Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
oppions needed..!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

oppions needed..!!

So I am a 22 year old with two amazing sons ages 4 and 4months....I don't really know where to start with this because its such a big issue!! but fount out my babies father is a heroin user he is 31 and been using for 10+ years I have always believed him to be over it and working on getting off methadone as I believed he got drug tested when he went to get his new methadone script and if failed he would not be allowed his prescription but obviously not this is just one of the many stories I have been told by him!!
So back to 2013 I am not with him but obviously love him and I believe he does love us but why does he still do that every day?? He has told me how he believes Rehab to be the only option for him now as he as never been any recommendations on a successful Rehab in England?? (some offer 5 days but that would never be enough) He is in full time work and has been for about 7-8 years but he is just working for his addiction and he kind of knows that he might have to give up his job whether he is really willing to do that i do not know, as no money equals no drugs, that is why i believe it to be a good option. All i know is no matter   how hard it is to get off heroin i would defiantly of got clean for my kids if i was in his situation, that is why i probably believe he is going to do it. but i suppose only time will tell and i am not willing to stick around him for much longer either i have had years of hell with this just before i give up i have seen no end of stories on here so just thought i would try and get a few sensible oppions. I WILL ALSO GET HIM TO READ THIS NEXT TIME I SEE HIM SO PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN OFFER HIM ADVICE OR MAYBE WHAT THAT DRUG HAS DONE TO YOU OR MADE YOU LOSE PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO WRITE SOMETHING REALISTIC FOR HIM TO READ AS HE HAS NOT REALLY LOST ANYTHING DUE TO THIS DRUG YET.          
My best friend was addicted to heroin and her baby got taken away from her. Both her husband and her were locked up( him in jail, her in rehab) due to the drug and now her mother has custody of her child. She has since quit using but is still unable to get custody of her child back
what does he take methadone for? is it too help get off heroin or does he have legit pain he needs it for? addiction to opiates is a very hard battle for any one person to conquer, most ppl need support friends family, but until he realizes he has a problem and wants to stop there isnt much you can do except threaten him, which worked for my wife on me a few years ago.

GOOD LUCK!!
yes he takes methadone for heroin, yeah threats have gave him the most motivation so may b just sticking to the threats will be the only thing to do it.