Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
oxycontin- clean 16 days today-anxiety????

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

so yea i ive been clean for 16 days now im feeling preatty proud of myself.... did every opiate in the book for about 2 years straight but mainly oxycontin (4-7 80mg oxys a day for the past year , was on methadone for 9 months  75 mg... got off of it last september but just went back to using.

anyway my first time quiting was a month and a 1\2 ago... lasted 9 days

so now im preatty much done my 16th day ... stilll hurting a lil bit but not nearly as bad as it was.

anyway im getting panic attacks constantly during the day and the doctor is giving me valium but its not doing anything becaseu i think im immune to benzos , was on larazpam for 1 year (1-2 mg a day) and started taking valium 20mg a day recently because of my panic attacks.

im wondering if this is gunna get better...my doctor wants to put me on anti depressents but i dont know about that.... i dont feeel im depressed im just gettting mad panic attacks all day

just looking for advice about this ********...   is ths anyother drug that doesnt have bad withdrawls and sideeffects that will just calm me down ????stop my mind racing? i really dont know what to do?
I do know that some antidepressants have ingredients in them that also help with panic attacks.  If you've been on all these other drugs, would it really hurt to try antidepressant that will be helpful for you?  Just think about it.  I am on antidepressants and have been for years, and will probabaly never be off them.  Depression runs in my family, and I have been down that long, dark and lonely road a few times.  The antidepressants I take are prozac and tegretal, and I have no side effects.  Talk to your dr. in detail about them before ruling them out completely.  I also take xanax, 1mg three times a day.  It's part of my depression therapy.  Valium don't do anything for me at all but the xanax really work.  Warm thoughts, and let me know what you decide.  Shere'
these panic attack are they actual attacks or periods of extreme anxiety?  Try and source the root cause, think real hard as to where it comes from- anxiety and panic comes from emtional states right? emotional states comes from belief systoms right? example of you beleive the world is unsafe you will be physically feeling scared when you go out so the emotions and physiological responses come after the beliefs and thoughts. i dont believ these attacks come from nowhere and i dont believe that drugs is the answer- it might surpress them but i dont think it will because the mind is more powerful than an antidepressant which sometimes takes months to work anyway and there is also a lot of writing about its efectiveness and such- for some borderline depressants it doesnt work because their depression comes because of situations and such and pills cant change that. for example if you are skint you get depressed because you are skint- dont have money- dont go out because you cant afford it and thus you end up getting depressed. the doctor gices you pills for this without looking at root causes because that is what western medecine does- treats symptoms on a surface way and doesnt look at why symptoms occur- its just what the sympton is and how they can treat it. so in the skint case you would look at others ways to get and feel better- how would you enrich your life without needing money to do it- what hobbies you could do that dont cost money but will make your life enriching, and if you worked hard enough on these lines it will help better than a magic pill. although i recognise somepeople have clinical depression and in this case pills deffinately do work, im talking about non clinical depression the borderline cases where you feel a bit down, a bit anxious but in between these times you are capapble of feeling quite happy. so with you yuoud go deeper into where this anxiety is coming from. is it a fear of symptoms in which case yud tell yourself to help you with this- such as it wont get any worse than this, i ma cioping wihtnit much better then i give myself credit for. or is it the fact that you are clean and have whipped a veil off of your emotions and you are dealing with them all at once? whatever it is only you can figure it out with gentle brain prodding and real soul searching. i find i have periods of itense anxiety and i figured out i got it when i hadnt paid a bill on time but i wasnt conciously connecting it with that- also if i had an appointemnt or meeting with a counselloror what ever i would have anxiety, and once i figured out the reasons i put things into place to help- like trying to face bills and not push them under the carpet. also with anxiety it can comealong when you expect it- its like clockwork- at a ecrtain time of day does it come on? in which case youd think abotu re training your brain to think about something else and reliev tension- do something different to trick your brain out of its panic pattern, if you get panic attacks in afternoons do some distract thing like go swimming or whatever. your brain follows the routine of panic and anxiety. also stay away from alcohol, caffeine and tobacco and try not to focus so much on it- distract your brain with dvd.s computer games, walking and exerciuse and reported to be really valuable- meeting a friend,making a new friend, do something new and they will fade away in the end, ut the more you expect and focus on it the more its going to hapen- trust in the fact they will fade evntually.
i got nothing to be depressed about.... never have problems with money .... i stop hanging out with my junkie friends and went back to my old buddys who just drink and i cant even hang out with them unless i drink or ill have panic attacks, or if i swallow a bunch of valium i dunno i just wanna be happy.... ive been playing basketball and sports trying to keep my mind of things but i seem to be thinking too much... ever since highschool ive been getting panic attacks and oxys seem to fix my anxiety but i dont wanna live like that... and i feel if i keep getting these panic attacks im gunnna wanna use