Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
pain

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

pain

I take a lot of Norco,I probably shouldnt but i have a herniated disc.I also have fibromyalga (fibromyalgia).What do you do for the pain.
I was just looking back at the sites I found for sciatica. Tons out there.  I googled, found out all I could find out. I kept walking every day. When you sit for a long time your discs fill with fluid. When you walk the fluid leaves the disc and the swelling goes down, at least in my case it did and still does. My herniated disc was slightly relieved by bending forward, so I put a board under the couch cushion and had my knees up on a 50mm exercise ball (or whatever you can find) as I rested. My insurance gave me PT sessions. I learned a set of exercises to do every day. I went to a pain clinic and got ESI and other treatments. This was on top of Norcos, Skellaxin, Flexoril, and Naproxin. I had to stop the Norcos. To addicting for me. Made me miserable. I have a bad back for the rest of my life and I learn to live with it. Relaxers help when it gets bad. Use sparingly as a last resort and you won't build up a tolerance to them.