pleasepleasepleasehelp-snorting ritalin
I've been snorting Methyphenidate for only about a month now, maybe 2 or 3 times a day. Only in small doses (i.e. 30mgs, or my 10mg tablets. one or two at a time). I looked up my nose a few minutes ago and it looks like the nostril i use is swollen or something. Not my septum area, but the other side of my nose looks more enlarged. I'm so scared. I thought it took years for nose damage to happen, at least thats what I read somewhere. I can't go see a doctor about it because I'll get caught (I'm only 18 and I live at home until I leave for college in sept.) I also don't drive, which makes things extremely difficult. I could have a friend take me somewhere but I don't have any way of paying for it. I don't want to get my ADD meds taken away. When school comes around, I actually do need them. I was planning to take care of this problem when I'm moved in at college, I don't know what to do now.

I was also wondering how long it can take for your teeth to get damaged?

Please help me.
I need it really bad.
What are probably experiencing is a normal reaction to something that you are alergic foo.  I would no worry about it I try to pull yourself out of you ass and do the thinks that are right....

I was asking for help, not criticism. Thanks for trying to help but I don't need to feel any worse than I already do.
Are you ok? the post didn't sound like you.?
it would take a while for any permanent damage to happen but it depends on how much you snort. Info - don't snort anymore it has dire effects on the brain. Also, it can cause nose bleeds and swelling as you posted. Your 18 live to the fullest and take your meds as directed. If I were you i would tell the doc the truth - HE WONT DIVULGE doctor patient confidentiality.

Good luck

Alex
I know when i was 18 i felt invinsible. believe me these bodies don't last long.
I experimented with script and street drugs as a teenager and totally burned out. My memory is still pretty bad.
I have a neice who had to have the lining of her nose repaired and she was only 20. If she was putting any drugs up her nose she hid it pretty good because all anyone knew was that she drank.
Hey there young one (-:

Sweetie, you need to not put things in your nose.  You may have a sensitive nose and could damage your sinuses.

I did things like that when I was your age and younger (some older into early twenties).    Don't feel bad, you did the right thing by coming to this forum.

You know you can always call Ask-a-Nurse (if they have that in your area) and just tell them what your symtoms are and ask for advice.   Even a pharmacy could tell you if they have anything over the counter to treat the symptoms.....I'm sure they would talk to you without you giving your name.

Please let us know how you are doing, okay?   I am thrilled you are going to college, lots of kids your age don't go that route anymore.............don't let drugs mess this up for you because it costs money to live in this world and you need to be able to make a living before too long.

tzt
The speed and meth is a bad thing. I dabbledaround for several months and was worried about it  rotting my teeth. outside a couple cavities, it didn't hurt my teeth, and as you know the s--t makes you ugly as well as highly addictive. Put the **** down and don't look back hon. You don't want to get in trouble with your doctor, and your health is at stake. You are still young. And Don't snort your meds anymore take them the way they are supposed to be taken. See how things excellate when the docs give us meds? Be careful now. And I don't mean to sound harsh. Been there done that.       cathy
Hey bro,

Are you ok?

Tim
Thank you guys SOOOOOO much for your help and support. My nose has gone down alot and I can breathe better out of that nostril :]Everything you've all said I'm taking into extreme consideration. I'm going to try my best to not do this again, or do it sparingly. I hope it's not the latter. I have a really addictive personality and it runs in my family. I used to have a drinking problem too. I was just so scared because I didn't have anyone to talk to. I'm always the one people come to with their problems so it was weird being put in their position. I bought some nose spray to help, so I'll use that for now. Thank you all again.<3
Damn did you finally get over it what ever happened?? I have the same prob now Im 19 and Ive been snorting for bout 2-4 months or so but **** I dont have what you described but Im slowing down on it finally now and just sticking to my green lol! If I need to take my ritalin I will take it how your supposed to lol. But yeah I always would make sure everything I snorted went all the way down then I'd blowy nose to get the access **** out lol.. but yeahh just felt like commenting lol! -Grant