths and showers work too.
LM
OMG!  This is NOT a test of will or ethics. This is the deadly disease of addiction. I am a recovering addict with multiple years of sobriety. The truth is, if you could have "willed this away" you certainly already would have done so.  No one wants to continue suffering the way you are now.  Ethics also have nothing to do with it. This disease ravages the lives of even the most upstanding ethical persons.  It knows no boundaries. Please, go to a Dr. or detox center and give yourself a break.  This is not easy, but it's "doable".  Come join the millions of us who have found our way out of this living hell.  YOU CAN DO THIS!
I been shooting street dope and anything else for 15 years. There is NO easy kick. Sure, some things like Ultram or Suboxone or even benzos will make it easier but you get dopesick again when you come off them. I've went cold turkey at home, in jail cells, homeless shelters, etc, and trust me, it ain't easy. If you can find a sympathetic doc, I recomment true barbituates (other than phenobarb - weak ****) to sleep, benzos even in major quantities will not help in the 3-5 day heart of the kick. As for the herbals, yeah, if all you have is a chipper, that's okay but for a real junkie valerian, benedry, tea, etc, will just frustrate you. Sometimes weed helps, sometimes it makes you jones. Keep your mind occupied with anything other than dope/drugs and be strong. Any pains - heart/chest wise or similar - go to the emer room and be honest. The least they'll do is ativan and blood pressure meds. And those do help in the worst part of kicking. An old junky told me when I was young and I now know it to be true: Only 2 things help you get thru dopesickness: time or more dope. Be good, be safe......
Gettin off oxy80s and anything else I can get my hands on.....I can afford drugs no problem as I am in a management position with the same company for 20 years. I had no pain...Just an itch to get high and higher and higher. Lack of inventory has put me in the middle of detox by default and it *****!....It is good to read all of your thought on this matter and it really helps knowing you arent the only one.Heres the thing: I will get the call eventually and the supply will come back in.....Thats the hardest part....Saying no...Im good right now...Trust me:They will go away and not ask you anymore if you dont buy from them.....Trust in yourself and good luck everyone....Its gonna get better !!
alright heres my two cents ive been a narcotics addict for many years .i will tell you what helps me #1 ask god for help #2 go to person people closest to you bite the bullet and say i have a problem and i cant stop.they will have an outsiders point of view without all the frustration which is what you need #3 contact local mental health facility they will help you get into detox for free #4  screw work youre gonna have to commit to getting clean without worrying about everyday things regardless of the consequences it sound extreme but trust me its necesarry.its time for you to be selfish now so you dont have to keep being selfish later.getting clean is #1 priority.people will not be understanding, they will not be nice,but it doesnt matter.go to n/a meetings there is power in being surrounded by like minds.committ yourself to the cheesy rules in detox and rehab and you will see they are not that cheesy.you can do this .if you dont the ups and downs and recurring withdrawals will destroy you .you can only handle so much emotional trauma.please be honest with yourself as to why your taking these drugs as well as being honest to those you love.keeping secrets is deadly to a drug addict.submit to this addiction it is stronger than you .only then can you begin to learn how to live with it.its not going away but it will get much much much better with time.for every addict out there i love you,god loves you,us junkees have gotta stick togetheras you get clean you will realize all that you have gained by going thru this and it will make you stronger.your duty is to get better because there are others out there who will need your help.be prepared to set EVERYTHING aside until you are ready to rejoin normal life.that includes spouse,children,parents,job.its not as extreme as it sounds because if you dont you wont have any of these things anyway.seriously put on some good music and start talkin and stop being so damn intraverted.thats probably how you got here in the first place .anyone can do this you just have to be ready to give in and tear down those walls youve built good luck all  .................been clean 3 years still fightin it but im doin ok    ............Dax  
and by the way when you get out of detox lock yourself in a room for a month cause that first month is a doozy ....really lock the door
Ive been on morphine 100mg 2 a day and pecs 10-3254 a day for 2 years trying to come off at 15 mg of morphine twice a day no pecs life is hell is there a better way please help! Bob
This is the first time I've ever posted anything, i am currently a college student and i am on day two of withdraws from opiates.  I used to take  15 perc tens a day and then i started snorting 2 oc80s a day.  I went to my local drug dependency doctor and he prescribed me sub oxen i took them for about 2 months before i decided to relapse and now im going cold turkey all over again stuck in a small as dorm room with a roommate who has no idea what i am going through.  I cant freaking wait for this to be over.
I started using when I was about 12 years old and have been a speedball addict (heroin/cocaine together) ever since. Now I am 44 going on 45 this year. About 7 plus years ago, I got arrested and was facing ALOT of jail time. But thanks to a sympathetic judge, good lawyer, and believe it or not a very cool detective (the one who actually arrested me) I went to a detox doctor and got on Suboxone, with a suspended sentence lingering over me. Now, you might think that I would have learned at that point. NOPE ! After watching MANY friends die, committ suicide, and too many overdoses of my own to count, I still went back out. Can you EVEN imagine the horror of it all, OF COURSE YOU CAN ! We are ADDICTS and THIS is what we do, it's what we know, for whatever our reasons were for starting. Because they may be similar or completely different, but the one thing that binds us together, is our addiction. Sad, very Sad ! I can't begin to explain my level of self loathing, it's off the charts ! Anyways, I did well off the opiates for years, (beacause, I essentially was on them(Suboxone) but the coke, well that was a dirty friend that refused to leave. This week I had to have surgery on my vocal chords, before I threw my life away I was a prof. singer, blah, blah. So, here I sit back on flippin pills, that barely work due to my tolerance and the residual Suboxone that I suffered ALL last week coming off of. Now I wonder, does Suboxone REALLY help, or does it in fact enslave you to the VERY thing that you want SO desparately to remove yourself from ? Now, I have to look forward to the feeling of walking death in less than 2 days, when the pills run out and I have to wait a few days before being able to take the prison guard Suboxone again. Now that I have written a novel, does anybody have a clue as to what I should do, short of sticking my head in the oven ?
I CAN NOT do this AGAIN !  I'd rather die than suffer this again...
I guess I am just like everyone else on here. I have never had a pill problem, but had a back injury about 8 years ago where I was prescribed pain meds for. I am a 31 year old college student who is married with two kids. I want to stop.... I am so sick of not being able to function without the meds, and it has gotten to the point where my prescription runs out and I have to buy them on the street, which is killing my marriage. I stopped taking them for about three weeks in January with the help of suboxone but because i have such excrutiating chronic pain, due to the pain, i started taking the oxys again. After that, i switched my doctor to a pain management specialist so I can begin getting the injections in my back and have been weaning off the meds, yes, I am taking less pain meds, but I'm  still spending at least 1000 dollars every two weeks, EASILY. I feel so  helpless... I really dont know what to do, I am seriously contemplating suicide, feeling that I can't do this to myself anymore, I'm ruining everything in my life. I want to do it c\t but I am absolutely terrified of ever feeling WD symtoms (symptoms) again, I don't want to take the suboxone bc the WD from that is just as bad if not worse than a WD from oxy, I feel so hopeless., detox is not an option for me, as I will have no one to care for my children. I read all of the comments on here, and it made me feel better knowing that there are others out there who are going thru the same thing..I hate myself for doing this to myself, and I feel that I was not properly educated on what this medicine would do to my life, or else I would have never started in the first place, yes I should have read up on it before taking it, but I didn't. All I knew was that I was having chronic pain imy back that I wanted to stop (I have 3 degenerated disks in my lumbar spine, and 3 herniated disks in my thoracic, with a number of pinched nerves) so the problem i have is whenever I attemp stopping, I can't even walk for 5 minutes without being in pain so i go right back to them... I just    want this to end, I HATE that I am a prisoner to these little blue pills, that control every ounce of my being...i am still a good student and a very good mother, I feel that my children deserve better, and this is one of the reason why I contemplate suicide so much, even though I am a good mother, I see no end to this problem, I feel screwed if I do and screwed if I don't, my husband has been supportive for so long that he had began to get really nasty about the money that i spend when I have to keep myself from being sick..I wish i never started this mess. Thx for the comments, some of them were really informative, but I think I have to decide this for myself, even though i feel like I have made the decision to stop, idk if i can handle the WD ( both physically and emotionally) so I have to figure it out on my own..
