Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
pain relief

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

pain relief

My name is Lana and I have a brain aneurysm, which was sealed off with platinum coils & the blood has clotted around the coils thus sealing it off and saving my life. I also have neck & back damage due to an accident and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My problem is, I have been taking endocet since the accident in 2006 and i
think i have developed a tolerance for them as now the only way i can get rid of the pain is take 2  10/325 mg.
pills. My question is; how can i get off the pills and what alternatives do i have for getting rid of the pain?
Does anyone else have similar or same problems, if so, what are they doing about the pain?
I would suggest you taper your dose to prevent any possibility of seizures and ibuprofen or aspirin would be a good pain reliever because they thin the blood and act as pain relief.
I would not recommend anything with caffeine because it constricts blood vessels.
You could alternate tylenol and ibuprofen during the withdrawal pain and then stick with ibuprofen and adding acetaminophen only when pain is more severe.