Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
painful effect shooting heroin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

painful effect shooting heroin

Ever since i've started getting dosed on methadone whenever i use heroin (intravenously) i get a horrible burning pain that feels like its shooting through my body like right under my skin. Sometimes it's barely tolerable sometimes it barely even happens but i never get the nice rush i used to. the better the dope or bigger the amount i do the worse the pain. sometimes its in the palms of my hands and feet and always like in my chest. Has anyone ever heard of this or felt the same pain? I don't know if it is coincidence that it started when i started the methadone or not. Also it seems to happen when i smoke coke before i shoot it. I can't find anything about it anywhere but it would be really helpful if anyone has any info about this pain whether it's facts or personal experience.
Ok, I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but do you remember the joke about the guy who went to the doctor and said "Doc, I get these awful pains when I lift my arm like this. What do I do?" and the doc says" Stop doing that".
Well, In answer to your question....Stop doing that.
If you need help getting clean, we're here for you.
I thought this was a forum in which addicts turn to other addicts for support & advise on how to stay clean? Not what to do in case your shooting up dope & something goes wrong, or doesnt feel right. I personally have never done heroin or shot dope of any kind, but these symtoms (symptoms) you are describing I have never heard of? Also methadone is a drug which is supposed to help you kick your craving & desire to use, but yet you are still using? I just hope that you are not one of those people who take methadone just for those rainy days when you have no heroin, this gives methadone clinics a bad name. Regardless, have you thought about suboxone? I have heard that some people do much better on sub versus methadone? Just a thought. I really hope you find some help for your addiction. Penelope
penelope: u took the words right off my keyboard lol......i agree with u 100%.....nice post

smash: magi is right...stop doing it....did it ever occur to u that the methadone is making u have all this pain so u wont use herione?......r u doing methadone to get off the herione?...doing them both 2 gether would be a dangerous combo if u ask me......maybe u r doing to much herione? i think its ur body telling u to stop b4 u do to much and kill urself......i was on oc's which r alot like herione ive heard and the w/d is hell but doable....r u trying to get clean?i hope so.....ur so young and have so much life ahead of u...why not make today a clean day?...think about it ok....
i totally agree witht the above post.  why are you doing both.  the methadone is to help get off the heroin so just stop doing it.  the methedaone takes cravings.  dont keep abusing you body like that.  you will be sorry if you live.  good luck and if you really wanna quit we will be here for you.
cathy
methadone will block all other opiates from giving you a euphoric feeling...that is the purpose of it....if you are on methadone, you could do 2 kilos of heroin and still will not get the high you are looking for.  I'm surprised you weren't told that....It's like doing line of coke, and than taking nyquil....your NOT going to sleep.....
That's one of the reasons why methadone is used for opioid dependence......because of the blockade it creates.  If you are still craving, it sounds to me as if you are underdosed.  At the proper dose, methadone does block cravings.....and, rather nicely, I might add.
methadone blocks nothing. I"ve known many addicts that take there morning dose then spend the day shooting heroin.
Yes, I have had it happened. Your palms, feet, crotch, chest burn...neck turns all red.
Happened to me on met & not on met. May be whack cut in the dope. I always cool my hit in cold water, you figure when you heat it, sometimes it boils, that may cause it.
Maybe somewhen else will have a straight answer rather than preach, it's not going to make it go away.
Smash may not be back. A lot of people who write stuff like this just space it out, go figure. This is typical of the people I knew on methadone clinics including myself, in my methadonian years. "METHADONE, THERE'S NO FUTURE IN IT."
I have experience with all of the substances and methods of which you speak...this is not a normal reaction to methadone or to the combination (which shouldnt even be done)
at all with smack - there could be a slim possibility that some antagonist like narcane has been introduced in the formulary for this reason - although I am not aware of such a move. I bet that it does slow down the desire to bang something else if it feels like that!~
That may just be good for you!!!
I have just recently been getting the EXACT same feeling. Its horrible for a few seconds but then eventually goes away. I am not taking methadone but i have taken one zanax each day for a week or so and wondered if that could be it because this feeling JUST started happening out of the blue. Have you heard of what it could be? I realy need someones help lease and thanks