there are so so many of us....God bless us all.  i started using roxi in late 2009, to cope with a dying long term relationship.  the last part of the last sentence should have told me something, but i was too young to realize it, you know.  that dying relationship ended last spring, and i moved 4 hours away and was able to kick it.  
  shortly thereafter, i met a troubled young man and immediately found out that he was hooked on the little blue beauties.  so, naturally, as our pain found each other, i became hooked again.  then he was killed in an auto accident almost 8 months ago...and i' ve been hooked on these since it happened.  i've done a lot of things that most people would find repulsive just to stay emotionally numb and high.  
  i'm on day 2 of no roxi.  i'm not sure i can go c/t...i'm not sure i'll make it thru the day.  i just keep telling myself that my dealer wont be home for another 15 minutes....and that's got me thru the first day.  im not sure if i'm ready to give up the one thing that seems to keep me sane.  withdrawl (withdrawal)  is hell.  legs, stomach, fatigue, and depression is overwhelming...and i've never been one to have much faith in myself.  i feel (with this seldom sober mind) that i'm going to die on these things. i can't control it, and i feel like i'm already dead...
  i'm afraid i dont have any help to offer anyone...let alone myself.  i can only pray that God will have mercy on me for being in the middle of the mess ive put myself in, and if He wont have mercy, then to please be able to forgive me for being lost....im sorrier than anyone..
falling off the wagon is something that most of us seem to be used to.  i wrote close to a month ago, and although i broke down and relapsed, its not been nearly as bad.  i'm trying to do less and less (even using 10mg of methadone a day instead of roxi) and the methadone does help sooooo sooo much.  
  now, my fear is becoming hooked on the methadone too.  or maybe i'm just trading one in for the other.  i'm not sure how to look at it.  i realize that i'm a total addict....something i never ever thought i was gonna be.  something i used to despise.  now i just pity all of us, because something led us to where we are.  and if its true that everything happens for a reason (like everyone says since my boyfriend died 8 months ago), i sometimes wonder if the only reason this happened to me is because i chose it, or if because i needed to learn WHY we are the way we are, (myself included) and pity us, instead of hating us.   i'm not sure if that even makes sense.  God bless us all, and be with us.
I have been ion pain pills for over 10 years. I quit myself from takin Norco over 20 per day (10 mg) with my husbands help. He just locked em up am doled out what I needed at first for a few weeks and then he started taking it down one pill per day til I was at 3 per day and the finally there were four lefy in the bottle I never took. Then a few years later I had the hreat fortune to me my new doctor, a walking prescrition pad. I asked for something for migranes (migraines) and in a few months he had me on 180 Norco AND 180 Perc 10/325 PER MONTH. Last year I managed to take hardly and pills at all. Then got in car accident and needed 2 back surherys and a shoulder surgery. I see my pain management doc on the second and I am thinking of having him switch me back to norco from the percs because norco is easier to get off. And then he has promised to hekp get me off when I am ready. I am ready. I promised my husband. And I dont want to feel like I cant live without then anymore. I started seeing a therapist to help with the psycolocical dependance. I hope I am doing it right. I am scared.
Cold turkey is hell on Earth and I don't recommend it, especially with High Blood Pressure! I am healthy without any chronic health issues but when I went off long term Fentanyl, Dilaudid and Soma's I ended up in the ER having seizures? The slow taper method is the ticket, it will be the least uncomfortable and in my opinion the one with the best chance of success? Remember if you have a chronic pain issue then that pain will come back with a vengeance and you will have to deal with that pain somehow? If it's at such a level that it prevents you from working or is making your quality of life unlivable then you may still end up having to use an opiate to control it though at lower levels if you have successfully went through withdrawal? Your tolerance level will be lower and sometimes people have overdosed when they took the same quantity they were using when their tolerance was much higher before withdrawal? Anyway, if you have a chronic issue like HBP or other condition then you should only attempt withdrawal under medical supervision! Blessings!
I tried everything under the Sun. Yeah after ur Done goin cold turkey and that's over with. I found the hardest is temptation.  Its everywhere. So i did find one person that helps me more then any clinic or other pill could ever offer me......Jesus. Yeah i know your sitting there probly saying i need something now. Or y would he help me. Believe me went i tell u that Jesus loves a sinner. He sends hiS own out to find us and ask us to give our hearts and every problem over to him. Just so we can all have a great wonderful day. He will i promise he will help u and get u through this. Just try and stick with him. I assure u that later on went ur happy. Kids are happy you will have money. Especially money to get ur family's need met. And extra to show those precious kids of urs a good time again. I know you don't want ur kids growing up having memories of a house with no food and a parent drugged all time.not been able to do vacations and have stuff they deserve. Cuz u never know Wat ur teaching ur kids.  raise those babies up in a clean happy Jesus filled home. you hear of miracles. Well there is one for everyone. Get yours. He's wanting on you to just ask him for his help. And you have to have people around you that r good examples. Find a family member. Church. There is hope. You ain't only one thats been on drugs. You ain't gonna be the only one that went down a lonely dark road.there is hope. There has need worse that is clean and went to college. Making a great future.  So get up. Quit thinking of yourself and put your family first . And get cleaned up. You can do it. I did. Yes i struggled. Wasn't easy. But went i started putting my trust in god. And left the bad influenced ones out. That's went there was change. Out with the bad and in with the New. Plz i am begging u. Get help. So much of it out there just ask.do it for yourself.  This ain't gotta end bad. In a coffin.  So go plz.
So me and my boyfriend have been on suboxine and its our fourth day. We weened off the Rochester for about a week. Normally did anywhere from 6-10 in a 24 hr period. But the past few months have been rough with only me working and only bringing home 400 a week but after gas cuz works so far, I had 280 I could use for two weeks. Now I have a better job and I have more money but I want to be able to spend money on real wants and needs.  I turn 21 in 12 days. I wanna finally be able to enjoy myself and not feel lazy. Anyways I went from 6-10 a day, to sharing 6-10 a day with my bf. We would split up halfs and share halfs. The last two weeks or so we went to 4 a day then 3 then 2. And sharing them. Then we took the subs. I've never heard of anyone being fine on just a quarter of a sub and then a quarter like 8-12 hrs later, sometimes longer. I'm kinda scared cuz its so small of an amout how will I ween off subs. Or if I stop after another day or two will I not feel sick anymore? Im a server and have only worked here for a little bit of time. Still new at it all so I need to be drew good or I won't be anything more than just a season position. Please helpp me! What should I take to have energy to run around all day at work. For the anxiety. And the question I asked earlier if I stop he subs soon will I not be sick. l think we all need to just need to stick together because I get advice and then I get through and one day I can help someone too. If no one helps anyone, everyone feels alone and he cycle of addiction just continues.  

