Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
pregnant and using percocet 30

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

pregnant and using percocet 30

I have been addicted to percocet 30s since april of last year and unlike most people I skipped the oral taking and when straight to iv usage. In august I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant. Since then I told my drs I quit but I didn't not completely I don't suffer from narcotic withdrawls so to speak it feels more like im withdrawling off the needle itself. Since becoming pregnant I have limited my usage to a fifteen a week verses the 120 mgs I was on.  I am 36 weeks pregnant today and idk what happened I guess it was an epiphany from god but I suddenly am very afraid my baby will come out addicted and I will lose him..I know I should have thought about this earlier but I have a problem I don't want to tell the drs I just want my baby to be healthy..please help me
Please PLEASE tell your OB what is going on.  Most states are testing babies for drugs now.  If you tell them what is going on they will be able to help the baby if he does have wd's.  Do what is right for both you and the baby~~~~sara
please do the right thing for you, and your child! its no good saying "i dont want to tell the drs. i just want my baby to be healthy", you need to do something about it.  please get the help and reassurance you need
take care, sudie .