Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
pain medication oxycodone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

pain medication oxycodone

I need advice. I just found out i was recently pregnant and im have been on oxycodone 15mg 4 times a day for the last 3 years due to severe back pain . I have fracture disk compressed disk and bulging disk. And i am also on Valium 10 mg 2 times day i stopped taking the Valium the second i found out. But my pain in my back is so bad its so hard to go with out the pain meds . But i did cut down from 4 times a day to 3 . please help and please dont judge me i have really bad arthritis and at times i cant get out of bed :(.
No judgment here doll, I would talk to your doctor so you guys can work out a plan that will work for your pain and not hurt the baby. I was in a lot of pain when I was Peggi with my last baby, I could barley walk so feel ya. See about acupuncture if that will be okay while pro I have herd amazing things from good friends of mine with bad back pain. there are some other women on here that have or are prego who might bee able to help you too. But I would be taking with your doctor, best wishes and congrats on the baby :)
I'm 27 weeks pregnant and quit taking all pain meds by choice I did alot of research along with talking to my dr.  I was tapered down a lil but ultimately had to do it cold turkey I did that at 17 weeks I have high risk pregnancies this is my third and in constant pain from the life I've been dealt.  I was constantly worried that my baby would be born addicted which is the greatest possibility pain meds are some what safe but do remember whatever pain your gonna go through quitting do will your child.  I quit and I have a 6 year old and 2 year old, work full time on third shift I also have RA lupus and ankylosing spondylitis so much pain but I've found other ways of coping.  I'm not judging or trying to sound superior cause by no means am I please talk with your dr and they will let you know what to do.  Good luck I pray for the best outcome for you and your lil one. Hope this helps
Aaawww.  I feel the same soreness every time I get out of bed too, but I'm not pregnant.  Please be sure that these meds are safe for your baby, and if not, stop immediately.  Remember: children first.  I'm sorry you are in so much pain... find out what is safe to take while pregnant.  Blessings - Blu
Going cold turkey is not recommended while pg.  It can bring on early labor.  Talk with your OB about a taper plan.  That way he/she can monitor you and the baby to ensure everyones safety.  The baby feels what we do so you want to go slow.  You will notice more pain as you wean down and that should level out so dont get discouraged.  Is this your 1st baby?
what other ways have you found to cope with your pain? this is my third pregnancy i lost my second due to medical malpractice.
this is my third pregnancy i lost my second thru medical malpractice . My 8 year old i wasn't on any meds but spent most of my time in the hospital with both past pregnancies.
I take lots of showers and baths reg Tylenol an anti inflammatory all prescribed by my specialist.  I know the feeling this is my seventh pregnancy but I only have 2 children this will be my third.  Your going to do great talk with your OB like domino said cold turkey is not recommended but just starting a plan will make you feel better.  It's very hard to get up some days but what I tell myself is that pregnancy is not forever and then we can always fix the other issues afterwards I hope this help let me know if there is more i can help with it