Much love! -Samantha
Roxies* not Rochester. Auto correct on my phone lol
Yup it really does blow the balls. I'm on my second day right now. Sounds not so bad but I've been off and on shiz for about eight years now so I'm really feeling it. The worst part for me is the skin crawling on my arms. Feels like stuff in my veins. Done this plenty of times before but now I'm coming off suboxen which I took to get off pain meds and diazapem. I hadn't gotten a buzz off the subs but they just postponed my withdrawal......I don't reccomend it.
coming off a 60mg/day roxi habit, thursday:15mg roxi and two 7.5 tabs, friday:15mg morphine, saturday:nothing, sunday:nothing....not feeling too bad today just nooooooooo energy and i have a 6yr old precious lil girl that i wanna put christmas decorations up with.are the wd's gonna get any worse?and when will i get some energy?thanx bunches.
OMG...its been over 7 days and I still want to die, The puking won't stop, I've been up since 1am puking my stomach up. I went from cold turkey to doing a very minimum bc I am too weak and I have a history of seizures. I'm so sick now, I can't think straight, I got on here looking for relief. Pls look over my typos. I'm trying to keep liquids down, but even that seems to be an issue. I drink water, I puke water. I have tried weaning........??? I think cold turkey is the way, but I live with an enabler....2 of them to be precise. I have just done enough to keep liquids down for a few hours. This is my 7th time detoxing......why it didn't work before.....bc when I left detox, I was still sick and unable to stand strong. Now I'm just going the way I know best, Merely weaning and none at all. Should I even be trying to wean? Or should I go cold turkey? I have seizures due to my use. Had my 1st one a cpl yrs ago when I was picking my daughter up from school. Thank GOD the school buses stopped my car and that is when I had 2 back to back for the 1st time in my life. The mere fear of going through WD is a set up for seizures. The longest I have ever gone is 9 days (7 in rehab) 2 days after at home before I caved and gave in, I can;t handle it. I started as a result of being misdiagnosed too many times (age 35-36 and I'm 43 now) before the geniuses could tell me I had a bad gall bladder. Never did a tylenol before then.  Please keep me in your prayers, I can identify w/everyone on this page. I feel your pain......all too real right now. I'm looking forward to reading some feedback if I can fathom the strength to get back on later or tomorrow. (I went from vicodin to 80mg oc to herion). I won't even go to the ER bc of the all too real hurtful quesions......"Do You Use Street Drugs"? Then the sneer down the nose as they look at you laying there feeling like dying, Thinking, "We Deserve This ****"!!!! I didn't ask to be misdiagnosed and I know none of us ever thought we would ever be labled an "addict". I place blame no where, Just a little bitter that I'm where I am now over a gall bladder after all of lifes other obtacles I BEAT!!!!! Peace Love and Best Wishes to You ALL~ Wish Me Luck!!
I feel like all of u I started bout 6yr ago because of a genetic back disease. Then I got layed off lost my insurance ams started buying anything anywhere. I have 3 peeps that I buy there monthly prescription but even that doesn't last. I'd say I'm worse than most post I have read cause oral or snorting no longer works I now shot them I can't function normal can't work can't find help. I have 2disabled parents ams 2 kids to take care of. I tried c t with uncontrollable shakes and pain. I'm scared I feel like I have nowhere to turn but I'm strong I. Will beat this I just pray its before it's to late any advise for a broke mom bought to lose her home and family? _
I 100 % agree with you. I've been going back and forth for 4 years between 30 mg oxycodone (about 5-10 a day) and when i couldnt get that I would get suboxone. I am now a Month completely clean!! The Best advice I have learned through these horrible 4 years of using would be to NOT TAKE SUBOXONE longer than a week. I have known many people who have been on subs for a year of more and when they try to stop those the withdrawals are worst and last much longer than oxycodone. What people need to get into there heads, is that theres no easy way to do it. We put ourselves into this position so you just have to suck it up and deal with it. I have tried to quit many times before and would just substitute oxy for suboxone and when I ran out of suboxone or convinced my friends and family I was clean I would just go back to oxy's. You really have to WANT to get clean for it to work. You have to want to do it for YOU. I know a lot of you guys have heard that before and I did too. I can definitily see how true that is now. You can want to get clean for family or a friend too but you have to want to do it for you first. Trust me no matter how good the opiates make you feel its all fake and as I look back now on the 4 years I used I can safely say that I wasnt happy at all. When your using, your dead to the world and barley have any emotions at all. Before I go I just wanna say again, we didnt get ourselves into this mess overnight so dont expect your w/d symtoms (symptoms) to get better over night. It's going to be tough and a struggle but I guarentee you it will make you a much stronger person in the end if you can kick the habit. I hope my post helps someone and remember dont take suboxone longer than a week. I love all you guys and I know you can do it!! If I could do it anybody can. Life is way too short to drowned it all away on drugs and I wasted 4 years of my life using opiates, I'm 24 now and plan on living my life to the fullest every day the rest of my life.

Anthony

Anthony
Been taking percs for over a year. Have been forced to WD many times but would get some the second or third day..until I ran out again a week later. It's up and down, rich then poor, energy no energy..and our kids know what we're doing whether we think so or not and it's going to affect the way they conduct their own lives. I know its time to stop. WD is hell on Earth, but many ppl are suffering far worse. I just want to know exactly how long I will feel so bad. :(
WOW! I'm so happy I stumbled across this blog! I always knew I was not alone, but seeing everyones posts solidifies that I'm not alone.  My husband and I have both been taking oxys, him for his back, me for RA and Fibro.for more than a year now.  I'm kidding myself to think that just because we get them prescribed that we're not junkies. I'm in the mind set to walk away and stop, but I'm scared as well. How will I handle the pain that my Fibro and Arthritis brings? I suffered before, but now with the "meds" the pain isn't so bad. I used to hide our usage from our son, but now he knows that mom and dad take a pill every so often during the day. He knows that we get them from our doctor which makes him think that it's OK that we're doing it. I know I'm kidding myself.  I'll be happy when I no longer have to depend on them.
Everyone!!! Ive been through all the ups and downs of the horrible things that doctors give us. They feed us pills to get addicted to then leAve us out there to fend for ourselves. I call ********!!!
Theres somEthing out now called suboxone or subutex or buprinorphine. Each one has the same end result. It eliminates withdrawals and lets you live a normal life while getting off pills. But ya have to do it exactly as advised. Theres a taper method. Super easy! Email me and ill tell ya how to do it. Bottom line....theres hope! Your already at the bottom so it cant get worse( well, that goes without sayin).
