Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
organs suffer

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

organs suffer

hi frnds,,
i really appreciate for ur valuable suggestions,wich gave me a new ray of hope..,but my situation is cmpletely
different.i jst cant go and tel my parents as they suffer frm heartache,dnt hv tat guts to tell them.. i knw ,to over
come this pblm how important is parents support and involvement,but am really helpless...i request u friends
to help me wid some more suggestions to get rid of this syrup.. plz if anyone can come up with their real life experiences of gettin clean,tat would really boost me up..hope u members support me to quit this syrup all on
my own without causing any damage to my parents...thanq ,,and i also wantd to knw
wich are d organs tat get affectd badly due to the cough syp addiction...???
Tags: organs
Welcome friend!!I'm not quite sure which organs are affected from cough syrup addiction.Admitting ytou have this problem is the 1st step so congratulations!!Now it's time to clean your body from the syrup...throw away everything  you currently have that rerminds you of it and throw out the syrup!!!Occupy yourself so you're nt tempted to go and purchase another bottle,Stay here and post regularly as we are here to help you!!Stay strong!!Good luck and keep us posted!~Anne
How old are you?  Can you seek help without your parents knowing?  There are many mental health clinics that deal with substance abuse, many are free.  Look one up in your area.  We all have many stories ranging in different tones but there is always a common thread:  we got hooked on drugs and are fighting with everything we have to get clean, stay clean and live in recovery.  Its not easy, believe me.  Im not too sure about cough syrup addiction, but am guessing its more mental than physical.  That means you are going to have to be strong in your head and just fight the urge to use it.  Its gonna take strength and time but it will be well worth it.  Keep posting.. we are fighting this all together.  Good luck and God bless.
Hi!   You just need to stop this and do it fast!!   Is there a friend who can help? Someone you can be accountable to?  This may be hard to do on your own but try to dig down deep and have some self control.  What you're doing is very bad. The organ it affects is your BRAIN. I'm serious!!  You could end up permanently psychotic;not being able to tie your own shoes!
We can support you. Keep posting with how your doing.  Do you have a doctor? You should call him.

Vicki