ADDICTION: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
COMMUNITY
prescription fraud, HELP
by cubbiegirl, Apr 15, 2010
My OB has been giving percocets ever since October, well last time I was there the nurse accidently(or maybe she did it to catch me) gave me an extra prescription slip with the drs signature already on it.  The nurse writes all my scripts for percs cuz the dr has already signed the slips and the nurse carries it with her.  Anyways 2 weeks after this appointment, I filled out the script with my name and percs!  I am since so scared, i cant eat or sleep and I'm a nervous wreck!  needless to say I'm clean  now.  I filled this script on April 5, when do you think I would be caught by?  Do controlled substance slips go back to the dr ?  help please
Member Comments (113)
by cubbiegirl, Apr 15, 2010
forgot to add i live in ohio
by Danny111, Apr 15, 2010
Don't worry about the prescription slip.  It's long gone by now.  The point at which it would have been scrutinized the most was when they filled it.  It's not going back to your doctor and there isn't any reason for anyone to look at it again.  The prescription has already been filled.  

I got a similar very nervous/scared feeling about something I did once when I was using the pills.  I think the really scared feeling comes from the addiction and the realization that things are wrong and that you're doing things you'd never do otherwise.
by cubbiegirl, Apr 15, 2010
What if the nurse was trying to trick me?  And then later check if it was filled?  or am i just really paranoid?
by cleanmom, Apr 15, 2010
These are valid concerns you are having. That was only ten days ago and i have known of people who did this same thing that were not arrested until later as the DEA spent some time investigating before making the arrest. ]

I hope this all works out okay for you but i also hope it serves as a lesson that will push you to get yourself well. I hope you recognize your problem and will start working a program of recovery. If something does happen it will look a lot better in court if you have yourself in recovery. A substance abuse counselor, some meetings. You will need support either way to overcome this. You can't do it alone.

Check the Health Pages here as well for some information and tips to help you out with this disease. They are at the top right of this page.

I truly wish you well and hope you can use this experience as your rock bottom no matter how it turns out. You can find lots of support here. We are here for you. Keep posting............

Jacky
by cubbiegirl, Apr 15, 2010
This is my rock bottom, I have kids and a wonderful husband.  How would I even tell him that I did something so horrible?  He has no idea.  I am suppose to be a wonderful wife, mother, christian lady!  I can't be any of those with this on my mind all day!  I wish I could go back.....
by avisg, Apr 15, 2010
In our state yes then send a copy back to the doctor and just because they have not does not mean you wont get caught .Get into some aftercare ASAP ok that will help you for u and if the policed do get involved.
by cleanmom, Apr 15, 2010
You can't go back now. But, you can forgive yourself and move on and work on creating a brighter future for you and your family.

I am glad to hear that you are a christian lady as God holds all of the power to truly heal this disease. Pray. Pray a lot. I do everyday. And until i was willing to seek help and turn this over to Heavely Father i had never seen 69 days clean.

I would suggest telling your husband or someone close to you that you trust. Husband would be best. This is a lot of weight to carry on your own. You need support.

And please remember what i said about forgiving yourself. This is especially important as addiction feeds off of guilt. So ask God for forgivness, forgive yourself, change your behaviors and with that you will have earned the right to move on to a happier, healthy life.

All the best.

Jacky
by cleanmom, Apr 15, 2010
Avis is right. In most states, in fact, the doctors office is notified every time you fill a prescription for percocet. That is why i said, they may still be investigating at this point. This is all the more reason to get into aftercare as she said.

Jacky
by addicted32, Apr 15, 2010
you need to contact kajama and talk with her shes awesome and shes been through alot of what your talking about.