I have to say I would not recommend suboxone at all. I've been dealing with oxy addiction for about 1  year ( I know it's not as long as many of you here but it's still such a big problem). So in the summer I started to quit oxys and went to see a doctor to get suboxone prescribed. While going through the oxy withdrawal, I took the subs and I'll admit it worked wonders. It almost immediately took the symptoms away. But what I didn't get informed on was that if you try to quit suboxone you get horrible withdrawals too. The perscription for that was for a couple of months in my case, but for some people they put them on that for years. Anyway, when I tried to stop the suboxone, the withdrawals for that were 10 times worse than oxy withdrawals. For oxy I started feeling better after 3 or 4 days, but for subs I was going through hell for 1 month when I gave up and turned to oxy's again. And here I am , attempting to quit oxy's for my 2nd time. I will pray for all you souls that are going through this hard time, but don't replace an addiction with another. Get support, my boyfriend is in the same situation as I am and I can't imagine going through this alone. Please keep your heads up and don't give up. After you come out of this a winner, it will be a lesson learned. I say this for myself too, because I have not been successful....yet. I will post again in one month to let you know that I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.
I am in the exact same boat and feel like dying today! I was taking approximately 80-120mg of oxys, vics, percs, anything I could find. I just ran out of money and ended up on probation and NEED to stop, I'm going broke and life is spiriling out of control, I have to work tomorrow, but i only gave myself saturday and sunday to detox and it's just not enough, I don't know what to do!!!
i rather get shoot then go throught wd

Hi there this will be my first time without morphine in about 5 yrs and I'm scared of the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms can anyone help me with what I'm to exspect?
Ya there is no way but the hard way sorry to say.I have been on 16 80 mg tabs of oxy for almost three years.thatian  1280 mg a day.The Canadian Government is cracking down on Scrips like this.For the last few months i cut myself down to 8 a day then to 2 then to one for a few days.Now for about a week i have been Oxy free .I Know it is very uncomfortable and border line madding.All worth it to be rid of this burdensome drug.
Hello sunny, be strong first off. While im only on day 3 Gabapentin, or Nuerontin as i also see it referred to as has so far been a miracle for me. I mean, i have had no choice but to detox a few times while waiting for refills, and it has always been absolute he double hockey sticks. I was prescribed the gabapentin after i had a seizure....yup and you can imagine what caused it. The gabapentin has been amazing, no rls, sweats, sleeplessness, nothing but a few chills throughout the day, and some sneezing. I dont know that this would work for you, but i wanted to share because anything that can help is worth sharing. Ive learned that we are surrounded by friends here, so hang in, and check in regularly, you will find so much support here xoxo s
glad to here someone just do it and quite complaining about wd its not the worst thing that can happen to you and its not permanent like losing a leg or something so i say to evryone out there just do it do the best you can if you fail try again eventualy youll get there
Find a doctor , any doctor , and ask to speak confidentally to him. Get a professional opinion. Opinions are free. Ask for his advice only. Maybe you could go to your boss and speak honestly and let him know you genuinely want help. You won't be able to hide it for long and at least you are being up front about it. Don't give up, you will get through this.
hey guys im 17years old and i was addicted for oxys for about a year snorting like 3 80s a day sometimes even banging em but i hated to bang em so i jus snorted em, the first day i took oxycotton my life went into a sprial down hill from there..i did things i despice things i thoght ill never do i did..i stole from my loved ones, and many people i did anytthing to get my nex fix it basiclly controlled me for a year listen.. oxycotton changed me as a person my freinds didnt chill with me and it hurt me and everything i did and everywhere i went i needed oxy it hurt me so much it hurt to see my dad and mom cry..i cryed to my self many times for becoming what i thought ill never be, so my mom decided to send me to england to detox and im oringally from canada my dads live in canada and mom lives in uk so i took a flight to england, and now currently im on day 3 of withdrawl (withdrawal), and i cryed everyday of my withdrawl (withdrawal) and just want this **** to end man, u might say im weak, but i jus broke out and was very vulnerable and jus wished to go back to canada and grab another 80 but i knew this  was the best thing for me that itll be hard but itll be defiently worth it in the end, because i spent so much money on that **** man i sold weed to pay for my habit and it was ****** up man.. i spent atleast 20grand on this **** man, ima be in uk for about a month i hope when i go back to canada i dont turn to the oxys again, because thats the worst thing has happend to me and never wanna get addicted again... i hope i feel better on my 4th day but whatever il get through this i guess.. juss gotta be strong and handle this **** like a man, all that good i was feeling from the oxys is punishing me and now im gettng all that bad basiclly karma from what i did to everyone.. i jus wish this **** cud end man and im glad im not alone through this that actually makes me feel alot better to be honest, things i wud to help is take sleeping pills blaze up and benzos and **** drink alot of water man u need to flush that **** out of your system, take immodium for the *****, to be honest i didnt get the ***** but people do.. i got prescribed tramdol for my withdrawl (withdrawal), and been taking those.. i hope i dont withdrawl (withdrawal) from those... would i? i dont know ****. but they barely help i still feel my withdrawl (withdrawal) when i take em but whatever. i hope everyone gets off this devil drug, trust me this drug is the devil trust me when i say that, it takes the devil out of u too..i jus wish i never got onto this, because my brother was on it before me and he banged like 3-4 80s a day and only banged him, i guess i was doing better then him, but he went to england as well to detox and he told me his withdrawl (withdrawal) lasted a month but i knowm ine wont he got back on it cuz i started doing it and i guess he got tempted to do it again, and me and him did 80s everyday and if we cudnt get that we gotta go get the other stuff, the H the herion yeah.. i was on methadone for about a week but kept relapsing so i guess sending me to uk was the only thing to make me quit and my brother quit, but hes in canda now on methadone and im in england detoxing, hes been clean for a while now from the oxy but hes still on the methadone, and i didnt wanna get on it cuz i kept relapsing so i jus went to uk to handle this **** and i am currently doing that as im typing this ****, i feel for all of u guys trust me i do.. i hope the best for everyone and hope that u guys get clean, peace out good luck -1-
As I read everyones stories I can't help but think that mine isn't as bad, but today is my first day of cold turkey. I weined myself off last week and it worked, but I live with my boyfriend who also does them and he got one, so obviously I did it with him... I have been hooked on perc 30's. My older brother was really bad with heroin for most of my life and I watched him go in and out of rehabs and go through the withdrawals which has scared me so I guess that's why I haven't gotten into anything worse.. But I am still pissed at myself for doing this. I have always been into pills here and there but it has been every day for almost a year now. I stopped for a week in october and only wanted 1 for the weekend that turned into doing them every day until today... I've asked my parents for money to get them, which they are struggling with money. I feel horrible. I used to be such an honest, goal oriented person, and now i have no friends really except my boyfriend who is my enabeler.. I am a college student that has school and work every day so I need to feel "normal" to get through my day. I am hoping I can be done with these though. I would say I have been doing about 60-90 miligrams of percs a day.. I think back and don't even know how it got that bad.. I am about to graduate college in December and landed an awesome job. I don't want to mess any of this up and I want to be CLEAN and feel the actual "normal" a person should feel.. As for tramadol, that stuff is awesome !! and it is non narcotic so it is not addicting, and you do not have withdrawals from it.. I wish I had some, or anxiety meds at least. That's the worse part to me.. The anxiety gets to me really bad and that's why I started using these because i felt like I could be social and in public without feeling anxiety. I also did them I think because I supressed the pain of my past, I've lost a lot of people close to me and have been through more trauma than anyone I know at least at my age. I know that is no excuse either. I am studying to be a psychologist so I can use my knowledge about this to hopefully work in a rehab center and help others.. I'm gonna try my best to be completely done for my families sake.. Wish me luck :/ ..
