Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
painkillers

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

painkillers

wut are the worst signs of withdrawls and how long do they last?
Tags: Addiction
anxiety, tremors, sweating, Depair. See my above posts to others in you position. YOU can and will make it.
Hi.  I am 14 days off of vicodin.  I am still experiencing withdrawls, but feel pretty good today.  I'm not sure what to expect but I know what I have already went through.....sweats, chills, lots of chills, diarrea (diarrhea), bad nights sleeping well, tossing and turning, anxious, tired with no energy, sadness, dizziness, confusion, and dreaming of vicodin.  Fight it and take the withdrawls otherwise it's back to square one.  I have been fighting it and glad that I have.  No withdrawls are easy, or I guess they woudn't be a problem for anybody.  I looked at it from another direction......free of lies, free of buying them (felonies), free of spending money I didn't have, everyday gets better my friend.  The first week is usally hell.  I didn't have anything at all to help me other than banana's for leg cramps, gatoraide and lots of water, tylenol etc.  Didn't want to admit anything to a doctor or anybody, so went cold turkey.  You can do it!
good job on getting clear and clean!
I am 2 weeks out now and feeling great. It was a rough ride as I had no help but baths and sleeping pills.... oh and plenty of valrian tea and b vitamins.

It get esaier every day. It isn't like smoking where you might crave em the rest of your life. At least for me it seems that way.
Thanks so much.  We need encouragement and I think we need it often :)  Glad to know it isn't like smoking, because I quit that recently too again....doing good.  Funny without the vicodin I don't crave cig's at all.  When I was on the vics I wanted to smoke much more.  I think last night was the first night I didn't dream about a vicodin.  Maybe I'm getting through this.  Didn't have anything to help me sleep, but survived!  Thank you so much.
well i am new to this so i couldn't figure out how to post this in drug addiction. ok well anyways me and my girlfreind have been dating for like almost like 5 years maybe 6. well when i first meet her i relized i was just looking for trouble knowing she had a  prescription drug problem over the years it was different types of medicines from different doctors, etc, etc. well now she is hooked on soma and will get them any way possible from doctors who don't even know he condition. don't tey know that this drug can kill you if u take more than one pill, well in her case she would take one wake up an hour later and still think she has pain and continue to do this through the course of the day till i get home from work and serach for them so she can't take anymore. they make her talk in like a mummble up language and can't walk straight. i care for her and i feel  it's just hurting our relationship. i just can't take it anymore. me and her father have tryed calling the er and any doctors she gets them from but some other stupid doctor she finds gives them to her. the funnny thing is most of them wont give loratab but will prfer you to have the soma. since being with her i have noticed her way more druged up with theses somas than the loratabs. i'd rather see her take them then just take soma and basically kill her self. they reax musels and she doesn't seem to understand what they do . i keep telling her over and over one day you'll take to many and hurt your self or even worse kill yourself. you wanna know what the response is there.... well of course with any other pills addiction, she'll tell me it's her body and she'll do what she wants were not married. so what i have to be married to her for her to stop this none sense. i just don't know what to do i am only her boyfreind and of course everytime she get these pills and takes to many she calls up her parents and they come get her cause they know i'm to pissed and it better any way. she just makes me so mad at time and i wouldn't wanna do anything stupid to hurt her, so it's best to let her cool off at the parents i guess. after all her father does most of the calling around to explain to the doctors whats going on,etc,etc. i know you shouldn't just stop these pills cause of the withdrawl (withdrawal) but i think she needs to stop. we have talked meaning me and my girls about getting some help and of course i fell for it again. she says i'll seek help after the holidays to which i would like to spend time with her durring the holidays but how am i suppose to deal with this when just the other day after telling me she'd fine help after the holidays she lies to me and goes behind my back and gets 90 pills with 5 refills. i know i tend to jump around , when something is on my mind i tend to jump around in my conversations so just bare with me. i just knew from the beginning i should of just never dated her. but i seen more than just that and after 5,6 years know i just can't take it. she always tells me i'm not hurting you so why does it matter to you, and i know it's the pills doing most of the talking and i try to look past that and maybe just one day she'll open her eyes and relize shes just not hurting her slef but everyone around her, including me. i'm to the point to where maybe if i just leave her for a while she'l think well maybe i do need help, ut whos to say she'll do that for a while saying she needs help and when we get back together she does it all over again. i know this is long but i just needed to get this out and maybe see if anyone out there knows of a website or place on here where i can talk to others  and get a feeling i'm not alone.
