Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
oxycontin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

oxycontin

Does the blue pill of oxycontin cause physical abuse by the one who is taking the pill?
oxy is dangerous if abused it is often sniffed and can cause permanent damage fill us in a bit more about whats going on here how much you using for how long is it prescribed or are you getting it off the street........Gnarly  
I am thinking you mean that someone is abusing you and you are wondering if  the oxy is what is causing this.If a person is already physically abusive then the oxy probably would not help.I have never been abusive after taking oxy but it does make you annoyed at others more than usual.
I'm with ricart70 on this.  Yes, narcotics can make a person less tolerant  of others but its not an explanation of physical abuse.  Being irritated by someone could be blamed on the narcotics.  Acting on those impulses is another thing.  I'd get support for the victim and treatment/therapy for the abuser.  If this happens again, get out now !!!
Oxys mess with your brain and can change your personality when using.  If someone is abusing these drugs they could become violent depending upon how much they are using and for how long.  I would not put up with any physical abuse and get help.