Hi This is a very old thread.If you want you can go to the top of the page and click on post a question and then yuo will have your own dedicated thread and lots of people will help and support you.Also,tramadol is an opioid and is a narcotic complete with withdrawal symptoms(actually horrible ones) of it's own.
I understand your position. When I went through the same, probation and a serious oxy addiction I finally got the nerve to be honest with my probation officer. I was worried she would throw me in jail. She didn't, she helped me get into a proper detox, and it was hard as hell but I have been completely oxy free for 123 days. I feel great and am starting to get my life, my health and my proper sleep back. Get the help you need before it is too late, and being honest as scary as it is, will be your best bet! Good luck
Narcotic withdraw/opiate withdraw is the worst feeling in the world, i would rather have a hundred babies and go through a hundred labors than ever feel like that again, well thats what I told myself after the first time I went cold turkey from any pill I could get my hands on, plus shooting morphine/dilaudid/fentanyl multiple times daily. But being an addict and completely ashamed of what I had done, I told no one and pretended I was sick for like 2 weeks, which I honestly was the sickest I had ever been in my life.  I don't know what was worse the constant restless legs, the sweats or the non-stop diarrhea.  It was the worst way to lose 27lbs ever.  Don't be fooled by doctors weaning you off with tramadol or subx, they are just as addicitve.  I am now going to very quickly be coming off tramadol, yeah its not narcotic but it is an opiate, and your body reacts exactly the same.  My advice is, stay hydrated, no matter how much you don't want to put anything in your body, lots of vitamins, and get some anxiety meds to help you sleep.  Also juice, benadryl if you get a tons of itching, but careful cause you can get hooked on that too.  Go to an NA or AA meeting or find a number and call someone, you don't need to know them.  They don't judge, and nearly all of them have been addicted to drugs and alcohol.  They are literally waiting for you to call so they can help you.  If you have medical problems like HTN and are embarrased to tell your doc about the addiction, make sure you are taking your BP meds on schedule and monitoring your vitals.  Always make sure there is someone else around, even if they don't know why you are sick, just in case something goes really wrong.  Remember you are not alone, obviously you can find millions of people online that have been addicted to any substance and know what you are going through.  It felt impossible for me the first time, I think because I was using so heavily, but walk or run, it really is the only thing I have found that helps the RLS.  I would be in my basement pacing at 3am so I didn't wake up my husband and daughter.  You will get though it, it may be a few days, or you maybe like me and feel like hell for a few weeks.  But eventually you will pick yourself up, and fell better and wonder why you ever started in the first place.  When that happens, I strongly suggest you go to NA or AA, not much difference really.  Work a program and make friends who know your first name and don't care what terrible things you have done, they only want to see you succeed. Oh, and DO NOT FOR ANY REASON KEEP PILLS OR WHATEVER IT IS IN THE HOUSE JUST IN CASE! YOU ARE AN ADDICT, MAKE NO MISTAKE, OUR BRAINS ARE SICK, AND YOU WILL BREAK DOWN AND YOU WILL TAKE THEM TO RELIEVE THE DISCOMFORT AND YOU WILL JUST START ALL OVER ONCE THEY ARE GONE! Good luck, to anyone who reads this, its not comforting, but pray to whatever you call your higher power or whatever you believe in and you can do it.
i am going through detox from a doctor that i went to see today.  i walked off of a methadone clinic because they are just as bad as the drug dealers out there all they want is their money.  so do what this guy says and get some help with a doctor.  if you are serious in wanting help it is there you just have to find the right doctor good luck and i know that it ***** i have been through this many times and hopefully this will be my last.
I would like to say that I have struggled with addiction to opiates for 6 years now, and I am now 25. I'm one of those semi functional addicts, where my life almost seems 100% normal. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and finally figured out that this whole time, all these 6 years, I have been my own worst enemy. I chose to get high every day and blow my money. And I very well could have stopped myself. Ya it ***** for a couple weeks but damn, think of it...only two more weeks of suffering compared to how many more years if you don't quit?? You will be surprised, if you are one of those strong people, that once you stop and a month or two goes by, you'll notice that no matter how bad off you were when you were using, your life will seem so much better, quick. That guilt that you carry around every day, and that self pity is gone. You now are your own person again, in charge of your own life. You actually ARE HAPPY again, that happy feeling that you get naturally over little things come back and you start to fall in love with life again.It's AMAZING to realize that these pain killers only provide us one emotion, and that is euphoria, but its a fake happiness, and it's only one degree of happiness where as when your sober again, you get super excited by some things, while other things may give you butterflies....you get your excitement back. And I also realized that all this time I was depressed because the chemicals in my brain where ****** up. So I hope each and every one of you will atleast give yourselves a day of being clean and by the end of that day, realize that you made it through one day, and try another, and another, and before you know it, you're happy again. Everyone can do it, it's just a matter of wanting your life back bad enough, because it does come back. It does. It's up to you. Suck it up and grab some weed, some pepto, some icecream and sweat it out. Keep moving around, doing stuff helps keep your mind off it and with every accomplishment your hope starts coming back. Realize that you have to do this. I'm not a religous person, but I pray for everyone in this situation. You can do it.
I know how tuff it is to come off opiates its not the easiest thing in the world! But when your in cronic (chronic) pain everyday and all the over the counter stuff doesn't work you really don't have a choice. My suggestion to you is ween yourself off the meds because if you just stop taken them the withdraw is horendious just start off with what u do then take away a few. Miligrams a day it might take u a while to do it but atleast you won't be going through major withdraws and that way your body will adjust to it
Hi, I have been on every opiate on the planet, I was in a catastrophic accident 5yrs. Ago(was hit thrown 80 feet on foot by a transport truck) I have God's Grace's on my side but am telling you. I've sold as well every opiate known to man. I am currently on Fentanyl Transdermal patches, and to just wear?, they are great!, too bad I don't just wear em .. Anyways due to a thief in my house, they went missing. I had to go to a methadone clinic & am on (immidiately) 20mg's of methadone. Now I don't feel as Hellish as b4 but still am a pile a ****. Tomorrow @ 12am(or later) I need to get my refill (Tuesday) but July 27th have a meeting w/ my pain Dr. and want to be put on Buprenorphine & subtext as I hear they are the best for opiate w/d's & pain mgmnt. I am on currently 150mcg's of Fentanyl
heroin wd. felt like i was dying for 5 days 6th day i felt better. your post is identical except i swang 7 days of 2 days of them on my schedule normally and i ****** up going into work sun feeling the sickness and wanted to function at work normally. mon i had off and messed around at 4pm now tomorrow i work and am scared ill start thw wd but if i can get through tues and wed thurs i have off and sat also possible i can detox 2 times in 2 weeks and still have my job. wish me luck
Hey it's Renee,
I live in Fairbanks Ak and I was an opiate addict for 10 years so I know what your going through but you can get better like I did... I'm on a methadone program and I've been on it since Febyary 4,2009... I've stayed clean... They have a methadone clinic in Anchorage Ak too it's on 4 th ave downtown righ next to the job center... I wish u the best of luck...
