Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
pot

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

pot

Is it true that pot is bad for you and causes cancer. I have been friends with pot heads my whole life and I have never seen or herd of anyone I know getting cancer from it or having any physical health problems other than just being lazy. I smoked it most of my life every day for 25-30 years . I havnt smoked for 6  months and don't really notice much different. I don't crave it and really don't care about it at all. I guess I just wana know what are the benefits of me not smoking verses smoking. I never paved for it when I did smoke. So never financial thing. I have never really lived without smoking every day up to 6 months ago so I don't really know any different. I really just want an honest real reason not to smoke again. I did see reefer madness
Well, perhaps if you didn't smoke ever again, your spelling would improve.
Maybe. Or maybe auto correct on my phone. What does spelling have to do with. That would be do to lack of education. Sorry for the spelling vicki. Kinda like katron instead of the correct spelling of kratom. I like your straight forward blunt attitude. You are very strong minded and a tuff nut to crack much like myself. Seriously though what are the reasons I should not smoke anymore. I love god and try to do right by others and help people as much as possible.
I'm glad you have a great sense of humor! I hope it's still intact after you read my responses to your post on the KRATOM thread!!

Anyway and seriously, I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't smoke pot,other than respiratory problems. Cancer risk? Yes. But,I truly don't know how much of a risk compared to the rest of the air we breathe,exposure to radiation etc...I've always thought smoking pot was a personal choice. I never liked it but that's because I'm a drug snob. I only liked one drug and one only!
I had my six month sober on the 8th of this month. Thank-you.
I'll be one year clean in a few days. Thank you very much.
I'm almost afraid to read kratom thread. Truth is I don't know enough to give a true answere when it comes to kratom. I do know its not that spice crap all the kids are smoking now to beat the pot test. That scares me can't be good at all synthetic chemicals sprayed on who knows what. I have hears people say cancer about lot yet have never seen known or heard of anyone out of hundreds of people I know that smoke pot. Nor have I seen respiratory problems. It's actually helpful for people who have asma so iv heard by my best friend who is a doctor.and many others. Myself I'm not a drug snob. Iv done all or them and done them very well. How I'm still alive is a miracle. Drugs all suck. I do appreciate your honesty about weed. Now I will go check out kratom thread. I'm kinda scared. Godbless vicki.
Awesome on the year you rock.
Don't be scared. It's funny!

No KRATOM isn't the spice the kids are doing. It's illegal in most states and I HOPE kids aren't finding it!   That's always my worry. Our kids...
I always wanted to be a rock STAR. Then I grew up!  (last year)   Thanks and you,too!
Hi there.  Good job on the 6mos.  But about the part where you say it's good for asthma?  I seem to have acquired adult asthma and when I was smoking pot, it really knocked me for a loop and I could barely breathe.  My husband has been smoking for 36yrs and has been clearing his throat CONSTANTLY for a year and has also developed a cough so clearly it causes respiratory problems.  I think you've just been lucky.  

I hope I spelled everything correctly...lol
Jade...I'm checking for errors now. Stand by-
The kratom thread is gone.  Did they erase it or something. Did you say something your not supposed to? Oh ya you would think I'm some young kid. The real truth is I refuse to grow up. I will always be young. Just established responsible and young. Why would I want to get old and crotchety.(spellcheck). If it would ever clear up and get warm outside I would go do kid stuff outside it hasn't been out of the fifties but ounce. It has rained almost 2 months straight I think we have had 2 days with no rain. I think staying sober will be much easier if I can get out of this house and get some sun.
It's not gone! It's four threads down from this one. Now, put on your glasses...

Where do you live?  Seattle?
In all honesty, I wish I had stuck to only pot and never jumped in the pill game.  Never had the problems with pot years then I do with opiates.  Can't OD from it, no physical WD, yet it is illegal for the most part and our lovely pills are legal for the most part.  Go figure.  I guess the last thing a drug company wants is for people to be able to grow a cheap, effective pain/remedy for them selves.  
Steveieso I did the same thing jumped on the pills. Then the devil showed up. those things ruined my life. We will win the battle though with the help of god.pot is pretty much legal here in Oregon you just go to doctor and get prescription from doc just like pills. Unfortunately doctors like pills more than weed aswell. Doesn't make a lot of sence to me the same doc giving you oxy will tell you pot is terrible.
I dont know about the medical issues caused by smoking weed but the part that i do know is it is mood altering and that is not a good thing for this addict to be dabbling in.  

Oh wait, i do know one medical condition that can happen....Obesity, from eating the kitchen cupboards.
I'm pretty sure pot does cause some health problems, everything does to an extent.  I haven't touched it in years.  I didn't make a jump from pot to pills.  I had not smoked weed for probably 10 years prior to getting hooked on pills.  But the whole mind altering thing is a problem for me at least.  If I smoked it right now, I would just want to get some pills to.
I agree Sara that's why I quit 6 months ago and don't really mis it. I always wonder why pot is labled so bad though when doctors are pushing deadly pills like there going outs style. Oh wait they never where in style. Hey Sara I sent you a message. Did you get it? Do you remember me. You helped me so much. I love you for that.
I sent you a pm back.
Thanx Sara I appreciate your help. I responded back I just hope it worked. This phone makes it really hard to send response back through email via Sprint kinda ***** not like regular computer. Anyway thanx. Ok since I'm sending you response this way Sara I must tell everyone stay strong and don't do any drugs period. If I can do it anyone can do it. Crave time not pills. I just wish I had a warp machine and I could warp 10 years. Shoot that would also make me older aswell. Hmmm! I guess its all about today.
Just for today we have our clean time/sobriety and for that we are so blessed.       sara