Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
oxycodone 10 mg. vs. oxycodone hcl 10 mg.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I was taking two Oxycodone 5 mg. Now I'm taking 1 Oxycodone hcl 10 mg. Is there a difference from the hcl tablets and the ones without hcl? It seems like the tablets before (the ones without the hcl) were a little bit stronger than the ones I take now that have hcl after the Oxycodone. Thanks.
check it out at the webmd website... type them in the search box and do some reading on both of them
hey maybe you can tell me what would be good to take for pain I had ADR surgery 4 years ago, since then they have been switching my meds around and I want to stop taking anything with Tylenol in it.  They have me on 30 mg oxycontin, twice daily, 10/325 percocet 6 a day, soma 4 times daily and xanax 2 mg for anxiety.  

What are my options for the breakthrough pain, that is what I am taking the percocet for and I need to stop with the Tylenol already enough is enough.  I talked with my doc last time I was there to see her, and this is when she switched me to the percocet from Vicoprofen, due to the fact that it was doing nothing for the pain.  

Please if you have any ideas I know you might not be a Dr. however, I just need some one elses opinion on this matter.