please stay strong angel. push through the pain so you can finally make it to a life with out constant concern of figuring out how to numb something out. face it and forgive yourself. you always have today. dont get tied up in the past and pine away. focus on the beauty of it all and push through. in our darkest hours its then that the light shines the brightest. im here if u need someone ***@****  sending wishes for love light and bliss <3
I have been addicted to almost every pain medication there is over the past 10 years I would say,the withdrawals are always terrible!about four years ago my adoptive mother passed away and a month later my daughter was born.from the point I found out I was with child up until almost a year ago I was sober and happy.my fiance lost his job and we were left with no choice but to move into my birth mothers house,she began bribing me with her tramadol to clean the house or pretty much do whatever she wanted.my life has been hell ever since the moment we moved here,I don't have the money to leave,I have told her several times to please stop giving them to me,to please stop bribing me.everytime she gets angey at me for anything she cuts me off and I'm forced to withdrawal hard.my daughter is my life and I manage to force a smile even when I'm suffering.not to mention I've never had a babysitter because of the awful things that happened to me as a child,I'm afraid someone will hurt her.I just want it to stop,I was doing so well and I still want to,I feel powerless and even though I keep saying no she still leaves them lying there every single day.I just don't know what to do
Every one says to taper down and get off of it? If your an addict like mysel, how do you stop yourself from taking all you can.
I was able to get off of a 7 year dependency/addiction of roxy's with no physical withdrawals. My Dr put me on a liquid cocktail, consisting of methadone, phenobarbital and clonidine. Each bottle contained one weeks worth and he would lower it by 10% every week. I did not get sick once. It's been over 2 years now and I occasionally still think about them... both emotionally and because I live in pain due to breaking my back and a massively failed surgery. But... after getting off of them, my pain was reduced by 50%. Worth checking into, as I've done c/t a few times, but this was a breeze. Just remember you will have PAWS and that can be difficult, but each day gets better.
Hey There scaredlittlegrl - I am also withdrawing right now. You have been through withdrawl (withdrawal) once before in a rehab. You know what is coming for you. You are going to have to stand strong and say do i really want to be a junkie the rest of my life? Those words put in it really opens up this addiction to what it really is. These opiates should never be perscribed to anyone they are too addictive. They should be illegal. Stand Strong you can do this but I hope and pray you will push through this... Let me know how it goes....
I was on percs, 10/325 8 a day for 3 years, then put on dilaudid 6 a day and oxycontin  20 mg twice a day a couple months ago. I took my last oxycontin at 6am Monday morning, and it is now 1:38am Tuesday morning. Around 3pm Monday afternoon is when I started to feel the withdrawals. Not fun! Then around 11:30pm Monday evening I took 20 mg ridlin (adhd meds) to help take the edge off, which it did. Still doing alright. A lot of you talk about this withdrawal process lasting a couple of weeks. I hope not. I see my Doc on Wednesday morning. Maybe he will suggest another route to take instead of just stopping cold turkey :) We shall see. I was hoping there would be something over the counter I could take to help feel better. I did see the post about the berry motrin. I will have to try it. I have a positive outlook and I know I can do this! I started taking them for my lower back. I have djd, a bulging disc, and some other stuff. I rather deal with the back pain than be on pills forever :) Good luck everyone and may God be with you! Just keep in mind, this is mostly mental, so positive thinking is a must! The mind is a very powerful tool and can either do you in, or pull you through with no problems. That all depends on you and how you choose to think :)
It started for me with a construction related back injury . Taking 15 30 mg of the blueberries. I spent 10,000 cash and went to a 24 hour detox center in nyc . I was clean for 15 days . I think I take the pills to calm down and because they give me energy. I don't get ripped or high off of them. They do kill my pain . I was clean for 3 months with subs. Then I screwed up again . Now I am back on the subs . A 30 mg pill costs $25 bucks in nyc . I am tired of wasting my money . Good luck to all . My advice is take suboxone! And don't take a high dose !  And then get off of the subs !
i love ur post AMEN
I recently went through withdraw from Oxycontin 80,  Percocet 10/325, Backlofen 20, and Ambien.  (I took all of them except the Ambien three to four times a day) Ive had multiple back surgeries and still have genuine, chronic pain, and this is the reason Ive been on these medications for so many years. Now with that having been said, the reason  for my withdraw was because I am currently in between Dr.s.

Before I offer information on what helped me, I just want to point out that there is a difference between being dependent upon opiod medications and being addicted to them. (A wise Dr I had several years ago enlightened me about this) If you are addicted your road will be much harder than someone who is not abusing but simply using the medication as directed. I will also say, it is easy to go from dependence to addiction. The important thing is being able to identify which is which and be completely honest with yourself. Either way, if youve been taking this stuff regularly, you are going to have withdraw when you stop... the opiods dont discriminate when it comes to that!

Ok, moving on. All the things Im going to mention next are either things I was told by a Dr, a nurse, or is something I researched on my own and worked for me. Remember, everyone is different, and no matter what you do (besides taking more opiods) nothing is going to completely eliminate the symptoms. Im not a healthcare professional, this is simply what helped me stay as comfortable as possible.

1. IBUPROFERIN: Helps that awful creepy-crawly-restless- tense-twitchy feeling in muscles. (I took about 800 mg 3x a day and again if it got really bad at night)
2. NAPROXIN SODIUM:  Helps with the pain in general and is ok to take with the IBU. It makes a great combo because one is an analgesic and the other NSAID pain reliver. (at least thats my understanding of what I was told by a Dr. - I took 2-3, 220mg pills along with the IBU)
3. BENADRYL: The antihistamine helps with the runny nose and sneezing. The other ingredient (the one that makes you sleepy) will take the edge off of the anxiety, restlessness, and panic feelings. You can also use these to help with sleep. (Benadryl is also ok to take with the IBU and Naproxen. I took one Benadryl with each dose of the IBU & NS)
4. HOT SHOWER/BATH: Like many, I had huge problems sleeping. However, Id jump in the shower and get the water as hot as I could stand it and just stand in it for a while right before I wanted to try to sleep. For whatever reason it helps with the restlessness. Each night I did it, I got more sleep than the nights I didnt.
5. SLEEP AID: Get a bottle of over the counter sleep aid and take a couple before you lay down to try to sleep. Depending on if your system is used to taking stuff like this or not will dictate how well it helps you sleep.
6. IMODIUM (immodium): Take one or two of these a day to help with the diariah. It may also help keep the stomach cramps to a minimum.
7. STAY BUSY/EXERSIZE: If you can, get up and do something! Do anything! As long as youre moving your body parts its going to help not only keek you from going crazy watching the endless ticking seconds pass but also helps with feeling better overall. I found it especially helpful for that creepy crawly crap. It  keeps your mind busy and will also contribute to you being able to sleep a little better.
8. CANDY/CHEWING GUM: Your sense of taste may be screwed up for a while. (I think it has something to do with the opiods changing the Ph in your saliva? but dont quote me on that) I suggest stocking up on some of this to help with that wierd taste and (for me) cotton mouth feeling.
