Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
positive drug screen with excedrin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

positive drug screen with excedrin

I would like to know how much excedrin sinus (aceteminophen 325mg and phenyleprine HCI 5mg) a dehydrated 120 pound female would have to take in order to have it show up in a positive drug screen for MDMA or Ectasy?  
It would be virtually impossible, and probably fatal, to ingest enough excedrin to have a bona fide drug test come back positive for MMDA or MDA  - - drug tests have been proven to not be 100% accurate. Plus or minus about 2% is the best the manufacturers can promise. Thats really quite good for most medical things. But those few mistakes can ruin lives, If you are indeed clean - ask for anothet test or better yet ask to have hair follicle test done - its more accurate and even goes back further than the couple days a urine test result are good for,,,,,,,, good luck to you - - -
i can tell you that i tested positive for marijuana when i was taking 4 excedrin migrianes every day for about 6 months.  i had a confirmation test which was negative and went to court and the court ordered the CPS to remove the drug screen from my records...i was invloved with CPS because i had a foster child they reoved from me because of the screen...
Avatar n tn
My cousin test positive for cocaine.  She took excedrin for a headache and now she may loose a job for nothing.
See, I have a hard time buying some of this (like the cocaine, etc)?  Excedrin contains acetaminophen (tylenol), caffeine, and aspirin.  What would make an opiate test be positive?

I'm seriously curious...b/c I cannot understand how a drug screen for these things could be positive based on Excedrin alone.  I am aware of some other substances that could affect a test, but not this.

Enligten me, b/c it is very interesting, and I'm corn-fused!!!!!  :0)

Can Poppy seeds in excess do that? How about too many cold capsules? I had to test years ago for awhile and i never had a false positve or failed a test and i didnt take anything the entire time except ibuprofen period, i wouldnt even eat a roll with Poppy seeds or take any cold medicine......
when i tested positive it was for thc.  and thats a fact....it was the excedrin, i was told by 2 different drs, who testified in court to the fact...
Avatar n tn
Excedrin contain Phenylepherine which can  fail you ona  drug  test  for  amphetimines.