Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
percocet withdrawal timeline

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

percocet withdrawal timeline

Hi, I am new to this board and I am trying to get some advice/support for my percocet addiction. It started a little more than a year ago when I first started experiencing acute irritable bowel like symptoms and being in college I did not agree with the symptoms at all and after struggling with my anxiety medication, I turned to percocet. I could do a bump of a 30 mg pill and feel good for 5 hours and now it takes a half. Its kind of scary when I look at the correlations. Anyway, I have been off them for 6 days now and I believe I have experienced the worst of the withdrawals I just dont know how to manage the cravings and anxiety. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist in a month but thats a long time when it comes to these things. Should the increased anxiety be gone by now?  If not, when? My ibs was very much tied to anxiety and I just dont want to get caught in a terrible loop of anxiety and stomach pains.
Just relax ,stay away  from caffeine increase your water..
hi and welcome.....the anxiety will come and go...it did for me anyway...if you had it before then it might be a little worse but just know that if you are done with the pain pills that you will start to feel better soon!!  stay close to this site and you will get alot of support!  good luck with it all!  keep posting!!  
Hi there and comgrats on being 6 days clean! That is huge and yes you are def past the worst of the physical w/d's by now. As far as the Mental stuff, that will take some time. The anxiety for me was off and on for the first few weeks, but the worst of it was over after about 3 weeks. The above poster was right in that you should avoid alot of caffeine. Also, stay as active as you can. That really helps alot with the lack of energy too.  You can take hot baths as well. That also helps with the skin crawling and goosebumps you may still have.

Your doing great, just keep moving forward. This forum is great for support and advice. Its a little slow now because of the holidays but there is always someone here to help if you need it.
Keep moving forward the anxiety can hang around for a little while. You need a plan of attack when it comes to the mental withdrawals and how to get thru them. Exercise and keeping your mind occupied helps some till the cravings pass. Have you thought of any type of aftercare? NA? Therapy?
I agree you should start looking for some aftercare, NA/AA, counseling, etc., and I think that will help a bit with anxiety.  You could also try Valerian Root or Calms Forte by Hylands.  They're both all-natural and some people think they help with sleep and/or anxiety.  I've tried them and I think it helps the anxiety at least as well as Ativan.