9. TAPER DOWN: If at all possible, try to cut the amount of opiods youre taking down over a period of time. For me I was only able to do it for ten days. I went from taking everything 3 or 4x a day to only taking 1 &12 x day. I did this for about the first five days. Then I cut my consumption from that to only taking a quarter of each pill 3x a day. Did this for three days, then I cut it again so I was only taking 1/8th of each pill 3x a day. Did that until it ran out. So basically, I went from taking three 80mg oxys a day to taking the equivelant of 10mg oxys three times a day. Idealy, a taper down should take much, much longer than this, but it was all I had (because I dont buy illegally) and had to make it work in my favor as much as possible. I believe even doing a taper down this quick allowed me to minimize the severity of my WD symptoms.
10.  EAT: Your appetite is going to be non existent but you *need* to eat. I made a point to eat as regularly as I would before quitting the opiods. Its important for a lot of reasons. First its going to help the diariah a little if your system has something in it to process. It will also help with the stomach cramps for the same reason. In addition, your body needs nutriution which is whats going to reduce that "sluggish - dragging *** - cant get up and get started"  feeling. Lastly, if you eat when you take the OTC medicine it will help it work better and will keep your stomach from being any more upset than it already is. You dont want all the IBU, NS, and Benadryl just sitting on your empty stomach. Not good. If you just absolutely can not eat, take a multi vitamin to at least help supplument your nutrition.
11. DONT DRINK ALCOHOL: I tried getting a little soused on the first or second night in an effort to get some sleep, any sleep, but it only made my symptoms worse...  especially the diariah and the creepy crawly twitching restlessness. (If you havent figured it out by now the creepy crawly twitching is my least favorite symptom) Drinking may work for others, but my experience says its not a good idea. =)

Well, that is all... I wish all of you good luck, good health, and strong support from your friends and family. I know my post is long, but I hope sharing my experience can help someone else in some way.
I have lost everyone an everything because i chose drugs i feel so horrible I'm on day two going c/t been a addictfor 7 years in ready to b clean but in scared to death i want b able to do it by my self i have two kids 7 an 2  i just want to b clean fir them an not worry about finding dope every day im 31 now lost my job of 11.5 years  6 months ago an im tired of being this way
Hello......

I'm on day five of not taking em norco 10/325.  The sleep part has been hell.  
Where did you get the suboxone?
I've quit opiates and subs. In order to finally quit, I used about 4-8mg of Xanax a day (at first), Gatorade/Powerade/Vitamin Water, Tylenol/Advil, Protein Shakes like Muscle Milk, Loperamide, & benadryl. The liquids that I listed kept you hydrated. You need to slowly begin to eat and exercise, even if it's just a little at a time. Loperamide (Immodium AD) is an OTC opiate used for diarrhea that doesn't cross the BBB, so it won't get you high but it'll stop the sh*ts and RLS and stomach pains. The tylenol/advil for any headaches or body pain. The benadryl for help with the sneezing, running nose, watery eyes, & restlessness. The most important factor in a quitting supply kit is Xanax. Be cautious because these are somewhat addictive if overused or used improperly. These completely eliminate all anxiety, muscle cramps, insomnia, & put you in a good mood. It's almost impossible to OD on Xanax, so don't mess around with tiny doses, take enough so that you feel it. 1.5-3mgs per dose should make you feel MUCH better.  Keep in mind, they are addictive,  so proceed with caution. Xanax will also give you the munchies, which is good during withdrawal. Suboxone WD doesn't start for 2-3 days until after your last dose, and heroin/oxy withdrawal begins 12-24 hous after your last dose so you shouldn't start this regime until then. Having something to occupy your time like DVD box sets, books, magazines, ANYTHING. The withdrawal will last 3-5 weeks with subs and 2-4 weeks with oxy/heroin/vicodin, ect, so it'll cost some dollars to buy all these supplies, but your sobriety is worth it so stick to it, you can/you NEED, to do this. Cut down on your Xanax and loperamide use by 25% each week. Also, never take more than 3,000 mgs of tylenol a day, it's awful for your liver. I've helped 44 people stay clean from subs & opiates with this plan and I have a day by day instructional guide to follow and I also provide all the meds that I listed. I'm also available for 24/7 telephone or email support. Your party is over. It's time for you to get your life back!!! My email address is ***@****. Try it my way and set your life free. Your old life is waiting for you. Take care.
Jeff
tylenol or asprin to manage blood pressure, drink minimum of gallon of water every day...find a complete multi-vitamin and double-up on the dosage(opiates leach important vitamins and minerals from your system)  develop a strick sleep schedule, ideally you should take 4 melatonin tablets each night before bedtime. you should schedule 8 hrs of sleep each night..no more no less. when you wake immediately drink 2 five hr energy drinks. these last  2 are very important, once you wake up immediately begin an exercise routine, an hour of something..and really break a sweat(your body will respond and begin producing the feel good chemicals the drugs were providing ie.seratonin) finally and most importantly, your body will respond and you can recover completely and in a reasonable amount of time...it's true and if you choose to buy-in and believe this your body will follow your mind out of the misery you find yourself in...I promise you it will work and your body will repsond, all you have to do is be honest enough with yourself to believe and to give a 100% to this process, do not lie to yourself and you will recover to a point much happier than you ever were before or during your drug addiction. physically you will feel less than great for approx a week, but the harder you exercise the quicker your recovery, emotionally your gonna need to fight for as long as a month(less time if you have access to and anti-depressant) Anti-depressant simply prevent your body from discarding the feel good chemicals your trying to replace.
You are stronger than you know right now, but when you break thru to the happy and healthy side...no drug will be able to replace that kind of joy.  
I was a 20 year opiate addict, believe me its not magic and every one can beat it...even you.  Now go get your life BACK!!!!!

i can totally agree with you on this withdrawl (withdrawal). i have been on pain meds since 1999 and i have been in and out of rehab and detox and now of that helped. i got clean and now im still battleing this crap. i have been thru all these withdrawls way to many times and i should know how i was going to feel after i detox. my life was so much better and everything i lost was finally coming back and then i went back out again and forgot about all the stuff that i got bad. i keep getting worse and worse and cant live like this anymore. i was taken 450mg of oxyocode and 80mg of dudlide and i started to use the needle and it has destroyed me. im on my 3rd day again and my opinion is keep going and dont look back. these pills will kill you. indise and out and EVERYONE is way BETTER then them. keep your mind focus cause anyone can go thru cold turkey. you just need to want it and not have to do it cause if thats the case you will never stay clean if someone fources you to do it. keep up the good work!!!
Have any of you guys tried the suboxone strips or they come in capsules. it takes away all of your withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms and your doctor should be able to tapper you off those. it attacks the recepter in your brain that makes you addicted.
what a lovely and helpful post, it's given me renewed hope for a better future, thank-you :)
I couldn't have said it better u explain this wicked life lesson to a Tee. It is one of the hardest things a person will ever have  to go threw. I know all to will i detox for 31 days it's a very long road you think will never end. I can't have explained it better than you. Thank god for people like you out there. Best Wishes and God Bless you.
I have been on large amounts of oxycontin for two years and I am currently reducing the mgs until I don't take them anymore.  You must be under a doctor's care to slowly withdrawal from these opiate based drugs.The doctor gave me Clonidine to help with the icky flu like symptoms..it takes a while but is finally starting to help, although he reduced it to 1 per day instead of two as it is a blood pressure medicine and my blood pressure got way to low. All I can tell you is the information above to discuss with a doctor; it's hard emotional work and you will have to fight it with everything you've got, but stick to it..eat healthy and try to get some kind of exercise and most important...drink lots of water..get minerals and elctrolytes in your system. Don't give up..eventually you will be free of this horrible addiction and get your life back.