well for a while i do beleave your right about the parents but after today i am see that her dad from what he is telling me is going to put her in like a detox center, cause he nor i would like to see her put in jail for this and stop cold turkey. cause like u said it could kill you. i tought of plenty of time of just calling the police but what good would that do her except kill her more, but then again they prolly put her in the detox center somewhere and maybe just maybe then she'll get some help that she needs. and about the silent camera thing i have thought of  what you said but i myself was thinking maybe even just a voice recoder so she could hear herslef talking to me but  with a camera and  sound,etc maybe that would help. i almost rather see her get help then just to leave cause i think it would just make thing worse for her and she'd prolly get into it to much and kill herslef to ehich i would feel i had something to do with and i just son't think i could like with that guilty consion of know that even though i  didn't do it to myself or her, she did. me and her father have been getting into this matter closely these days and i really think his eyes are opening up seeing his daughter like she is and drainig him of his life. he's like 54 and has problems of his own and is not a pill addict but has health problems and i think if she doesn't get the help she needs he'll be digging her grave instead of her fathers. you get what i mean. ok, thanks for the advice. it just feels great to talk about this to people with the same problems as me. thank you for the thoughts and hope everything goes well on your half.
Wow, I'm far from a professional but it sure sounds like she has serious issues.  My vicodin addiciton I was able to hide quite well.  As a matter of fact I work for a substance abuse prevention program and all of my co-workers didn't have a clue.  Sounds like she sure can't hide it because the soma's make her speech slurred and walking tippy.  She is in total deniel of this problem and so are her parents I think.  I know they try to help, but to me this is just enabling her.  Wow is all I can say, because you must have the patience of a saint. I wonder if you take your suggestion of leaving her if that would wake her up, or would it just make using easier because you won't be around to tell her how much this is hurting her and everybody around her, because like you said she may say its her body and she isn't hurting you, but hay honey she is hurting a lot of people that care about her whether she admits that or not.  One thing I was thinking while reading your post was I just wondered if video taping her secretly someone when she is all screwed up would make her see herself differently?  I mean these people don't see themselves that way, they don't hear themselves talk with slurred words or nothing.  Just a thought I had.  I really feel for you and glad you found this site because it has totally helped me.  She is never gonna stop until she wants to, she won't do it for you at this point I don't think and she really needs to admit the problem for Real and heck with waiting until after the holidays, that is just another excuse and when the holidays are done, it will be another excuse.  She can admit this to her doctor and get the help to get off - addicts have a hard time admitting this to their doctor for fear of getting cut off completely.  She would just go to another Dr. like you said and get more.  When she is serious about quitting she needs to be honest with whatever Dr. she is comfortable with.  I worry about people buying these drugs, getting caught and going to jail! Felonies for each one you buy.  Cold Turkey in jail would probably kill her.  I will keep you in my thoughts as well as her.  Please take care and don't beat yourself up over it....you are only trying to help her.
Sounds like things could move in the right direction, especially if dad is getting more involved.  If you feel leaving would be worse, than you are doing the right thing by staying.  You don't want the weight of something happening to be on you like you said, that would be hard to live with.  I sure hope she is willing to do what you and her dad may suggest.  Has she ever read any of the things people write on here?  That is what really opened my eyes to my own addiction, but then again I was ready to have my eyes opened and it don't sound like she is just yet.  Maybe someday she will admit the problem and be totally sick of living the way she is.  It must be hard.  Financially I was killing myself too, not paying bills because the vicodins were more important, now I'm trying to play catch up and it is hard.  Christmas, well forget about that because there won't be any extra money.  I will do the best I can and go one.  Christmas is for small children anyhow and I'm not going to get myself all worked up over it.  My two grandkids will get something and that is that.  I sure hope she comes around for everybody's sake.  Hang in their my friend, there could be a light at the end of the tunnel.  She will need help, there is no doubt about that, thing is she needs to want that help and can't be forced.  I sure hope she comes to want the help.  Again, you and everybody keep trying, never stop trying.
To answer your question, they last about a total of 4-6 days.

you suffer the most the first 3 days. It gets better but you still feel like **** for the next 3 days. Usually after the first week you will feel somewhat normal, but you HAVE to keep yourself busy, if not you will go back due to boredom and depression.

hey kewlguy- i posted you a comment in the pain management forum. hope it helps-
good luck-
i posted you a reply comment in the pain management forum