If you want to talk, feel free to email me..it's a rollercoaster to be honest with you, but never give up.
Alexandria
I'm right there with you, hopefully you're doing better now. You might have to bite the bullet and tell your parents, and go to an intensive outpatient treatment which is what I am doing where you go to doctors specializing in addiction and have group meetings. I relapsed and got worse for 3 weeks and promptly put myself back in the program, and my insurance is paying for it. My parent's while worried are happy that I am doing something to stop it.

After that and you have been clean I would recommend shopping around for AA meetings until you find one that suits you, with people that you like. AA is better than NA usually because in NA you get a lot of forever junkies that may be clean (but probly aren't) who just like to talk nostalgically about their drug days as if it was something to be proud of. For example they'll be like "I was ODing on bathsalts and shooting speedballs every day selling ounces of dope" like it was cool and they miss it.

In AA you get spiritual people (I am not religious, and I don't mean religious nutjobs but I mean truly nice, caring, clean people) who truly respect sobriety, and have achieved it. I think that this is necessary to staying clean to have these people that you can look up to who are struggling like you, but have managed to achieve sobriety for longer times than I. I stopped going to meetings and got really relaxed, and went to a music festival thinking "well I'll just do a little x, a little acid, no big deal, smoke some weed, just like the good old days" While I did have fun and turned down dope at the festival, 4 days later after being home I had already found dope and was shooting it up again.

I now realize that I have been an addict forever (smoking weed everyday since 14, I'm 24 now) and to stay clean I need to be fully sober, and I need good role models to do that. Go to meetings, go to a doctor who will prescribe you colonadine (not colonopin) and some 800 Ibuprofins for w/d. Last resort weed and benzos, but then you have to kick them after you withdrawel I'd rather do it all at once.  You can do this. The group meetings are what will allow you really wrap your mind around the benefits of sobriety, and how to keep a positive, non destructive mindstate. Without the meetings your mind will just try to cope the only way it knows how, which is to get high.

Hey Anthony, I was on 3 to 4 MS Contin per day, my dr dropped me to 7 kadians twice per day and is planing on putting me on suboxone after I have tapered down some what, how much should I tapper off the kadians before going on the subs and last of all will I go through deadly wd after a week of suboxone? As you say not to stay on them for more than a week? Right? Please help I'm scard as ****! Have a great family which are all supportive but they don't deserve this hell!
hi is this ost or is people stil on here ? i got 30's and etting shots in the back, all that    ,that comes with pain mgmt. thng is i am having w/d every 3 hours i been taking 8 roxi's a day , i took suboxone last month , but was put back on the roxi;s , why am i having to use so much , is the subxone playing a role in this? i figure  i got 62 left , when i run out 2 weks early this time , i'me thru , going to dtox a 10 day program, they use phenebarbatol and clonodine and one more med i think, anyway either that or right now i gotta cut back to 3 a day to make  it to next refil, i really want off , so really what is best way? c/t or taper? my wife will help or wait on me to do detox , ime disabled, i got bad back and leg problems, but this medicene dont help much anymore, i taking 800 ibuprophen with it and it helps more,i stay in bed i dont wanna do nothing , ime keep having muscle spasm's all over legs ,is it from laying around for weeks or the medicine? i lost , i also take 3 - 1mg klonopin a day , and i cut them back already to 1 in the morning and 1 at night , 5;th day doing this , i trying to figure out whats causing the skin crawling ,cold sweat evet 3 hours or so , i never took more than 5 or 6 in a day until i tried  the suboxone . sorry for all  the type errors i just have 000000000000 patience right now, also scarred and worried, anyone that got any advise  i would  be very thankful for , oh yea i get 120 of the 30 roxi,s every month , so with that said should i just suffer thru a tapper plan with wife and kids helping, my kids are 17 and 21 , yhey no this all started from a bad 18 wheeler wreck, i never even drank , nothing until these pain pills , dr sent me to pain management 6 years ago after reading mri. so been doing opiates 6 years, the 30;s about 4 years the klonopin about 8 months, am i bad addicted to the klon by now? would i be in danger of a seizure quitting or only taking one at night, not been on them real long, didnt even no they were so addictive and dangerous to stop, i just want my life back, to do stuf again , i just so depressed    help anyone
I'm on day seven of self detoxing and still breathin' and just wanna encourage all out there and wish the best with this battle we've been having so much fun with. (sorry but i'm a bit sarcastic this week) i started taking percs about 15 yrs ago, eventually i got up to 4- 80mg oxy's a day. i started taking them because of lower back pain but found out right away that the biggest benefit for myself was an ability to be comfortable talking to other people. i've been to a coupla headshrinks over depression over the years but anxiety has never been brought up. Anyway, i went from the 4 -80mg oxy's  a day to taking a half by tapering down over just one week. The w/d's were insane just like the half dozen times i kicked it cold turkey before. I had some clonazapam to help me sleep and some gabapentin to help with the crawling skin and muscle pain. I also tried weed for the first time in many years, to help me sleep as well. immodium helped the digestive system a bit, but still had a lot of cramping. Day five i finally felt a little better but no strength. I didn't eat or drink much thru w/d's, just tried to sleep it off with netflix running 24/7 to help pass the time. Started drinking boost and ensure to get some vitamins in me but thats mostly what i'm living on until stomach settles a little more
I'm not sure if i'm gonna manage to stay off them or not. The back pain has returned with a vengance. Because i have issues with talking to groups or really anybody i don't know ,AA or NA  meetings are beyond my reach. I live alone, have very few friends and nobody knows of my slowly self destructive habit except the family relation that i've been buying them from. Besides meetings, does anybody have any ideas to help a person just stay off oxy's? The little round buggers are just a short drive away, way too close and I will see on a regular basis, the person that supply's them. I also wonder how long it takes to feel at least close to normal. I've kicked for a few months before but went back to them because i just couldn't take the anxiety, pain or depression. Anti-depressants have never worked for me and i've tried a lot of them. I've never taken anything for anxiety. W/d's are hell but you will get thru them,
Nothing about this world we lead is easy. I've gotten myself off and back on so many times I can't even count anymore. My body hurts, my mind is a mess...I can't even think straight. I feel so hopeless, why do I continue to do this to myself? Now I'm trying my ******* hardest this time to do it right. I'm only on day three, I haven't slept, can barely eat and I'm completely alone. So alone that I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I'll be 23 later this month and I feel like I wasted my youth. I have nothing to show for all of my hard work....except the addiction and the pain.
I so understand how you feel. Why do I keep doing this to myself, and family. Me, and my hubby plan on getting back on suboxone after Xmas. Right now we can't afford it due to our children. We want them to have a good xmas. But if you think about all the money we spend...Yeah we could of paid for our meds! I wish everyone on here good luck, and best wishes.... This is day one for me, and I'm scared. I'm going to try my best to fight it, and beat it.
You can do it! I am wrestling the same problem. I have used for 10 years on and off after a pair of heart surgeries. I am 30 years old and want to reclaim my life. Stay strong, look at the little ones and know they are worth it.
u are not alone be strong u can beat this